Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

Birmingham and Reading fans probably think the same.

Reading are a strange one, they've lost as many at home as they've won 6 and 1 draw so they could expect to beat Blackburn, Birmingham have only won 3 at home.

Birmingham and Reading fans probably think the same.

Reading are a strange one, they've lost as many at home as they've won 6 and 1 draw so they could expect to beat Blackburn, Birmingham have only won 3 at home.

reading have the worst run in of all the bottom teams (when i say bottom i mean it)

Given that we tried to sign Woodgate, who went for £8m, it would seem he just couldn't find anyone to spend on. Maybe the Wise appointment will be helpful for the next transfer window.

lets hope we stay up first

Maybe Kev just looked at what players we had, and what the teams below us had about them, and decided we had good enough players to stay up quite easily. So he decided to do a clear out in summer, and buy players then when they aren't at an extra premium.

Not very exciting, and very frustrating for us as we chug along to 14th or 15th, but sensible.

Honestly the relegation hysteria compared to the results we have had is ridiculous.  If he had good players available in jan but decided to wait for really good players in summer all power to him.

If he had of signed a couple, climbed up to tenth and then stayed tenth next year he'd probably get the sack.

If he comes 15th this year and comes 6th or 7th next year it'll be far better for all concerned.

Dear God...that's just far too boring and sensible. What the hell are you thinking man?

Let's work ourselves into a lather about hypothetical stuff we can't substantiate instead. Like Keegan possibly being denied funds. Or Ashley selling up to Tesco's perhaps. With Wise being appointed surely Keegan's days are numbered!!  :kasper: :cheesy:

I hope we don't hear you moaning on about the clubs plight if we lose a few more games and are staring straight at the bottom places in time to come ........

As you are clearly happy with the decision to go with what we have.

I am happy to leave these decisions to our Board and Manager yes.

It obviously escapes you that we are talking about their judgement here [and maybe lack of football savvy in the case of the owners]

As I said, I don't expect to see you complaining if we continue to slide down towards a relegation scrap, as you are happy with the decision.

We are already in a relegation scrap of sorts, my only concern is that we get through this season as it was written off long ago. I am happy to back the judgement of Ashley, Mort and Keegan - if it goes tits up I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong. If we end up spending big next summer and we start heading in the right direction then I hope you'll do the same. I'm backing my gut instinct - what's yours?

What I find hilarious is that I know with absolute certainty that if this season we had still been under the old board, and the same decisions had been made, the very people who are now defending Ashley & Mort would be absolutely vilifying Shepherd for it.

What I find hilarious is that I know with absolute certainty that if this season we had still been under the old board, and the same decisions had been made, the very people who are now defending Ashley & Mort would be absolutely vilifying Shepherd for it.

It's not so strange, Shepherd had used up any goodwill a long time ago. If Ashley and Mort make blunder after blunder with their decision-making they'll soon find support dwindling just like the old board. In the meantime you can either buy in and see if they deliver, or you can decide they don't know what they are doing and hark back to the Shepherd glory years.

That's spot on like.

Its kind of strange, i look at what Mort and Ashley have done and only a couple of things that they have done wrong in my book is the timing of the sacking, which arguably they had no other choice, the other thing they have done wrong, in my opinion anyway, is the appointment of Keegan, dont get me wrong i love having him back, buti dont thing its the best appointment ashley could of made.

Id like to say i woldnt of given Shepard any stick if he;d of done the same, but who's to say....

What decisions has Mort made that people would be kicking up over under Shepherd?

For me personally, i'm not sure if i'd of been happy if Keegan was appointed under Shepard. Im a lot more happy that he was appointed under Ashley with his millions but id be more happy to have any apppointment under ashley because of his millions. However i think the appointment was a little short sighted and i think there were better appointments out there, again though, arguably, this was the only appointment bar mourihno who could of appeased the fans and bought some time for the club. Which may of been a factor in the clubs decision so...

What decisions has Mort made that people would be kicking up over under Shepherd?

Sacking Allardyce after half a season, sacking a manager in the middle of a transfer window, not buying any players in January, appointing Dennis Wise as Director of Football, appointing a DoF that wasn't the manager's choice, going for Redknapp. Just off the top of my head. Fairly or unfairly I'm pretty confident Shepherd would have gotten criticism for all that (by that I acknowledge at least one of those wasn't neccessarily the chairman and/or owner's decision).

For me personally, i'm not sure if i'd of been happy if Keegan was appointed under Shepard. Im a lot more happy that he was appointed under Ashley with his millions but id be more happy to have any apppointment under ashley because of his millions. However i think the appointment was a little short sighted and i think there were better appointments out there, again though, arguably, this was the only appointment bar mourihno who could of appeased the fans and bought some time for the club. Which may of been a factor in the clubs decision so...

Tbf, I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have come back under Shepherd.

Ashley and Mort have been criticised for all of those things Alex. ???

The point being the roles have been reversed somewhat. In the main, it would appear to me that the people who were always criticising the old board seem to be the ones defending them now. And vice-versa. Of course, some of us are a bit more level-headed ;)

Sacking Allardyce after half a season, sacking a manager in the middle of a transfer window, not buying any players in January, appointing Dennis Wise as Director of Football, appointing a DoF that wasn't the manager's choice, going for Redknapp. Just off the top of my head. Fairly or unfairly I'm pretty confident Shepherd would have gotten criticism for all that (by that I acknowledge at least one of those wasn't neccessarily the chairman and/or owner's decision).

Sacking Allardyce after half a season: what alternative was there in reality? Ashley decided to give him a go as opposed to sacking immediately, but if he wasn't convinced once it became clear it wasn't working, it made sense to get his own man in and make preparations for next season rather thasn hang around

January window: not always possible to get the players you want in such a short time.

Dennis Wise: criticism or no criticism, no one really knows how this will pan out. It might be a masterstroke or a mistake - only time will tell.

Redknapp: yes that was a cock up.

To clarify, I'm not particular having a go at the new board. It followed on more from what UV said. Likewise, it's just as hilarious that those who would have nothing said about the old board are quick to get stuck into the new one. Not on about everyone but I'm sure you've noticed a bit of this.

Ashley and Mort have been criticised for all of those things Alex. ???

The point being the roles have been reversed somewhat. In the main, it would appear to me that the people who were always criticising the old board seem to be the ones defending them now. And vice-versa. Of course, some of us are a bit more level-headed ;)

The only difference is the time in charge I suppose. People had years and years experience of Shepherd; it's no surprise many had had enough. This lot's had less than a year, I for one am prepared to give them a little longer than that to show their hand before fully ripping into them with both barrels. Mixing up my metaphors there like, but you get my point. ;)

Many of the things you listed I've not been happy about, but those people who like to think they're pointing out hypocrisy seem to ignore that.

To clarify, I'm not particular having a go at the new board. It followed on more from what UV said. Likewise, it's just as hilarious that those who would have nothing said about the old board are quick to get stuck into the new one. Not on about everyone but I'm sure you've noticed a bit of this.

the word 'agenda' comes to mind there like ;)

I think that's right btw Dave. Time will tell. I'm loathed to have a go at them myself because, while I will acknowledge that there were some great achievements under the old regime (especially compared to what preceded them) I think the club was in a right state. I'm also delighted Allardyce is gone and have a bit of faith (and no little optimism) in what Keegan can achieve. The only way it will be a disaster is of we go down, which is unlikely (although possible) imo.

the word 'agenda' comes to mind there like ;)

:D

Why shouldn't they be given time to get things right?  I didn't like what Shepherd was doing as chairman after a few months but didn't turn against him until the day he appointed Souness and he'd done plenty wrong before that, it wasn't one thing with him it was a series of blunders which carried on almost to the day he left.

If I turn against Ashley & Mort to a timetable then they'll have 7 years, the same as Shepherd was given.