Now We Shall See What Ashley Is Really Made Of

Tsunami

Sacking BS at this moment in time is a huge gamble for MA. From hereonin it is not only his club & his money but it will be his manager & his manager's choice of player & team.

Brave decision certainly & one that would suggest that he's here long term.

Whoever he brings in will need time, we must all give full support & the new manager must be given at least 2 or 3 years. This has to be a new start; we simply can not afford to have another false dawn.

Mike Ashley; you've made your first huge decision, good luck. Let's get behind the team. They'll certainly need it over the next few games.

Put this post in another thread if appropriate. I just wanted to hi-light the fact the Ashley has well & truly put his head over the parapet & we all need a united front.

Whoever he brings in will need time, we must all give full support & the new manager must be given at least 2 or 3 years. This has to be a new start; we simply can not afford to have another false dawn.

We said exactly the same last summer :)

hihi

Guest taff2727

i imagine this has been well thought through.

i dont mind if it takes 3 years with the new manager.as long as our team gives 100% for him.

something which has been sadly lacking of late.

we need to see exciting attacking football.

i think we are all in for a major suprise tomorrow and i cant wait for the press conference at midday :clap2:

ashley and mort have done their homework of late and listened to the fans. O0

Guest Brewcastle

Sacking BS at this moment in time is a huge gamble for MA. From hereonin it is not only his club & his money but it will be his manager & his manager's choice of player & team.

Brave decision certainly & one that would suggest that he's here long term.

Mike Ashley; you've made your first huge decision, good luck. Let's get behind the team. They'll certainly need it over the next few games.

Put this post in another thread if appropriate. I just wanted to hi-light the fact the Ashley has well & truly put his head over the parapet & we all need a united front.

Brave decicion, yes. And maybe an expesive one too ???.  But Ashley can afford more than the others of us that wants to see attractive attacking football. So I'm optimistic to who he will bring in. -But as with Sam: I will give the guy time. But I want to see some improvement during a half season. Won't spoil 2-3 seasons with waiting for nothing.....

Ashley doesn't strike me as a guy who pisses around.

That I do agree with. Even if he no idea (and he probably does, given his mates), he's pretty likely to just say to Mort 'get me the best'. Whether that happens or not is my worry.

As mentioned in other threads, this is Ashleys chance to make it 100% his club, and bring in who he wants. I see no reason why he wouldnt be like most toon fans and want the best, that means top foreign managers, not shite like McClaren and Redknapp.

Its his chance to make a statement of intent, and I believe he's got somebody great lined up. If not, he won't be standing with the fans for many more games.

Guest taff2727

As mentioned in other threads, this is Ashleys chance to make it 100% his club, and bring in who he wants. I see no reason why he wouldnt be like most toon fans and want the best, that means top foreign managers, not s**** like McClaren and Redknapp.

Its his chance to make a statement of intent, and I believe he's got somebody great lined up. If not, he won't be standing with the fans for many more games.

his standing with the fans,wasn't a PR stunt.

he needed to gauge our opinions and thoughts,and i think he,s now done that.

roll on the future O0

Guest elpapi

can't believe he would be that stupid to listen to those standing around him  :rolleyes: i mean, there are 50000 managers in the stand every game and they all 'think' they're better than the one who's technically qualified for it... there are limits to listening to what the fans want and i fear we've crossed that limit a bit too much these days... can't say i'm too happy with today's decision  :undecided: we'll see what the future brings...

Guest taff2727

he needed to gauge our opinions and thoughts.

we are the club :clap:.he is a very astute buisness man and needed to know how the fans felt.

its all about listening to the whole story not just the spin.

i see great times ahead,but admit it will take time to get back to where we once were O0

Guest taff2727

just a thought for poor joey barton.

he must feel like shit now,Sam signed him and was going to stick by him.

whats the future for barton now.

any new manager would'nt touch him for a gold pig.

he must feel like s*** now,Sam signed him and was going to stick by him.

Put him in a box. Float it down the Tyne and let the fates carry it wherever they may.

Put him in a box. Float it down the Tyne and let the fates carry it wherever they may.

agree 3 years min floating around in abyss