Thank you Mr Ashley and Mr Mort

Guest Knightrider

I can't believe people still haven't learn the lesson of "sack timing" after the SBR nightmare.

A manager should be sacked doesn't mean he should be sacked immediately---the timing should be when there is better replacement lined up already!

Tell me the point of sacking Sm and hiring someone like Bruce or Davis.

The two has fucked this club up by making it the least attractive job it's ever been in the eye of the managers.

Now we'll probably smashed the salary record of a manager in EPL---even if he's someone like Coppell only.

I'm not going to pass my judgement of this sacking until the new appointment is made. Chris and Mort deserve time to sort things out, just the same way that Chris (Coach HTT) said Sam needed. Why the hypocrisy Chris?

I'm not going to pass my judgement of this sacking until the new appointment is made. Chris and Mort deserve time to sort things out, just the same way that Chris (Coach HTT) said Sam needed. Why the hypocrisy Chris?

exactly. I have a feeling we'll end up with a quality manager.

Guest Knightrider

There is no hypocrisy, as I have already said the new people need time and can't fully be judged just yet. That doesn't hide my disappointment at their poor management of the club in the last 7 days, poor management that I feel could have been avoided, poor management that I'm not going to sit on the fence over.

This time last week were were a fairly stable club looking towards the transfer window with some hope. 7 days later and we are once again the laughing stock of the country. We have no manager. The manager they wanted said no so god knows who is next. We've just been trounced 6-0 and the transfer window could well slam shut on us before we even get a new man in.

Crisis club?

Aye!

Thanks fellas.

Not!

As management goes, this is straight from the Freddy Shepherd "how to make a complete balls up of running a football club in as few days as possible" book.

Not acceptable.  :thdn:

Full of shit. tbh.

Surely if Redknapp  had been approached before Allardyce was sacked that would have been a Martin Jol/Ramos situation. The media bleating would have been even worse about Allardyce* (if that's possible). (*Allardyce the new Newcastle martyr).

Isn't it against the rules to approach a manager already in post unless it's official? They could hardly do that if SA was still in the job?

I've got every faith in both Ashley and Mort, let's thank the powers in the universe that FFS isn't at the helm.

Surely if Redknapp  had been approached before Allardyce was sacked that would have been a Martin Jol/Ramos situation. The media bleating would have been even worse about Allardyce* (if that's possible). (*Allardyce the new Newcastle martyr).

Isn't it against the rules to approach a manager already in post unless it's official? They could hardly do that if SA was still in the job?

I've got every faith in both Ashley and Mort, let's thank the powers in the universe that FFS isn't at the helm.

bluelaugh.gif

There is no hypocrisy, as I have already said the new people need time and can't fully be judged just yet. That doesn't hide my disappointment at their poor management of the club in the last 7 days, poor management that I feel could have been avoided, poor management that I'm not going to sit on the fence over.

But surely it's only poor management of the club if they get a gash of a replacement. That's what I meant by giving them time to sort things out. Not a case of sitting on the fence, more like a case of not making a judgement until we know the full story.

Guest battyleespeed

I agree with HTT and some other excellent posts in this thread. This does reek like a major mistake by inexperienced management who are overconfident. Does anybody know what kind of CV Christ Mort has when it comes to being chairman of football club? ffs he is a lawyer. Wikipedia says he advised Ashley with takeover but besides that does he has any actual football or sports management experience? Whenever I saw him sitting next to Sam I felt he was out of place and not only because of the difference in size... Since Ashley has lot of other things going on like managing his main business Mort is his eyes and ears. The Ashley interview indicated that Mort gave the impulse for sacking of Sam and Ashley had been holding back his lack of confidence to Sam so he just needed that reinforcement from Mort to do what he had wanted to from the beginning. What if there had been more qualified people around to influence Ashley? Ashley selected Mort to his position and I wonder if he made the first mistake there already. Wasn't there better qualified people for that position? Why have apparently totally inexperienced lawyer as an chairman? Why not bring in director of football etc. type people to advice about footballing matters?

Now Ashley is saying that he will run the club exactly as he sees fit to, "hands on management". How long does it take for him gain experience? For Freddy it took quite many years. This does not bode well at all. I would not worry that much if Ashley interview had pointed to more composed approach from larger management with experienced people drafted in instead of aggressive dictator-style approach from inexperienced owner. Well, now the pressure is with Ashley to deliver and can't help to get the feeling that he has taken on far more than he can handle.

FFS, Ashley is a businessman and he's running the club like any of his other business acquisitions - bring in your own team to generate the results you expect. This means eliminating weaknesses and getting rid of people you feel you can't work with.

They wanted their own man in from the start but decided to give Sam a chance. He was garbage so they got rid. They obviously feel they can salvage something from this season with a new man at the helm so they've made a ruthless business decision.

Ignore everything that has happened in previous years. That is all irrelevant now. You can't blame the new guys for the way the club was run in the past.

Ashley wants to take the club forward and he didn't think he could do that with Fat Sam in charge of team affairs. End of!

Redknapp would've been a much better appointment than Allardyce. We'd have been happier with the football on display and he'd have almost certainly brought in some good players. The fact that we've been throwing around names like Mourinho, Lippi, Houllier etc meant we were disappointed when someone less Hollywood was approached. If you'd have been told we were going to sack Allardyce and replace him with Redknapp after the Portsmouth, Liverpool or Derby games the response would have been a lot more positive.

I don't give a stuff if they haven't been involved in football before. FF was a self-confessed fan, and as such put us on the verge of financial ruin by letting his passion for the club (and love of the limelight no doubt) get the better of him. The fact that we have astute businessmen in charge of the club now gives me a lot more hope for the future.

Guest battyleespeed

Slightly expanding the discussion to another direction...

Rest of the season fixtures...

Bolton  (h)          *** a must win       

Arsenal (a)   

Middlesbrough  (h)                *** a must win           

Aston Villa  (a)                 

Man United  (h)                 

<Snip>   

How things stand today it will be tough to get 43p or more. Not saying it would had been any easier with Sam still in charge just wanted to see how people see the rest of the season panning out in terms of actually getting points on board.

Slightly expanding the discussion to another direction...

Rest of the season fixtures...

Bolton  (h)          *** a must win       

Arsenal (a)   

Middlesbrough  (h)                *** a must win           

Aston Villa  (a)                 

Man United  (h)                 

<Snip>   

How things stand today it will be tough to get 43p or more. Not saying it would had been any easier with Sam still in charge just wanted to see how people see the rest of the season panning out in terms of actually getting points on board.

Agree - relegation IS a threat and these fixtures are very important.

Even winning all those highlighted only gives 15 points which means another 2 still to get, and I can't see us winning all 5 you mention...

Its going to be tough from now on in....

I agree with HTT and some other excellent posts in this thread. This does reek like a major mistake by inexperienced management who are overconfident. Does anybody know what kind of CV Christ Mort has when it comes to being chairman of football club? ffs he is a lawyer. Wikipedia says he advised Ashley with takeover but besides that does he has any actual football or sports management experience? Whenever I saw him sitting next to Sam I felt he was out of place and not only because of the difference in size... Since Ashley has lot of other things going on like managing his main business Mort is his eyes and ears. The Ashley interview indicated that Mort gave the impulse for sacking of Sam and Ashley had been holding back his lack of confidence to Sam so he just needed that reinforcement from Mort to do what he had wanted to from the beginning. What if there had been more qualified people around to influence Ashley? Ashley selected Mort to his position and I wonder if he made the first mistake there already. Wasn't there better qualified people for that position? Why have apparently totally inexperienced lawyer as an chairman? Why not bring in director of football etc. type people to advice about footballing matters?

Now Ashley is saying that he will run the club exactly as he sees fit to, "hands on management". How long does it take for him gain experience? For Freddy it took quite many years. This does not bode well at all. I would not worry that much if Ashley interview had pointed to more composed approach from larger management with experienced people drafted in instead of aggressive dictator-style approach from inexperienced owner. Well, now the pressure is with Ashley to deliver and can't help to get the feeling that he has taken on far more than he can handle.

Getting rid of Fat Sam cannot be seen as a mistake, as it is for the good of the club.