Which absolute idiots

NSG

This Shearer love-in makes absolutely no sense to me... I challenge anyone on this board to give me 5 footballing reasons why Shearer should be appointed manager.

its not a love in... the fact is nobody knows what would happen. would you not rather take the chance than wait for another distinctly average manager to take over so that we can have this same conversation in a years time

Who would I suggest? Houllier, Lippi, Mourinho or Hitzfeld for a start. If clubs like Birmingham have the balls to approach managers like these, then why not us?

Did Birmingham really approach Lippi? I mean who has a shortlist @ 1: Lippi, @ 2: McLeish

It looks like Hitzfeld is going to be the next Swiss manager, a country he has played & managed in.

Mourinho looks like he will join AC in the summer. He has enough dosh in the bank to decide where he wants to work.

Houllier I guess he would take the job.

Lippi I would be surprised if he managed again, he may take one of the middle east jobs on big $$$'s though.

yes they did, his advisors confirmed they did, the reply was thanks but no thanks

Are well there is hope we may have a shortlist like @ 1: Redknapp. @ 2: Lippi  mackems.gif

This Shearer love-in makes absolutely no sense to me... I challenge anyone on this board to give me 5 footballing reasons why Shearer should be appointed manager.

By the same token, 5 footballing reasons why Keegan should have been appointed?

Anyone know if Shearer is on MOTD tonight?

still on holiday i think

Guest elbee909

Now we probably can't get anyone else...

Guest elbee909

By the same token, 5 footballing reasons why Keegan should have been appointed?

Anyone know if Shearer is on MOTD tonight?

still on holiday i think

Alan Oliver said he was in Barbados or something.

So he probably was on MOTD, yeah.

Agreed coach.

Keane has done a fantastic job even though they are where they are. The team seems to get at teams and try to beat them they just don't have the quality to finish chances. He has also had problems attracting players of the calibre he wants to that dump.

I think if he got the players he was after they would be pissing on us right now. I don't want to stick up for our filthy, inbred, unwashed enemies but keane has done a great job so far for them.

If shearer had the same impact and was able to get the players he wants we would do the business

Keane did however, make most of his impact in the Championship, without the pressure any manager coming in to manage us would have to face. The Premier League has proven to be an entirely different kettle of fish, hasn't it?

this club needs the biggest lift now in it's history, we are in crisis now, fans are disillusioned with the club

the club needs to sort it self out now, or many fans will not bother turning up next season

this a piss take?

I'd agree with the "crisis" and "disillusioned" bit, however this probably isn't the worst we've faced yet.

I know what you mean Tachikoma but im saying when people think he has not been that good. they are a much better outfit than when he first took over.

And to say he was not under pressure straight away. They were fucking awful and were going to go down if he did not come. Then he won the league with them. Thats some achievement from where they were mind

I know what you mean Tachikoma but im saying when people think he has not been that good. they are a much better outfit than when he first took over.

And to say he was not under pressure straight away. They were f****** awful and were going to go down if he did not come. Then he won the league with them. Thats some achievement from where they were mind

He did take over only after 4 games into the season, in fairness. Ours will probably miss out on the transfer window and will have to try to work the team into something that resembles a professional football team.

Guest Goalfather

its not a love in... the fact is nobody knows what would happen. would you not rather take the chance than wait for another distinctly average manager to take over so that we can have this same conversation in a years time

I have a problem with giving the job to a man with no managerial experience.

He has absolutely nothing on his managerial CV...yet he wants us to take this leap of faith and appoint him as manager. If he was so interested in managing ,why did'nt he take up a job at a smaller club in the lower divisions.. that is what most ex players do.

were holding the Shearer banner today?

Clueless f****** twats.

They were only showing a bit of passion, which is more than some fans this season have.

They know who they fancy as manager and tried to show their opinion in the hope that the powers that be took notice.

Clueless fucking twats.

Which absolute idiots thought Allardyce was our saviour?

They are more fucking clueless, and the ones who defended him till the end are even bigger twats, for pretending that being an NUFC "fan" is more important than being honest.

He has absolutely nothing on his managerial CV...yet he wants us to take this leap of faith and appoint him as manager. If he was so interested in managing ,why did'nt he take up a job at a smaller club in the lower divisions.. that is what most ex players do.

What about Keegan?

Is there somekinda unwritten rule that inexperienced managers fail ? I would like to think that Shearer has more football in him than most of the other s*** managers around, and I seriously doubt he will fail with the one thing we need more than anything else right now; We need som f***** passion in our game! As far as Im concerned, I really don`t care if we make it to the uefa cup next season as long as we can se some improvent or evidence that we are heading in the right direction.

And guys, honestly, who would be a better motivator both for the fans and players the Shearer? I guess if we were to get Jose or something we should go for it. But when the choise is between King Shearer and t**** like donkey and jol then Shearer is the only way to go.

Clueless f****** twats.

Which absolute idiots thought Allardyce was our saviour?

They are more f****** clueless, and the ones who defended him till the end are even bigger twats, for pretending that being an NUFC "fan" is more important than being honest.

Tbh it was more like being patient with him than actually defending his unfathomable tactics.

Guest Goalfather

Is there somekinda unwritten rule that inexperienced managers fail ? I would like to think that Shearer has more football in him than most of the other s*** managers around, and I seriously doubt he will fail with the one thing we need more than anything else right now; We need som f***** passion in our game! As far as Im concerned, I really don`t care if we make it to the uefa cup next season as long as we can se some improvent or evidence that we are heading in the right direction.

And guys, honestly, who would be a better motivator both for the fans and players the Shearer? I guess if we were to get Jose or something we should go for it. But when the choise is between King Shearer and t**** like donkey and jol then Shearer is the only way to go.

Look all this talk about passion is bullsh&t....The championship is full of managers whose mantras are passion and guts...and getting stuck in...

What I mean is, the lads should start enjoying playing football. Look at Manu, Arsenal and so on.. They play with a f***** smile on their face! When our boys go out on the pitch you can see from theyre faces that we allready lost the game. Someone needs to give them a hope or something....

Least they went and supported the lads!!! And any fan has the RIGHT to their own opinion...FFS

So I suppose my 8 or so away games this season makes me a paltry part time fan? MY opinion is that Shearer should be nowhere near the managers seat.

Make a fucking banner about it then.

The fans were fucking brilliant today. I looked around when we were 4-0 down and I've never loved the club more. Get off your high horse about someone wanting a different manager to you, and do something about it if you care that much.

Keegan.

Keegan.

No doubt the most inspired and successful manager in mine and most of our supporters lifetime - your issues with Shearer's potential appointment would have prevented his appointment. What say you?

The thing is that when most people on here say they want an "experienced" manager, they mean "a manager with winning experience with top-flight clubs." And those managers probably aren't going to come here. The truth is that we've made the position something that no one in their right mind would want. The only reason any manager of calibre would come here is if for the money, and I would rather have someone managing the team who is doing it because he is passionate about the club. Shearer has been involved with football his whole life and knows the ins and outs of NUFC better than anyone. Also, he's well respected and was idolized by many of the young players coming up through the ranks these days. I don't care how Roy Keane has done with the Mackems; Shearer and Newcastle are a different thing all together.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

I just want a good manager, and nobody knows if Shearer is or isn't one.  After so many failures, are you prepared to take yet another risk?

Least they went and supported the lads!!! And any fan has the RIGHT to their own opinion...FFS

So I suppose my 8 or so away games this season makes me a paltry part time fan? MY opinion is that Shearer should be nowhere near the managers seat.

Make a fucking banner about it then.

The fans were fucking brilliant today. I looked around when we were 4-0 down and I've never loved the club more. Get off your high horse about someone wanting a different manager to you, and do something about it if you care that much.

:clap:

Why are Pearson and the rest of Sam's parasites still here ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good to see people slagging our away fans

the majority on this board hardly go to away games man

Well said - armchair critics.... :crazy2: