The 'SSN sources' thread...

Dave

Guest thenorthumbrian

Rednapp is now the bookies favourite, if he is made our new manager then there is one season ticket which will not be renewed - mine.

It will show an utter lack of ambition from our new owners. 

Theyre barking up the wrong tree with this no foriegner thing. If you want to be genuinely successful the best way to go about it is to appoint someone who has experience of being successful. And which British manager has that? Apart from the unrealistic such as Bacon Face  McTaggart or even Martin O'Neill, no-one. :undecided:

The North East correspondent on TalkSport reckons he was tipped off about McClaren at the weekend but then he is normally wrong about anything to do with Newcastle.

Maybe the British manager is a smokescreen?

100% FACT Redknapp WILL BE named next manager

As Senator Clay Davis would say: Shiiiiiiiiiiiiieeet.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT, nice one, the wire is really good.

Why would we limit ourselves to a non foreign manager? It seems irrational bordering on the insane to sack Sam and then limit ourselves to a british manager, the spectrum for a manager shortlist should in my opinion be unlimited. The sole fact that ssn reports that we are only looking in the british spectrum surely is pretty unreliable, when the logical choice would be to have a broader spectrum.

I for one think that we should have a go at a foreign manager seeming that we will probably have an easier time finding a foreign manager playing the carpet football that Sir Bobby Robson has been talking about. Anyway its in the wind and Shieeetttttttt I was suprised that Allardyce was sacked.

Guest thenorthumbrian

The North East correspondent on TalkSport reckons he was tipped off about McClaren at the weekend but then he is normally wrong about anything to do with Newcastle.

Redknapp has won nowt, we should be after the best manager avilable, British or not.

I hope so, the only two British managers of any note who have won anything over the last few years are Ferguson and O'neill.

Why would Redknapp want to leave the good thing he built at Portsmouth to come and manage our shambles?

His team are higher in the division than us, they have a better defense than us, their team are playing better football than us, and they have positive energy whereas we have a decidedly negative vibe going on at the moment.

I don't see why anyone would think that Harry would give all that up to roll the dice up here with us.

Now Steve Coppell.....maybe!!

Guest nufcfan76

Second that. To limit ourselves is just that. I'd pull a Setanta and "Bring Back Special One!" (Mourinho) Break the frick'n bank if you got to- you pay for what you get: so get the best available and the only person we'll all be happy with; who has just a bit of expierence of dealing with a big budget, takes competitions seriously if not passionately, handles big name players and plays the kind of football we want. He'll take us where we want to be. It's not that far off and why not? Any other manager will never be good enough or bold enough or respected enough. I've seen too many posts that it will never happen but this is a bold, if not unwise and untimely, move by the board at this time. So if you;re gonna switch horses, may as well trade up and pay him what he wants and get him in- it's pocket change for Ashley. Otherwise, we're in no better position for the long term and we'll find ourselves, once again, in this same postion 6 months from now. 

Guest Guinness

He fucking better be wrong on this occasion!