MOTD

Keefaz

We're still clamouring for Shearer. I love being told what I think.

Some cockney t*** ex-footballer on Soccer Saturday (I don't know who he is) said "They all want one man to do it". I was shouting at the screen, "You dare say Shearer!". What do they base this demand for Shearer on? The made up s**** in the papers? It's like me saying "I know what his favourite dinner will be. Jellied Eels".

I liked Alan McInally going into one and feeling quote strongly about it saying that Allardyce most certainly should have KEPT his job because we drew 0-0 away at Stoke.

What the f*** does he know about us and our club. What a t***.

At least Jeff Stelling had the sense to retort and say "oh come on Alan, they were absolutely awful". McInally's face was a picture, he was getting really wound up about it.

Exactly! All these twats in the media go "Sam should have been given more time" but after every Newcastle game on TV in the last three months they've all come out with more or less "Newcastle are fucking shite!"

with the joys of being a student, I've got a free day to waste tomorrow.

I'm meant to be popping into the town for a few things.  However if I switch on the TV and see that Craig David is outside SJP, I might wander up later on.

As sad as it seems I'm desperate to get on TV.  The scenario would be that he interviews me about who I'd want.  However, just as he asks the questions, and assuming its being broadcast live, I gurn at the camera, then preceed to speak absolute twaddle, insisting that we bring back Gordon Lee as manager (I wasn't alive, but I've heard he was cack!) and that the first signing he makes should be Steven Glass.

However, before the cameras cut back to Craig David in sheer embarrassment, I get one last swipe and go on a massive rant about the media and the s**** that they speak.

Then the next thing the viewers see is some bloke going, "Have you ever considered being a driving instructor?  WELL YOU CAN, WITH THE INSTRUCTOR COLLEGE!!!"

I'm meant to be popping into the town for a few things.  However if I switch on the TV and see that Craig David is outside SJP, I might wander up later on.

As sad as it seems I'm desperate to get on TV.  The scenario would be that he interviews me about who I'd want.  However, just as he asks the questions, and assuming its being broadcast live, I gurn at the camera, then preceed to speak absolute twaddle, insisting that we bring back Gordon Lee as manager (I wasn't alive, but I've heard he was cack!) and that the first signing he makes should be Steven Glass.

However, before the cameras cut back to Craig David in sheer embarrassment, I get one last swipe and go on a massive rant about the media and the s**** that they speak.

Then the next thing the viewers see is some bloke going, "Have you ever considered being a driving instructor?  WELL YOU CAN, WITH THE INSTRUCTOR COLLEGE!!!"

:laugh:

I'm meant to be popping into the town for a few things.  However if I switch on the TV and see that Craig David is outside SJP, I might wander up later on.

As sad as it seems I'm desperate to get on TV.  The scenario would be that he interviews me about who I'd want.  However, just as he asks the questions, and assuming its being broadcast live, I gurn at the camera, then preceed to speak absolute twaddle, insisting that we bring back Gordon Lee as manager (I wasn't alive, but I've heard he was cack!) and that the first signing he makes should be Steven Glass.

Then the next thing the viewers see is some bloke going, "Have you ever considered being a driving instructor?  WELL YOU CAN, WITH THE INSTRUCTOR COLLEGE!!!"

Craig David outside SJP? i know we are a circus but surely not.  :lol:

I'm meant to be popping into the town for a few things.  However if I switch on the TV and see that Craig David is outside SJP, I might wander up later on.

As sad as it seems I'm desperate to get on TV.  The scenario would be that he interviews me about who I'd want.  However, just as he asks the questions, and assuming its being broadcast live, I gurn at the camera, then preceed to speak absolute twaddle, insisting that we bring back Gordon Lee as manager (I wasn't alive, but I've heard he was cack!) and that the first signing he makes should be Steven Glass.

Then the next thing the viewers see is some bloke going, "Have you ever considered being a driving instructor?  WELL YOU CAN, WITH THE INSTRUCTOR COLLEGE!!!"

:laugh:

:lol: :lol:

I've resigned to calling him that after stumbling along to a game a year or so ago (forgot which one) with 2 mates half-cut.  He was there doing a piece to camera, to which one of my mates shouted behind poor David, in a Bo Selecta style voice, "Daaaaaaavid Craaaaig, on his North-east tour".

A pathetic attempt to get on TV I know, but the horror on the camera mans face was a picture!

Guest elbee909

If you do go along, can you fill me in?

On what happens.  Of course.

I don't really want to get into this whole 'they think we think that they reckon we really think that we're a big club' thing, but what I don't understand is - well, actually, I do partly understand it - why the same accusations don't get levelled at Tottenham and West Ham.

West Ham in particular are turning out to be horrible johnny come latelies, larging it up about what great fans they are because they usually sell out a 35k stadium for the first time in years, neglecting the fact that they've never actually won the league, and are the perfect definition of a yo-yo club.

Tottenham's press coverage seems to imply they're some kind of institution despite finishing in the top six a massive two times in almost two decades and having amassed a gigantic two league championships in their history, the last of which was not that far off half a century ago.

Now, regardless of the validity or not of any of the things levelled at Newcastle, if you look at the two above cases, why don't their clais of greatness get treated with the same opprobrium? I wonder, just wonder, if it is to do with the "L" word?

Oh yes. Someone did the "fill me in" joke. Great stuff. :hmm:

Guest elbee909

Oh yes. Someone did the "fill me in" joke. Great stuff. :hmm:

I'll have to reeeeewind.

I don't really want to get into this whole 'they think we think that they reckon we really think that we're a big club' thing, but what I don't understand is - well, actually, I do partly understand it - why the same accusations don't get levelled at Tottenham and West Ham.

West Ham in particular are turning out to be horrible johnny come latelies, larging it up about what great fans they are because they usually sell out a 35k stadium for the first time in years, neglecting the fact that they've never actually won the league, and are the perfect definition of a yo-yo club.

Tottenham's press coverage seems to imply they're some kind of institution despite finishing in the top six a massive two times in almost two decades and having amassed a gigantic two league championships in their history, the last of which was not that far off half a century ago.

Now, regardless of the validity or not of any of the things levelled at Newcastle, if you look at the two above cases, why don't their clais of greatness get treated with the same opprobrium? I wonder, just wonder, if it is to do with the "L" word?

Oh Brummie. How could you possibly suggest that, because those 2 wonderful clubs come from our nations capital, that they should get different treatment from our boys in the gutter press

How very cynical of you

O0

I've resigned to calling him that after stumbling along to a game a year or so ago (forgot which one) with 2 mates half-cut.  He was there doing a piece to camera, to which one of my mates shouted behind poor David, in a Bo Selecta style voice, "Daaaaaaavid Craaaaig, on his North-east tour".

A pathetic attempt to get on TV I know, but the horror on the camera mans face was a picture!

I thought you were joking about being desperate to get on TV.

You really are that sad :lol:

I've resigned to calling him that after stumbling along to a game a year or so ago (forgot which one) with 2 mates half-cut.  He was there doing a piece to camera, to which one of my mates shouted behind poor David, in a Bo Selecta style voice, "Daaaaaaavid Craaaaig, on his North-east tour".

Maybe NSG can give you a few pointers.

it wasn't me man!  Although I got on against my will apparantly against Spurs at half time the other year.

Went in to the pub 2 days later and got a welcome of "fucking hell you were cramming that pie down your neck weren't you???"

it wasn't me man!  Although I got on against my will apparantly against Spurs at half time the other year.

Went in to the pub 2 days later and got a welcome of "fucking hell you were cramming that pie down your neck weren't you???"

Well if your first reaction to that was 'how did my hair look?' then you've got issues. That said, you sound like a bit of a fat pie-eater so could have been the least of your worries.

Went in to the pub 2 days later and got a welcome of "f****** hell you were cramming that pie down your neck weren't you???"

Well if your first reaction to that was 'how did my hair look?' then you've got issues. That said, you sound like a bit of a fat pie-eater so could have been the least of your worries.

Nah, it was more "did the camera catch the twinkle in my eye?"

Great word

As sad as it seems I'm desperate to get on TV.  The scenario would be that he interviews me about who I'd want.  However, just as he asks the questions, and assuming its being broadcast live, I gurn at the camera, then preceed to speak absolute twaddle, insisting that we bring back Gordon Lee as manager (I wasn't alive, but I've heard he was cack!)

if you weren't alive, I suggest you look at the league tables. If anything, I feel sorry for the person who told you that the person who put together the team that achieved the ONLY top 5 position in over 30 years is crap

That is also a fact by the way. Quite incredible the amount of people who ignore facts and exercise an  "opinion"  instead. How stupid, and how sad.]

Gordon Lee left Newcastle for Everton, because he was too good for Newcastle, and Everton acted like a big club while we didn't.

As sad as it seems I'm desperate to get on TV.  The scenario would be that he interviews me about who I'd want.  However, just as he asks the questions, and assuming its being broadcast live, I gurn at the camera, then preceed to speak absolute twaddle, insisting that we bring back Gordon Lee as manager (I wasn't alive, but I've heard he was cack!)

if you weren't alive, I suggest you look at the league tables. If anything, I feel sorry for the person who told you that the person who put together the team that achieved the ONLY top 5 position in over 30 years is crap

That is also a fact by the way. Quite incredible the amount of people who ignore facts and exercise an  "opinion"  instead. How stupid, and how sad.]

Gordon Lee left Newcastle for Everton, because he was too good for Newcastle, and Everton acted like a big club while we didn't.

Absolutely true about Lee, NE5 - we were on the brink of actually achieving something with Lee but the Board, unhappy with the disruption being caused by unnecessary visits to Wembley, and the cost of extra policing when we started getting full houses, acted without any delay and hastened the departure of the main culprit, Mr Lee, to Everton - all credit to them ; after all, we don;t want the calm ,match-day atmosphere disrupted by excitement, do we...!!???

As sad as it seems I'm desperate to get on TV.  The scenario would be that he interviews me about who I'd want.  However, just as he asks the questions, and assuming its being broadcast live, I gurn at the camera, then preceed to speak absolute twaddle, insisting that we bring back Gordon Lee as manager (I wasn't alive, but I've heard he was cack!)

Absolutely true about Lee, NE5 - we were on the brink of actually achieving something with Lee but the Board, unhappy with the disruption being caused by unnecessary visits to Wembley, and the cost of extra policing when we started getting full houses, acted without any delay and hastened the departure of the main culprit, Mr Lee, to Everton - all credit to them ; after all, we don;t want the calm ,match-day atmosphere disrupted by excitement, do we...!!???

:clap:

and all because he [correctly] sold Supermac. [which he now admits himself was the right decision, as his career was over 3 years later, and he knew at the time that his career would finish early]. Quite incredible that so many NUFC fans ignore all of this.

I thought one or two people would have had something to say on this ie those who think the board at this time were "just the same" as those we had who competed at the top end of the first division and regularly qualified for europe