We are not Ashleys priority

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

If Ashley really wanted Redknapp he should have made sure he met him in person. Being in Hong Kong when you are trying to appoint someone to lead your 250 million pound empire is downright arrogant

He needs to get his butt back over here and show the new manager he is really wanted

Disgusted

If Ashley really wanted Redknapp he should have made sure he met him in person. Being in Hong Kong when you are trying to appoint someone to lead your 250 million pound empire is downright arrogant

He needs to get his butt back over here and show the new manager he is really wanted

Disgusted

We are living off his other business interests. Mike Ashley not doing his maximum elsewhere is bad for us.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Redknapps reasosn for staying is because Gaydamak? had a 2 hour meeting with him yesterday saying how much he was valued

Storrie runs the club, didnt stop Portsmouths owner getting involved

I know Mort runs the club but any top manager worth his salt would want to meet the owner face to face as well

If Hong Kong is important fine, wait until you are back before making big decisions

Guest elbee909

You'd have some bloody say though, if it was your money in the club, whether you'd left someone in charge of the day to day stuff or whatever.  Is the implication that Mort's thought "ah yes, I'll go and appoint Redknapp" and Ashley doesn't have an inkling?  How likely does that sound?

Redknapps reasosn for staying is because Gaydamak? had a 2 hour meeting with him yesterday saying how much he was valued

Storrie runs the club, didnt stop Portsmouths owner getting involved

Because Gaydamak wanted to do everything to keep their manager, whereas Redknapp was just one choice for us, if he didn't want it, we go to option number 2.

Option number 2 isnt an option, its 2nd best

Not always, as history has shown.

And Chelsea have shown that it can sometimes.

Sorry, don't understand what you are saying. Can you rephrase that?

Guest sicko2ndbest

I understand what you are all saying and i am aware that Mort runs the club, but this is the manager of Newcastle United and could make the difference between Ashley making a profit and making a loss

I just think he should have been around WITH mort to meet his number one target to establish some credibility

I think Hughes and Shearer are now the only 2 viable alternatives and both of them now know they are 2nd choice

Option number 2 isnt an option, its 2nd best

Not always, as history has shown.

And Chelsea have shown that it can sometimes.

Sorry, don't understand what you are saying. Can you rephrase that?

He means that Jose wasn't Chelsea's first choice, I think.

Disgusted

Well if that keeps him from bringing in a total nothing manager I hope the fucker stays exactly were he is now.

I'm more worried that Ashley actually considered a shyster such as Redknapp as being the way to take HIS Club forward.

Any anger should be directed against Mort. Ashley may have given a shopping list; Mort didn't get the goods.

Ashley clearly had a more pressing need to be in HK & it is his other interests that give him the cash to indulge in NUFC.

Would you be wasting all your time on a club which only takes your money away instead of trying to gain some more from your other projects? It's pretty harsh to say that the man don't care about the club after he has invested over £250 million on it ???

Mort is in charge and I'm happy with his work so far! And I'm even more glad that we didn't get Arry...I should go for another manager with attacking mentality and promising future.  don't care if he's experienced or not as long as he'll bring the entertainment back O0

Guest alankhaw

Mike created his other companys and will therefore be closer to his heart. We on the other hand have been bought over so i'm not surprised it isn't his priority. Treat it as a hobby

Mike Ashley in Hongkong probably doing one of his business. The business that make profit for him, one of them to paid the large debt of Newcastle ;)

So I don't mind :)

Guest Toon Barmy

you are as a bad as the press, they keep clammering on about Ashley is in charge, when we all know Mort is the chairman.