Are the players good enough?

Keefaz

Guest Knightrider

Are? :lol:

If tonight's embarrassing result and performance hasn't woke people up to the FACT that the vast majority of them are shite and that we are shite as a result, nothing will. I've been saying it for ages but apparently it's the manager who is shite and a new man will make things great. Aye right.

Even Mourinho himself would struggle with this lot.

If tonight's embarrassing result and performance hasn't woke people up to the FACT that the vast majority of them are shite and that we are shite as a result, nothing will. I've been saying it for ages but apparently it's the manager who is shite and a new man will make things great. Aye right.

Your great man himself signed most of them Chris for God's sake.

Plenty of the players are good enough.

Cohesion + confidence + a manager + one or two key signings will see us right.

Nothing's changed since 5:15pm. Today was a shambles where every single thing went wrong, as i (and Melanchronic) have said, it's all about the current situation. If that poll about which players are good enough for the top 6 were to come around again, i'd vote the same again. Tthere's 8 or 9 top 6 players but too many squad-fillers.

Only a handful seem good enough at this point. A few more might be good enough for a place in the squad, and another few might improve slightly to make it as squad-players as well.

I only really noticed today how much of a waste Owen seems. He's got less than average pace and acceleration now, and he's not at all good with his back turned towards goal. That basically leaves us with a player who is only good in the box, and he even showed today that he's not very good at that either!

Inspiring however, to watch Enrique and N'Zogbia, and Taylor as well I guess. Those are basically the only three players I hope won't leave this season, or in the summer.

It's a better squad now than what Roeder finished 7th with, we've got too many grafters though thanks to fat Sam which means there's no balance.

Debatable but even if it is half the teams in the league have improved massively since then. No way would this squad finish 7th now.

Nothing's changed since 5:15pm. Today was a shambles where every single thing went wrong, as i (and Melanchronic) have said, it's all about the current situation. If that poll about which players are good enough for the top 6 were to come around again, i'd vote the same again. Tthere's 8 or 9 top 6 players but too many squad-fillers.

How many of those played today, YG?

Serious question. With the best manager in the world, how far could we hope to get with the squad we have? How many will improve? How many will get worse?

no they aren't good enough. But 9 players were brought in in the summer with most people claiming they club had "done good business"

If anybody had any doubts whatsoever how important backing your manager is, and the need to buy quality "trophy" players [whatever trophy players are] if we want to match the top teams, then surely after today they won't have any more.

I think a couple of good players and the right way of playing would bring about a big improvement. But for this club to get into the top 4, will need 7 or 8 players at least. And 2m johnny averages will never do this in a million years

NE5, i know you're trying to illustrate the new boards deficincies, but shoudln't you wait til they've had a window with their own man in place to really pass judgement?

It's a better squad now than what Roeder finished 7th with, we've got too many grafters though thanks to fat Sam which means there's no balance.

Too many grafters.. and we still get walked all over almost every week. 

At the minute, no, we are far from fucking good enough.

Need a right winger who isn't slow and can cross a ball.  Need a midfielder who can pass and make things happen.  Need a holding midfielder who can tackle and need a striker who is a good fucking finisher.

Until we do these things we will be mid table medicroity. (At best)

NE5, i know you're trying to illustrate the new boards deficincies, but shoudln't you wait til they've had a window with their own man in place to really pass judgement?

Don't be silly. He's loving being proved right.

Guest Knightrider

I'm not just talking about ability here, individually we have some decent players. However years of regression in the form of injuries, coaching, form, attitude, failure, confidence and instability has turned quite a few of them into damaged goods and lost causes.

Guest ObaStar

Everyone just relax, in a few days we will have a new manager. He will be given some money to spend in the worst case to avoid relegation. There is no point getting upset about today, we can't change anything.

I'm not just talking about ability here, individually we have some decent players. However years of regression in the form of injuries, coaching, form, attitude, failure, confidence and instability has turned quite a few of them into damaged goods and lost causes.

I agree with that, tbh. The likes of Duff, Owen, Butt, Carr are all ruined now. Typically, we make players worse so I don't expect many to get better. Milner will turn shit. Martins, too, probably. We're a fucking graveyard for talent.

no they aren't good enough. But 9 players were brought in in the summer with most people claiming they club had "done good business"

If anybody had any doubts whatsoever how important backing your manager is, and the need to buy quality "trophy" players [whatever trophy players are] if we want to match the top teams, then surely after today they won't have any more.

This was a thread with a title best ever summer in the transfer market iirc

Loading Sam up with cash would of been Souey all over again man.

..............................Given

Beye.........Taylor..............Faye..........Enrique

Milner........?.....................?................N'Zogbia

................Martins............?

2 players for every position means we need:

1 x lb

1x rb

2x cb

4 x cm

1 x rw

3 x cf

Looks like we might need more than that £100m