Thank you Mr Ashley and Mr Mort

Guest Knightrider

I can't believe people are still expecting bunnies to be pulled out of hats. The first choice was Redknapp. The second choice is either unproven or a lesser manager. In other words, the best we can hope for is Shearer.

Sadly I agree with you. I was hoping the entire Redknapp thing was bollocks but I can't see how we'll be going up from him.

Almost praying for Mark Hughes now.

Guest Knightrider

This time last week were were a fairly stable club looking towards the transfer window with some hope. 7 days later and we are once again the laughing stock of the country. We have no manager. The manager they wanted said no so god knows who is next. We've just been trounced 6-0 and the transfer window could well slam shut on us before we even get a new man in.

Crisis club?

Aye!

Thanks fellas.

Not!

As management goes, this is straight from the Freddy Shepherd "how to make a complete balls up of running a football club in as few days as possible" book.

Not acceptable.  :thdn:

rubbish mate, tbh.

Blame the current people running the club. The players bought in the summer, that people said were "good business" ..... have really done the business. Average low priced players = embarrassing hammerings from clubs who have real ambition and show it.

Whatever you think of Shepherd, its been said before and ignored, but they backed their managers to try and bring quality footballers to the club.

I do blame the current people for this currently crisis/saga as they've manufactured it. However this is a familiar pattern hence why I mentioned Freddy Shepherd.

This time last week were were a fairly stable club looking towards the transfer window with some hope. 7 days later and we are once again the laughing stock of the country. We have no manager. The manager they wanted said no so god knows who is next. We've just been trounced 6-0 and the transfer window could well slam shut on us before we even get a new man in.

Crisis club?

Aye!

Thanks fellas.

Not!

As management goes, this is straight from the Freddy Shepherd "how to make a complete balls up of running a football club in as few days as possible" book.

That was Allardyce's team and I don't belive the result would've been any different if he'd been still in charge.

Absolutely spot on.

Honestly, I doubt alladrcye would have put out such a positive team with Enrique at LB and N'zogbia in an advanced role.  Worked great for the first half, and if pearson was more competent he would have looked to change the game in a more positive manner earlier (why was emre on the bench while smith and butt played?) but instead we waited for Man U to come at us.

I also love how this "crisis" is being blamed on the board/ownership when by its pretty much the legacy of Allardyce.

Crisis club?

Aye!

Thanks fellas.

Not!

That was Allardyce's team and I don't belive the result would've been any different if he'd been still in charge.

Absolutely spot on.

Honestly, I doubt allarcye would have put out such a positive team with Enrique at LB and N'zogbia in an advanced role.  Worked great for the first half, and if pearson was more competent he would have looked to change the game in a more positive manner earlier (why was emre on the bench while smith and butt played?) but instead we waited for Man U to come at us.

Crisis club?

Aye!

Thanks fellas.

Not!

rubbish mate, tbh.

Blame the current people running the club. The players bought in the summer, that people said were "good business" ..... have really done the business. Average low priced players = embarrassing hammerings from clubs who have real ambition and show it.

Whatever you think of Shepherd, its been said before and ignored, but they backed their managers to try and bring quality footballers to the club.

I do blame the current people for this currently crisis/saga as they've manufactured it. However this is a familiar pattern hence why I mentioned Freddy Shepherd.

Only when we weren't playing in europe, the Champions League, and backing the managers in their judgement of quality footballers.

Crisis club?

Aye!

Thanks fellas.

Not!

rubbish mate, tbh.

Remind me, who brought in the man who decided to buy those shit players NE5?...

Well. I wondered who would be first to touch on "if he succeeds its Ashley and Mort getting the credit but if he fails its Shepherds fault". Congratulations. Didn't think it would be you mind.

Anyway, he also allowed his manager to buy that bloke Luque who you championed right until the end.

Guest neesy111

it would of been around 4-5 if allardyce had been here, it was only 3 until he takes a striker off for rozehnal with 5 mins to go

that team had allardyce stamped all over it

decent 1st half and awful 2nd

Guest Knightrider

You seriously doubt we would have been hammered if Allardyce had still been here?

Did you see the Liverpool game, when we were at home incidentally, when they could have had ten? Or the other s*** performances we've managed to serve up against some utter s*** sides.

I'm not particularly happy with the way things have gone this week but to continue to think Allardyce wasn't a disaster is unbelievable in my opinion. I really think the Premier League is so bad at he bottom that it would be difficult to get us relegated even if that was your intention, and we're close to being dragged into it.

I don't think we'd have been hit by six and I don't think we'd have rolled over as easy as we did neither. It's all about opinion of course, but this is mine. As I said though, the result and performance is besides the point. We were a fairly stable club even if results themselves weren't exactly stable, we had a manager most fans considered needed until the end of the season at least and a team that was if not getting the right results, was performing better. On the transfer front the club and manager together were looking to bring in new players but something happened that threw everything up in the air. No-one can deny though that once again we are the laughing stock of the country and bang smack back to where we've been many a time. The future is now very uncertain. The timing of Big Sam's sacking was wrong and the fact we didn't have anyone lined up to replace him is also very very worrying. To top it all off though, their number one target is a 60 year old manager who actually has a worse record than Big Sam. To date they haven't put a foot wrong but then there haven't been many challenges they've had to overcome. At the first sign of trouble, they fuck up. This doesn't bode well. Reading between the lines it seems this whole affair is a reactionary mess. The owner clearly wants to be entertained but he has to set aside what he wants and put what the club needs first; stability. Well sacking the manager midway through the season is the complete opposite of that. And Big Sam not being Ashley's man is no excuse either. If he is willing to foresake the needs of the club to personally satisfy himself, would he be any different to Freddy Shepherd? This whole affair opens up a series of questions and raises many doubts. Hopefully they can answer them and ease those doubts. They have a lot to undo though and I'm not too confident they can if the past 7 days are anything to go by. Again, despite many of my comments over the past few days, they deserve a chance and I'd be wrong to write them off or hang them just yet as they are new to this and they've done a lot of good. Like manager's though, they will be judged on results. Time to deliver.

Guest Knightrider

Crisis club?

Aye!

Thanks fellas.

Not!

Absolutely spot on.

Honestly, I doubt alladrcye would have put out such a positive team with Enrique at LB and N'zogbia in an advanced role.  Worked great for the first half, and if pearson was more competent he would have looked to change the game in a more positive manner earlier (why was emre on the bench while smith and butt played?) but instead we waited for Man U to come at us.

I also love how this "crisis" is being blamed on the board/ownership when by its pretty much the legacy of Allardyce.

And a fat lot of good it did us. They could have been 4-0 up at half time man and despite being in 1st gear, they were still a level or two above us. As for the crisis being the legacy of Big Sam, give over man.

Guest Knightrider

Crisis club?

Aye!

Thanks fellas.

Not!

rubbish mate, tbh.

Only when we weren't playing in europe, the Champions League, and backing the managers in their judgement of quality footballers.

Well it's very easy to say that after 10 years, Ashley and Mort have been here 8 months and can't be judged on that front quite yet as no team qualifies for Europe after 20 odd league games and to be fair, they did back Sam with money, only unlike FS and Co, it came from the owner's actual pockets and what he did release, was more than the yearly average FS released from club funds. As for average players, you can't be that subjective as FS sanctioned the purchase of many many piss poor footballers to this club. To my mind Ashley's buys, like the board themselves, can't be fully written off just yet as they are not exactly lost causes and have time to turn their Toon careers around.

Anyway, this isn't about the old board, my FS comment was a throw away one, this is about Ashley and Mort and our future.

Crisis club?

Aye!

Thanks fellas.

Not!

rubbish mate, tbh.

Well it's very easy to say that after 10 years, Ashley and Mort have been here 8 months and can't be judged on that front quite yet as no team qualifies for Europe after 20 odd league games and to be fair, they did back Sam with money, only unlike FS and Co, it came from the owner's actual pockets and what he did release, was more than the yearly average FS released from club funds. As for average players, you can't be that subjective as FS sanctioned the purchase of many many piss poor footballers to this club . To my mind Ashley's buys, like the board themselves, can't be fully written off just yet as they are not exactly lost causes and have time to turn their Toon careers around.

Anyway, this isn't about the old board, my FS comment was a throw away one, this is about Ashley and Mort and our future.

I know. The fact is, the way forward is doing some things the way the old board did, not all, but some, despite some people ridiculing everything they did, such is their agenda, naivety, whatever it is.

Sanctioning signings is what good boards do. We won't become a good club again if the board questions their managers judgements, that I can guarantee you. There isn't a good manager in the game who would put up with that.

Guest elbee909

If there's ever a time when I really don't care for people comparing the size of Shepherd's cock to Ashley/Mort's it's today.

Could have been, but the fact is they weren't and we didn't look half bad.  Instead of building on that we let them boss us around, which is undertandable given their quality, but we only played into their hands by sitting back and negative subsitutions, and when playing a team with tevez/rooney/giggs/ronaldo etc... can only lead to such a result. We were probably always going to lose today, but it didn't have to be in such a manner. And note that i put crisis in quotes, meaning that I don't actually believe their is a crisis, and if you're talking about the result being a crisis, its pretty much in Allardyce's name.

Guest fishman09

well at least this HAS to be rock bottom now...doesn't it?

our club is like an alcoholic, now we've bottomed out at our lowest ebb, the only way is up?...or god help us....down?

whateva, i'm too far gone now, i don't bother watching eastenders of corrie anymore, they just seem soooo tame compared to our clubs 'story lines' :)

fish

thank you Mr Ashley and Mr Mort,

.....for getting rid of that absoultely fucking gash manager fathead

now do us a favour and bring in someone who knows what theyere doing

oh and get rid of the usless twats pearson and fatmac!

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

well at least this HAS to be rock bottom now...doesn't it?

our club is like an alcoholic, now we've bottomed out at our lowest ebb, the only way is up?...or god help us....down?

whateva, i'm too far gone now, i don't bother watching eastenders of corrie anymore, they just seem soooo tame compared to our clubs 'story lines' :)

fish

More like Edgar Alan Poe than an alcoholic imo.

The doyen of horror stories, bipolar, self destuctive and creative genius.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0689848374.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Crisis club?

Aye!

Thanks fellas.

Not!

That was Allardyce's team and I don't believe the result would've been any different if he'd been still in charge.

Agree with the 2nd point.

The result only puts Ashley/Mort under more pressure to get the best man they can for the job.

I'm sure whoever takes over will do better, simply by playing players in their right position for starters.

I'ts so depressing watching all this from a distance - no chance to gauge what the feeling is like in the town, to balance the negativity on this board with ........fucking no hope at all.

It's natural to want to lash out - and shit no manager so let's go for the next target ... Pearson,Mort,Ashley..... and somewhere down the line the players.

No responsibility and no influence and no control...but fuck it it's  just a message board .

What are WE, yes we , going do different next time .......... cos  if  we can't affect anthing then this is all just wanking

Does anybody else think this is just  Newcastle groundhog day, year .... never going to end!!!!

I just fucking despair reading most of this....  more drink.

There is an overriding need in the next 12 months ---- its stability and and continuity.

In the last 5 days in the eyes of the media this club has gone back ino meltdown  ---- for fuck's sake let's take the responsibility  back. Some facts

1.We have a billionaire owner --- lets not think we can get  a different/better one

2.If you believe in fairies then one day we might get a manager everbody wants- until that day we should all give the new manager at least 2 years grace as a starting point.

Of course that  grace period flexes on results and performance and most importantly DEMONSTRATING PROGRESS.

3. On match days -SUPPORT THE FUCKING TEAM NO MATTER WHAT-- because for 90 minutes  nothing else really matters, otherwise why would sensible adults be bothering themselves with this crap

4. If the 'team' feels the hyperness of  Newcastle United as it reads to  me ( from here in France)  then no wonder the fragility I've seen on Sky. God we need an inspiraitional leader .... but we need to be more patient.

Enough

Pain before pleasure. Sam had to go; today was just an exageration of the mess he's got us in. Consider the rubbish tactics & performances, the undeserved points against Wigan, Fulham, Brum, Derby & be thankful he left us above the drop zone.

Mr Ashley, Mr Mort you have a huge responsibility in picking the new man, Redknapp wasn't right, nor Hughes (we shouldn't have lost there & Coventry stuck 4 passed them) & nor is Shearer.

Hiddink, Van Gaal or Houllier for me; Mourinho I can live without.