Louis van Gaal

Unbelievable

AZ were the team who scored more goals then any other team in the UEFA cup last season.

Van Gaal is million times better then Arry

They can't defend much either.. PASS

Hughes > Van Gaal

But NUFC-online wants a foreigner...

Hughes is foreign, the Welsh t***.

He's British

AZ were the team who scored more goals then any other team in the UEFA cup last season.

Hughes > Van Gaal

What has Hughes ever done to suggest he is even in the same class as Van Gaal?

I watch his team week in week out and i'm impressed with them and their style of play... good wingers, delivering quality balls for predatory strikers... good football on a budget

How many of us watch AZ regularly? Whenever I watch them they look very shaky at the back...

I can't believe you're advocating Hughes over Van Gaal :lol:

Berk

Wonderful use of the word "Berk".

mackems.gif

Hope to see Twerp and Nincompoop soon.

Van Gaal or Houllier, those 2 seem the best options that this club could look to appoint. I definitely think they're realisitic options and would be pleased if we aquired either of them.

Realistic-Yes

Even be considered-NO

Guest sombrero

you guys speak the truth, chris and mort may not know enoug about football to get foreign managers, excluding ruud guillet when was the last time we have a foreign manager who can step back and take a look at us and go WTF!?javascript:void(0);

huh oh lets see that goes there that goes there and BOom!!.

Van Gaal would fail at Newcastle in the same way that all the other "proven" managers have failed. So it would be pointless giving him the job, even if he would come, which he wouldn't, because he has more self-respect than that. As does Mourinho, or anyone else "proven" for that matter.

Add Ranieri and Deschamps as well.

Yep, Ranieri would definitely leave Juventus for Newcastle. Maybe he can flatshare with Mancini...

Never rated Ranieri to be honest, has he ever won anything?

No but he's foreign was this forum loves him.

we have to go foreign man

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Yep, Ranieri would definitely leave Juventus for Newcastle. Maybe he can flatshare with Mancini...

Don't be a player hater

Hughes > Van Gaal

Hughes is foreign, the Welsh t***.

He's British

Hughes > Van Gaal

What has Hughes ever done to suggest he is even in the same class as Van Gaal?

I watch his team week in week out and i'm impressed with them and their style of play... good wingers, delivering quality balls for predatory strikers... good football on a budget

How many of us watch AZ regularly? Whenever I watch them they look very shaky at the back...

So you say Hughes is a better manager because you don´t see as much of Van Gaal´s team..? By that logic it could be argued that Sammy Lee is a better manager than Marcello Lipi, who I´m sure you haven´t seen too much of either?

Look what Van Gaal has achieved that Hughes has not ffs. Van Gaal has never been a great footballer, so he wasn´t assured to get any top jobs like Hughes will be with Man U, but to go from being a gymnastics teacher to winning the Champions League with a group of teenagers, then the Spanish Liga twice with Barcelona you have to have something in your locker, don´t you agree?

I like Hughes, think he´s a better option than Redknapp, but there´s no way I´d call him world class at this point in time.

Sammy Lee's team where shit and I've watched a fair bit of Lippi's Juve/inter and Italy teams.

From what i've seen from AZ I have not been greatly impressed.. whenever I watch them their defence looks very fragile.. has he done any better at AZ than the former AZ boss Co Adriaanse?

We love a foreigner on here.

So Van Gaal didnt impress last season when his mediocre AZ side knocked us out of the UEFA cup, and he completely outhought and outclassed Roeder with his side going for the jugular?

Hughes might turn out to be a good manager if he moves up the club ladder, noone knows yet (so far hes just about done as well as Souness did at Blackburn), but Van Gaal's calibre cant be overlooked just because his current team arent doing so well (AZ arent exactly a Dutch powerhouse either). Was Svenn's England team, the tactics and the way they played, a good reflection of his ability as a Preimership club manager? How many of his detractors when he was England boss (i'll hold my hand up to being one of them) will have now compeltely changed their mind about him being a boring, defensive, uninspiring manager incapable of getting a "talented" group of players playing well?

I dont think its an impulsive need to want a foreigner, but i realisation that all the best candidates with proven credentials happen to be foriegn.

Hughes  and any other british manager outiside the top 4 will always have to the burden of managing a club in a league where noone outisde the top 4 has a realistic chance of ever winning anything. Even the League Cup is now a valued piece of silverware, that is how desperate the big clubs are getting for success.

How do you prove your credential without ever having the oppurtunity to have win anything.

Guest bluegeordie

I mentioned van Gaal as a possibility in a post yesterday, and I'd be absolutely delighted if we could get him. As others have said, he's attack-minded, with an ego bigger than Texas - two attributes that could be real assets here.

Given that Hitzfeld is set to leave Bayern in the summer, I'd like to think that he's not a complete impossibility either.

I guess now that good ol' Arry has turned us down (God bless him), we're forced to scrape the bottom of the barrel by thinking about such continental alternatives. It will be ironic if a perceived lack of choice is the only thing that leads us to sign a decent manager ... a bit like the positive effect that injuries sometimes had on Roeder's and Big Sam's otherwise bizarre team selections.   

No chance:

As I said, my ambition at the moment is to take part in a major international tournament with a country and to win it. I've won almost everything there is to win at club level. What I feel is missing is the experience of a EURO or a World Cup at the head of a national team. AZ definitely want to keep me on and I've always finished my contracts out of a sense of loyalty. The president is looking to build for the long term with me and he wants to keep me on until I'm 65, but I don't want to be coaching a national team at that age and definitely not when I'm even older.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=667683.html

How olds that article, I thought he was interested in coming to the premier league not so long ago?

I would be more than happy with Van Gaal. We need someone that will actually inspire the fans and players, someone that commands respect and actually has the ability to take on the top managers in the league and europe.

How olds that article, I thought he was interested in coming to the premier league not so long ago?

I would be more than happy with Van Gaal. We need someone that will actually inspire the fans and players, someone that commands respect and actually has the ability to take on the top managers in the league and europe.

Monday 7 January 2008