If it's Redknapp?

Dokko

Wouldn't he just keep the property and get another one?  Hardly difficult to do.

His wife loves the lifestyle apparently.

What? She likes being rich? Never.

No, she likes hanging around with really famous people.

Where you getting the info from straight from Harrys missus or your copy of Heat magazine?

Its pretty much common knowledge in Southampton that the only way Mrs. Redknapp is leaving Sandbanks is in a coffin.

Guest elbee909

Wouldn't he just keep the property and get another one?  Hardly difficult to do.

His wife loves the lifestyle apparently.

What? She likes being rich? Never.

No, she likes hanging around with really famous people.

Where you getting the info from straight from Harrys missus or your copy of Heat magazine?

Its pretty much common knowledge in Southampton that the only way Mrs. Redknapp is leaving Sandbanks is in a coffin.

Has Ashley said he'll arrange this for Harry too, on top of the private jet, teleportation system and around the clock oral sex from Girls Aloud?

5m a year for 4 years? 

5 times what hes on at Pompey just now. What happens if it goes pete tong (which given our history is very possible) after 12 months then we have to pay him off with £15m.

Surely for that kind of money we could get a serious top drawer manager.

For those talking about Redknapp's house, you have to realise that Redknapp lives in what is considered to be the best and most desired property development in Britain.

More than that, it is apparently the most expensive town in the world to buy property

For those talking about Redknapp's house, you have to realise that Redknapp lives in what is considered to be the best and most desired property development in Britain.

More than that, it is apparently the most expensive town in the world to buy property

One of the Redknapp's major business investments also relies on a Redknapp presense within the town.

That is of course Jamie Redknapp's magazine, which is essentially advertising for goods the non-rich cant afford.

I've heard that the Redknapp family, in particular the wives pick up many free gifts that they wouldn't otherwise be able to afford if relying solely on Harry's and Jamie's pay packets.

Guest Brewcastle

5m a year for 4 years? 

5 times what hes on at Pompey just now. What happens if it goes pete tong (which given our history is very possible) after 12 months then we have to pay him off with £15m.

Surely for that kind of money we could get a serious top drawer manager.

Agreed. A waste of money if that information is correct.

An interesting coincidence: It was Allardyce and Redknapp that got the focus in the BBC-program about corruption in football. -Result: NUFC runs to both of them to do business  :idiot2:

Guest thenorthumbrian

This is Harry's record slightly better than mediocre, and no trophies.

1983-84 – Bournemouth (div 3) – 17th

1984-85 – Bournemouth (div 3) – 10th

1985-86 – Bournemouth (div 3) – 15th

1986-87 – Bournemouth (div 3) – 1st (promoted)

1987-88 – Bournemouth (div 2) – 17th

1988-89 – Bournemouth (div 2) – 12th

1989-90 – Bournemouth (div 2) – 22nd (relegated)

1990-91 – Bournemouth (div 3) – 9th

1991-92 – Bournemouth (div 3) – 8th

1994-95 – West Ham (Premier) – 14th

1995-96 – West Ham (Premier) – 10th

1996-97 – West Ham (Premier) – 14th

1997-98 – West Ham (Premier) – 8th

1998-99 – West Ham (Premier) – 5th

1999-00 – West Ham (Premier) – 9th

2000-01 – West Ham (Premier) – 15th

2001-02 – Portsmouth (Championship) – 17th {Director of football then manager}

2002-03 – Portsmouth (Championship) – 1st (promoted)

2003-04 – Portsmouth (Premier) – 13th {resigned halfway through season}

2003-04 – Southampton (Premier) – 12th {took over halfway through season}

2004-05 – Southampton (Premier) – 20th (relegated)

2005-06 – Southampton (Championship) – 12th {resigned halfway through season}

2005-06 – Portsmouth (Premier) – 17th {took over halfway through season}

2006-07 – Portsmouth (Premier) – 9th

2007-08 – Portsmouth (Premier) – 8th {so far}

In the Premiership he has the following stats for winning games:

West Ham - 35%

Portsmouth - 31%

Southampton - 18%

Portsmouth - 38%

Newcastle managers in Premier League: Win percentage

Kevin Keegan: 55

Bobby Robson: 44

Glenn Roeder: 40

Kenny Dalglish: 34

Sam Allardyce: 33

Graeme Souness: 29

Ruud Gullit: 27

So in his best job he's worse than Roeder.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Newcastle managers in Premier League: Win percentage

Kevin Keegan: 55

Bobby Robson: 44

Glenn Roeder: 40

Kenny Dalglish: 34

Sam Allardyce: 33

Graeme Souness: 29

Ruud Gullit: 27

So in his best job he's worse than Roeder.

:lol:

So thats his recommendation "at least nearly as good as Roeder"

Guest thenorthumbrian

I just pray to god if he turns us down we have a backup now.

It seems an inevitability we'll make an approach

Agreed I hope the new owner and chairmans inexperience isn't showing through.

Look, at the end of the day, people saying that it won't be an improvement on Allardyce are talking s***, purely because of the style of football that he'll get us playing.

I agree, it's not the most ambitious move, but it always says something when fans from the previous clubs he's managed say we'll be getting a good manager who plays good football.

All I care about it results mate. I don't think he is any more likely to get them than Sam, who would have improved results if given time.

1983-84 Bournemouth (div 3) 17th

1984-85 Bournemouth (div 3) 10th

1985-86 Bournemouth (div 3) 15th

1986-87 Bournemouth (div 3) 1st (promoted)

1987-88 Bournemouth (div 2) 17th

1988-89 Bournemouth (div 2) 12th

1989-90 Bournemouth (div 2) 22nd (relegated)

1990-91 Bournemouth (div 3) 9th

1991-92 Bournemouth (div 3) 8th

1994-95 West Ham (Premier) 14th

1995-96 West Ham (Premier) 10th

1996-97 West Ham (Premier) 14th

1997-98 West Ham (Premier) 8th

1998-99 West Ham (Premier) 5th

1999-00 West Ham (Premier) 9th

2000-01 West Ham (Premier) 15th

2001-02 Portsmouth (Championship) 17th {Director of football then manager}

2002-03 Portsmouth (Championship) 1st (promoted)

2003-04 Portsmouth (Premier) 13th {resigned halfway through season}

2003-04 Southampton (Premier) 12th {took over halfway through season}

2004-05 Southampton (Premier) 20th (relegated)

2005-06 Southampton (Championship) 12th {resigned halfway through season}

2005-06 Portsmouth (Premier) 17th {took over halfway through season}

2006-07 Portsmouth (Premier) 9th

2007-08 Portsmouth (Premier) 8th {so far}

West Ham - 35%

Portsmouth - 31%

Southampton - 18%

Portsmouth - 38%

Thanks for providing the hard evidence of why I always thought Arry will not be the man for us.

Look, at the end of the day, people saying that it won't be an improvement on Allardyce are talking s***, purely because of the style of football that he'll get us playing.

I agree, it's not the most ambitious move, but it always says something when fans from the previous clubs he's managed say we'll be getting a good manager who plays good football.

All I care about it results mate. I don't think he is any more likely to get them than Sam, who would have improved results if given time.

Yes, of course Fat Sam woudl have improved us. He was so good at learning from his mistakes, ad his transfers were ace.

hahahahahaahahahahahahaha!!!

Look, at the end of the day, people saying that it won't be an improvement on Allardyce are talking shit, purely because of the style of football that he'll get us playing.

his record is not great, not at all.

Redknapp - not good enough. End of.

Guest johnson293

Not strictly a comparison, but I seem to remember Portsmouth fans being upset/disappointed when we signed Amdy Faye from them as well!!!

Yes, of course Fat Sam woudl have improved us. He was so good at learning from his mistakes, ad his transfers were ace.

hahahahahaahahahahahahaha!!!

Im not saying Sam was brilliant, but he would have improved us in the end. He is a better manager than Redknapp, doing more with less money. Harry spent shit loads at Pompey so its hardly a surprise they are in the top half.

As for mistakes, how can't Harry learn from his mistakes when trying to get Pompey to score a home goal? He spent about £30million there and they can't score at home getting beat off shite like Boro.

1983-84 Bournemouth (div 3) 17th

1984-85 Bournemouth (div 3) 10th

1985-86 Bournemouth (div 3) 15th

1986-87 Bournemouth (div 3) 1st (promoted)

1987-88 Bournemouth (div 2) 17th

1988-89 Bournemouth (div 2) 12th

1989-90 Bournemouth (div 2) 22nd (relegated)

1990-91 Bournemouth (div 3) 9th

1991-92 Bournemouth (div 3) 8th

1994-95 West Ham (Premier) 14th

1995-96 West Ham (Premier) 10th

1996-97 West Ham (Premier) 14th

1997-98 West Ham (Premier) 8th

1998-99 West Ham (Premier) 5th

1999-00 West Ham (Premier) 9th

2000-01 West Ham (Premier) 15th

2001-02 Portsmouth (Championship) 17th {Director of football then manager}

2002-03 Portsmouth (Championship) 1st (promoted)

2003-04 Portsmouth (Premier) 13th {resigned halfway through season}

2003-04 Southampton (Premier) 12th {took over halfway through season}

2004-05 Southampton (Premier) 20th (relegated)

2005-06 Southampton (Championship) 12th {resigned halfway through season}

2005-06 Portsmouth (Premier) 17th {took over halfway through season}

2006-07 Portsmouth (Premier) 9th

2007-08 Portsmouth (Premier) 8th {so far}

West Ham - 35%

Portsmouth - 31%

Southampton - 18%

Portsmouth - 38%

4 teams who we are "bigger" than though, so it should be easier for him here, especially with £200m to spend ;)

Guest Hoop Blah

Fair enough.  Just don't take the ravings of the few as the thoughts of the many, that's the same mental shortcut the papers take.  The negativity is totally a chicken and egg situation.  Look how much positivity there was around the Bobby Robson appointment - why do we never get any credit for 'putting up with' his first season, where he finished below where we are now?  It's because we could see progress.  I'd have Kevin Gallacher all over again instead of Alan Smith.

I often think a lot of people comment on Newcastle's situation when their only window to it is during times like now when the media vultures are whipping people into overly negative or overly positive shitstorms.  Tell me, would you have been happy with Souness?  You're taking your stability for granted, as we took ours under Robson; now it's been a manager every other day, or so it seems, leading to the fans getting pissed off.  Admittedly there's a feedback mechanism of some kind here but ultimately the fans aren't that much to blame as the media-heads would have you believe.

Maybe fans lack patience due to what they have to put up with.  s***, I've heard Arsenal fans getting worked up just as much because they 'still have Gilberto.' - only this isn't made into a news-story.

Not many Reading fans take our stability for granted.  We have a chairman man that has pumped in a decent amount of money over the years to keep us afloat and get us to where we are today.  You'll still here moans and gripes that we don't spend big etc etc but on the whole we're very realistic and grateful for having him in control of our destiny.  

I can understand frustrations at club like Newcastle when things don't go so smoothly, but from the outside it seems a decent proportion of your fans have been against nearly all your managers since Sir Bobby.  Thats not healthy and I think it can only contribute to your short comings, even if the likes of Souness and Roeder were potentially poor appointments.  Given the lack of backing and support they were never going to succeed.

I keep a semi-close eye on goings on st SJP because I've a soft spot for the club and quite a few Geordie exiles as mates down in these parts, so I've got a bit more of a feel for the atmosphere than you might give me credit for, but I'd never go as far as saying I have a great insight.  Reading forums such as this or our own only gives you a glimpse of whats going on because of the nature of the extreme opinions forums generate but I still think the atmosphere and expectations for immediate change which seem to be quite prevailent amongst Geordies is hindering your rebuilding.

An of course, I agree you get that at almost any club, but some clubs it seems more vocal than others.