So, who now?

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can imagine the slack jaws talking to SSN now. "When we get shearer we're gonna win the league, ya nar!"  :idiot2:

You can see it now can't you? They always catch some charva outside the box office who just can't help talking shite.  Think Shearer would be mad to take this just yet.  It would make a Hollywood script if he came and done the business but it would be so easy for him to fail and people to turn against him.

i cant actually believe we would sack someone right now unless theres someone there. i trust ashley and mort because as of yet they are yet to fuck up, however the fans are really now an issue. that poll said 50% of fans wanted sa fired, but it seems most want him back now he is fired. why oh why is he gone? i cant honestly think of anyone who would want the job now, and indeed anyone who i belive could do a better job? sam had success at bolton. i genuinely believe that if jose came here he would be shit.

in the meantime, itll be one of shearer, jol, redknapp

Mourniho if not Lippi.  Other wise stickit with Pearson.

Pearson it is then. I don't know why people think those two will join a midtable club with a habit of not winning anything and sacking managers when they could choose any club in the world. Lippi has said many times he will never manage in England because he doesnt speak the language.

Another big question could be, "why now?"

Don't know.  Why not last week? why not end of season if things haven't worked out? the timing suggests to me they plan to get another man in asap so he can spend to put things right. 

I'm guess Sam has gone for one of these reasons...

1. He's lost the plot infront of Mort and Ashley over buying players cause of the African Cup, despite him knowing that this would be coming last Summer.

2. He's lost the players in a massive row, perhaps transfer requets have been slapped in behind the scences.

3. Perhaps Oliver was right, a big name has offered to take over and it was too irresistable chance to miss.

4. They firimly believe Sam is not he man given recent form.

I can't really think of much else, but I'm hoping its number 3.

Guest Brewcastle

I'm not disappointed. But yes; why now?

Is it to grab Mourinho before Liverpool...?

Don't know.  Why not last week? why not end of season if things haven't worked out? the timing suggests to me they plan to get another man in asap so he can spend to put things right. 

I'm guess Sam has gone for one of these reasons...

1. He's lost the plot infront of Mort and Ashley over buying players cause of the African Cup, despite him knowing that this would be coming last Summer.

2. He's lost the players in a massive row, perhaps transfer requets have been slapped in behind the scences.

3. Perhaps Oliver was right, a big name has offered to take over and it was too irresistable chance to miss.

4. They firimly believe Sam is not he man given recent form.

I can't really think of much else, but I'm hoping its number 3.

Its crazy how were now all hoping for Anal to come good for us for a change, madness.  :lol:

Mourniho if not Lippi.  Other wise stickit with Pearson.

None of those 3 in your poll.

Mourinho or Lippi.

Since when did they become British?

Yeah and if Arsenal get a poor result tonight maybe we could nab Wenger as his assistant?

Guest Guinness

No one British, I don't see how were going to improve on Allardyce with that policy making this decision even more baffling.

Guest toonarmy1810

mclaren is nailed on!! Thats when i retire from watching/supporting or have anything to do with football!!!