Keep Pearson and Round in charge..

Parky

Guest sicko2ndbest

Our stock might be that low by then we end up scraping the barrell for Coppell, Jewell, Bruce etc

Needs to be done asap

Round and Pearson could lead us to Championship football

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Our players will flee in droves in the summer if this happens.

Cause they would know who we are hiring in the summer or what?

Because the club is a mockery

Our players will flee in droves in the summer if this happens.

Cause they would know who we are hiring in the summer or what?

Because the club is a mockery

....it was nearly a 'mockney'. Bassline give me a bassline...

Season ticket sales would also be greatly affected, which for them will be the main thing.

They have to act now, or they should have just kept Allardyce.

Season ticket sales are an issue. But not if we show competance and put a quality manager in place in the summer.

Season ticket sales would also be greatly affected, which for them will be the main thing.

Season ticket sales are an issue. But not if we show competance and put a quality manager in place in the summer.

Surely if we wait until the summer then we'd have to see what changes there were after Euro 2008, a tournament which I assume won't finish until the very end of June, which will already see over 6 weeks of the summer pass.

I'd just worry about how much further we could fall behind between now and then without a "proper" manager in place.

A lot of the support isn't far-sighted enough to take the approach you're suggesting, and if the Pearson/Round caretaker thing was put into effect I could see the fanbase being as disillusioned as at any time under Shepherd. It would be catastrophic unless it was done with the like of Mourinho publically agreeing/privately signing a contract to come and manage us next season.

Even then, the rest of this season would be practically worthless.

Surely if we wait until the summer then we'd have to see what changes there were after Euro 2008, a tournament which I assume won't finish until the very end of June, which will already see over 6 weeks of the summer pass.

I'd just worry about how much further we could fall behind between now and then without a "proper" manager in place.

A lot of the support isn't far-sighted enough to take the approach you're suggesting, and if the Pearson/Round caretaker thing was put into effect I could see the fanbase being as disillusioned as at any time under Shepherd. It would be catastrophic unless it was done with the like of Mourinho publically agreeing/privately signing a contract to come and manage us next season.

Even then, the rest of this season would be practically worthless.

Good post.

I was thinking of using the time from now untill the summer to properly and clearly weigh up all options and take advice privately. To put in place a strategy all understand top to bottom and perhaps this reality check will be of some benefit after all.

What I wouldn't want to see is us scurrying around calling all and sundry...''Fancy a job'' style...That would really be detrimental to morale and out long term corporate footprint.

Exactly, and it's fair enough that you're looking at the bigger picture and suggesting alternatives.

Like I've just posted elsewhere, I'm actually disappointed that Redknapp said "no" because he's obviously been the first to have been made a firm offer and therefore was Mike Ashley's first choice.

All I'm hoping for is that we have a Plan B and a Plan C, or a shortlist of decent candidates at least, much like England did. Not too many people were upset with Capello after The FA couldn't get Jose.

Exactly, and it's fair enough that you're looking at the bigger picture and suggesting alternatives.

Like I've just posted elsewhere, I'm actually disappointed that Redknapp said "no" because he's obviously been the first to have been made a firm offer and therefore was Mike Ashley's first choice.

All I'm hoping for is that we have a Plan B and a Plan C, or a shortlist of decent candidates at least, much like England did. Not too many people were upset with Capello after The FA couldn't get Jose.

Fair points all of them.

I just wonder if the zero sum game might be wait four months and get a high quality candidate by using time and thought and all appropriate channels or get a reasonable man now. I'd be happy to wait. Realise most won't go for this.

Fair points all of them.

I just wonder if the zero sum game might be wait four months and get a high quality candidate by using time and thought and all appropriate channels or get a reasonable man now. I'd be happy to wait. Realise most won't go for this.

Waiting would be a big risk, obviously, which is what worries me most about it. I realise threads are overlapping here all the time, but I can only repeat the same sort of sentiment to what I've been posting elsewhere. I believe that we will act now and that it will probably be for the best, taking everything into account, but then I believed that Redknapp was a formality... :idiot2:

Let them spend the £100M?

:kasper:

What £100M?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48562.0

The 100m would be for the new manger clearly.

It's clear they haven't thought this through....Just an idea it might be better to do it properly like a proper club in the summer. I'm asking for water to be turned to wine.

Just a thought.

So is that some sort of cryptic Parky speak to indicate that you're expecting the Second Coming? Return of the Messiah - Keegan? Shearer? Or perhaps the Big J C himself? About the only one big enough to lead us to victory...

I wouldn't have a problem waiting until then if there is no-one decent available at the moment. I think it would make the board look even worse from the situation than they do now and therefore won't go down that road.

Fair points all of them.

Waiting would be a big risk, obviously, which is what worries me most about it. I realise threads are overlapping here all the time, but I can only repeat the same sort of sentiment to what I've been posting elsewhere. I believe that we will act now and that it will probably be for the best, taking everything into account, but then I believed that Redknapp was a formality... :idiot2:

Waiting might be a big risk with Pearson and Round in charge, but what if, and it is only WHAT IF, SBR could do it for 4 months, or even Keegan agreed untill May. That would work wouldn't it?