Louis van Gaal

Unbelievable

Why not sound out Louis van Gaal? He's top class, more arrogant than Mourinho, would relish the chance to manage a team in the Premiership and is currently not doing to well at his present club. I'm certain we can offer him much more than AZ can, and I think he would seriously consider us unlike most of the other top class candidates mentioned. Any thoughts?

Guest alankhaw

Employed managers rarely leave their clubs midway in the season because it'll affect the stability of the prevous club and the new one. Football managers do have a heart. In the summer i'd have him.

Guest LondonMag

Him or Houllier.but it seems really(like Bluestar said in the other thread) that Mort and Ash don't know about them...................the just know about british managers

someone need to phone them and tell them that there  are better managers abroad!

maybe anal will call them

Guest assyriantoon

I doubt he would come. I think he's holding out for an international job, otherwise he wont break his contract with AZ. I hope I'm wrong though, cracking manager!

He can't buy players. Look at Ari and Pelle.

He has the squad to finish 4th at least and is ranked 9th now.

You're kidding, aren't you? This is the first time since the year zilt his team is underperforming. His first two strikers have left the club (one by his consent, Koevermans, which was a strange decision tbf) and he has had to replace them. He wanted Alves from Heerenveen, but his chairman wasn't willing to splash the cash. AZ have been playing good football, but have had problems scoring goals this season. In his time at AZ he has got some good and some bad buys, just like any manager. The fact remains, wherever he has gone he has brought good football and good results. I dislike him as a person (very much so even, being a Feyenoord supporter in Holland), but there's no getting around his credentials. He may well be the best we can get, and he would certainly have a much bigger chance of consistently breaking into the top 4 than the likes of Redknapp or McLaren.

AZ were the team who scored more goals then any other team in the UEFA cup last season.

Van Gaal is million times better then Arry

They can't defend much either.. PASS

Hughes > Van Gaal

But NUFC-online wants a foreigner...

Hughes is foreign, the Welsh twat.

AZ were the team who scored more goals then any other team in the UEFA cup last season.

Hughes > Van Gaal

What has Hughes ever done to suggest he is even in the same class as Van Gaal?

Hughes > Van Gaal

Hughes is foreign, the Welsh t***.

He's British

Hughes > Van Gaal

I watch his team week in week out and i'm impressed with them and their style of play... good wingers, delivering quality balls for predatory strikers... good football on a budget

How many of us watch AZ regularly? Whenever I watch them they look very shaky at the back...

Hughes > Van Gaal

He's British

Hughes > Van Gaal

I watch his team week in week out and i'm impressed with them and their style of play... good wingers, delivering quality balls for predatory strikers... good football on a budget

How many of us watch AZ regularly? Whenever I watch them they look very shaky at the back...

I can't believe you're advocating Hughes over Van Gaal :lol:

Berk

Hughes > Van Gaal

He's British

Hughes > Van Gaal

So you say Hughes is a better manager because you don´t see as much of Van Gaal´s team..? By that logic it could be argued that Sammy Lee is a better manager than Marcello Lipi, who I´m sure you haven´t seen too much of either?

Look what Van Gaal has achieved that Hughes has not ffs. Van Gaal has never been a great footballer, so he wasn´t assured to get any top jobs like Hughes will be with Man U, but to go from being a gymnastics teacher to winning the Champions League with a group of teenagers, then the Spanish Liga twice with Barcelona you have to have something in your locker, don´t you agree?

I like Hughes, think he´s a better option than Redknapp, but there´s no way I´d call him world class at this point in time.