Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

Don't see how this could be called Morshley's first test, they've got loads of stuff spot on.

Backed the manager with funds

Ensured financial stability

Conversed with fans

Competents on the bar at half time

Electronic clocks

etc.

People were praising them to the hilt until this week.

They HAVE failed this test though.

This is a real test hence the thread title...all the other stuff is workaday...

Fair enough.

I'm not going to start having a pop at them though.  Shepherd couldn't get the workaday stuff right in his wildest dreams.

Don't see how this could be called Morshley's first test, they've got loads of stuff spot on.

Conversed with fans

Electronic clocks

etc.

I don't see how they've failed this "test" yet as we haven't appointed anybody yet.

Conversed with fans

Electronic clocks

etc.

I don't see how they've failed this "test" yet as we haven't appointed anybody yet.

With all due respect Mick get real man.

This is a fiasco.

Conversed with fans

Electronic clocks

etc.

They've sacked him without having heard positive noises from the man they wanted.

Never get rid of a bloke without a replacement lined up, or a significant length of time free to find one.  Middle of the transfer window is madness.

Conversed with fans

Electronic clocks

etc.

Yes, but that eventual someone will be, by the chairman's admission, inferior to Redknapp.

So rather than failing the test by hitting the kerb, he's now mounted the pavement and killed a pedestrian.

Conversed with fans

Electronic clocks

etc.

They've sacked him without having heard positive noises from the man they wanted.

Never get rid of a bloke without a replacement lined up, or a significant length of time free to find one.  Middle of the transfer window is madness.

Yup.

Conversed with fans

Electronic clocks

etc.

Could the fans of put up with the inept performances we've witnessed so far for the rest of the season? From what i gather Ashley requested he changed his style of football, make it more attacking and Allardyce (correctly) refused claiming Stoke was a success etc.

My point is that Ashley didnt want to back someone who was gearing towards playing turgid football. Maybe his potential targets reflected this fact.

I think that this is probably the best time to sack Allardyce so that a replacement can be found and have a decent amount of time to invest in his own players.

My only concern with what has happened so far is the fact that they seem to be targetting poor candidates.

Conversed with fans

Electronic clocks

etc.

Yes, but that eventual someone will be, by the chairman's admission, inferior to Redknapp.

So rather than failing the test by hitting the kerb, he's now mounted the pavement and killed a pedestrian.

When did he say that?

The timing is poor, I agree.

Second choice doesn't make somebody worse, it just makes them second choice for a reason we don't know.

I dont think the timing is poor, if Ashley knew Allardyce was the wrong man for the job, why would he risk the wrath of the fans by not backing him in the window and why would he want to spend money on someone who will only gear the club towards a type of football which isnt working and isnt "attractive".

Second choice doesn't make somebody worse, it just makes them second choice for a reason we don't know.

Yes, that's true. But that would be by accident rather than design.

If they get someone better, it would be because they were lucky, but still clueless.

In fairness to HF and Parky, the only get-out clause for Mort/Ashley pulling the trigger on Allardyce was if we replaced him with our first-choice immediately afterwards. Then they'd be covered by the fact that their "plan" had worked brilliantly and they'd executed it exactly the way they had intended to (even if the truth is that Redknapp wasn't sounded out properly prior, which is apparently illegal anyway). The fact is that this hasn't happened and so they've left themselves with a bigger hole to dig themselves out of.

I'm disappointed in things so far, it must be said. Even if the next manager proves to be a success, they'll always have the "but Redknapp was our first choice anyway, so they got lucky" stick to beat them with. The real work starts now for them, as Parky has intimated already.

If they get someone better, it would be because they were lucky, but still clueless.

That's that stick I was talking about.

I dont think the timing is poor, if Ashley knew Allardyce was the wrong man for the job, why would he risk the wrath of the fans by not backing him in the window and why would he want to spend money on someone who will only gear the club towards a type of football which isnt working and isnt "attractive".

The timing is poor, the new person will not have much time to put things right with the team and we might end up going for players in panic mode.

I'll agree if we end up with a Souness or Roeder but will wait to see who we get.  If they get somebody better it will not be down to luck unless they put a load of names into a hat and go for whoever comes out first.

The timing is poor, the new person will not have much time to put things right with the team and we might end up going for players in panic mode.

Sounds like a fiasco to me Mickey boy.

Under the circumstances what other options did they have?

Surely they cant of backed a dead man walking.

Surely they couldnt let the oppurtunity for a new guy o have his window come, it seems plainly obvious to me that Ashley wants to pour the money on us but not under Allardyce's guidance.

EDIT: Also if Dirty 'Arry accepting this fat wedge wasnt a cert then i dont know what is,  what more could Ashley do? Maybe Mort didnt put it in a brown papaer bag?

Conversed with fans

Electronic clocks

etc.

you've been quiet the last few days. If this had been the fat bastard, you'd have been slating him right left and centre

In fairness to HF and Parky, the only get-out clause for Mort/Ashley pulling the trigger on Allardyce was if we replaced him with our first-choice immediately afterwards. Then they'd be covered by the fact that their "plan" had worked brilliantly and they'd executed it exactly the way they had intended to (even if the truth is that Redknapp wasn't sounded out properly prior, which is apparently illegal anyway). The fact is that this hasn't happened and so they've left themselves with a bigger hole to dig themselves out of.

I'm disappointed in things so far, it must be said. Even if the next manager proves to be a success, they'll always have the "but Redknapp was our first choice anyway, so they got lucky" stick to beat them with. The real work starts now for them, as Parky has intimated already.

If the next manager is a success I'll not give Redknapp a second thought.

I think they sacked Allardyce because they supported a manager that they hadn't chosen themselves but wanted to give him the opportunity to show what he could do.  The football was shite and the results were just as bad so they made a decision to get rid of him, a decision which has probably been made at the wrong time due to the transfer window firstly and managers being mid-season secondly.

Did you expect a lawyer chairman to tap somebody up?  I didn't.

Conversed with fans

Electronic clocks

etc.

you've been quiet the last few days. If this had been the fat bastard, you'd have been slating him right left and centre

No need for that.

Conversed with fans

Electronic clocks

etc.

you've been quiet the last few days. If this had been the fat b******, you'd have been slating him right left and centre

To be fair NE5 it depends on who is appointed, if it is someone ala SBR then we'll have done well, if it turns out to be a Souness type appointment then the shit will really fly from everyone!