Definitely Ashley - "I want our team to be admired for brilliant football"

nufc4eva

How people can be so anti-Ashley after all he's done for us is beyond me. Quit being so cynical.

How can you be quite so spell-bindingly naiive?

I think he has a point to be fair, in the end its the best thing to do for him and the club, but irrespective he deserves credit for it anyway.

This is a bloke who's made £1.6bn. Do some folk really think he's in this for the poxy few million he can (potentially, and only if we're bloody good) make out of Premiership football? :lol:

Exactly - Man U who are on a different planet to us made £25m profit after winning the league - we'd have to become as big globally as they are and do it for 10 years in a row for him to make money.

Feasible?

"Let's get this straight. I paid £140million to buy this club.

"I've also paid off £100million worth of debt so today this club doesn't owe a buck to anyone.

"And I also gave Sam funds for new players.

"Yet I've been hammered by certain people and for what?

Playing the martyr eight months in. 

Acting like we're a charity case and he's done us a big favour.

we were and he has

He hasn't paid OUR debt off, he's paid HIS debt off. He hasn't given US any money. He's invested it in HIS business, from which HE will get the profits.

Falling hook line and sinker for the old Shepherd guff.

Fuck off, knacker.

If you're on a fishing trip the well done, i'm here hook, line and sinker. If not then you're just proving yourself to be a mongoloid worthy of the Joey Deacon treatment.

Like Ashley or not he's came in and paid the debt of OUR club, the club WE support. Whether or not its his in name is irrelevant, as he could've quite easily saddled with a tonne of debt and played us like the Glazers and the Hicks of this world did with their clubs. If he gets the profits off the pitch then we'll get them on it. Man United made have just made the largest profit in their history and they did iy by being good.

Anyone can see that success = money. Ashley is a very savvy guy and will know as much.

So he's now apparently paid off all of the debt?! Bloody hell.

He's going to get much more hands on?! Bloody hell.

All he wants to do is play attacking football and win trophies. Bloody hell.

Obviously actions speak louder than words, but the prospect of this combined with Alan Shearer at the helm has me wetting my kecks.

Shearer?

Here's how I feel about Shearer ... I think he would be a good manager but as far as buying players goes I think he would struggle massively.

I think Shearer would be the sort to always go after Brits. Shearer would have bought someone like Smith too.

Does he really have the knowledge of world football that will allow us to get the best players we possibly could to the club?

That would be my biggest worry.

Hasnt exactly got contacts either, would take ages for him to set up a world wide scout system.

The head of scouting Paul Montgomery is one of the most respected club scouts in Europe & is putting a team scouts georpahically spread across UK & Europe.

Not one of Allardyces men is he?

I think he may of been brought back to the club by Sam but he is not what I would class as a Sam man. He is geordie & has worked for us underJim Smith & Bobby Robson, he also worked for former Newcastle captian & manager Glenn Roeder at West Ham.

:thup:  Good enough for me.

Maybe he had no other direction to go in, having been rejected by Redknapp, other than to come out all guns blazing, professing himself to be ready to take command of the sinking ship...but even that takes bollocks of steel and having cussed him (and Mort) most of the day, all I can say now is let's see him not just talking the talk and walking the walk but also fighting the good fight. Let's get stuck in and bounce back like heroes.

I do remain somewhat circumspect about the way the last few days have gone though, and the dubious timing of the sacking of Allardyce, even if it needed to be done.

yep top post, hopefully we can chalk down the allardyce and redknapp episodes to inexperience. what's important is that we move on from it.

re the timing of allardyces sacking.........what was dubious or dodgy about it. could we really be any worse without a manager than we have been the last few months with a manager ?

the only problem should be " should he have gone a week or two earlier?"

Well, aye - he should have gone well before Xmas IMO...or otherwise they should have seen what giving him the full benefit of a transfer window could do...but what's done is done, and it's all probably for the best.

I think he deserved those games against Wigan, Derby, Brum and Fulham to show his mettle. He failed. On the flip side, sack him post window, the new man hasn't got any time to buy and they also run the risk of the mongs on Fleet Street saying "they've sacked him because he got beat off Man Utd and Arsenal (twice)."

The more I think about it, if they weren't going to keep him until the summer, this is the only time they could have done it.

Howay man fellas, SSR is entitled to his opinion. While he sulks at the back of the forum, we can have a naive party.

Am I the only one who loves this sort of primal rallying call? Fuck the logic, fuck the worrying, let's just go out there and do it our way.

Sorry for having a different opinion.

To be fair to S.S.R the club is now worth approx £250m now. This is when we are at our lowest. It is his asset and if he wanted to could quite easily make a substatial profit on the club. It would of been in his long term interest not to rob the club of resources by owing to external creditors. interst is after all dead money. The club can now be supported enitrely on its income although by adding his own financial input will help progress the club and add further value to the club with big players, bigger assets.

Obviously actions speak louder than words, but the prospect of this combined with Alan Shearer at the helm has me wetting my kecks.

Shearer?

Here's how I feel about Shearer ... I think he would be a good manager but as far as buying players goes I think he would struggle massively.

I think Shearer would be the sort to always go after Brits. Shearer would have bought someone like Smith too.

Does he really have the knowledge of world football that will allow us to get the best players we possibly could to the club?

Hasnt exactly got contacts either, would take ages for him to set up a world wide scout system.

The head of scouting Paul Montgomery is one of the most respected club scouts in Europe & is putting a team scouts georpahically spread across UK & Europe.

I think he may of been brought back to the club by Sam but he is not what I would class as a Sam man. He is geordie & has worked for us underJim Smith & Bobby Robson, he also worked for former Newcastle captian & manager Glenn Roeder at West Ham.

Here is old interview with him

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/2003/10/07/face-to-face--paul-montgomery-50081-13489332/

Am I the only one who loves this sort of primal rallying call? f*** the logic, f*** the worrying, let's just go out there and do it our way.

After today we should be forgiven.

This of course fits the Keegan/Shearer scenario - in fact lets get Gazza in as well for the hell of it.

Maybe he had no other direction to go in, having been rejected by Redknapp, other than to come out all guns blazing, professing himself to be ready to take command of the sinking ship...but even that takes bollocks of steel and having cussed him (and Mort) most of the day, all I can say now is let's see him not just talking the talk and walking the walk but also fighting the good fight. Let's get stuck in and bounce back like heroes.

I do remain somewhat circumspect about the way the last few days have gone though, and the dubious timing of the sacking of Allardyce, even if it needed to be done.

yep top post, hopefully we can chalk down the allardyce and redknapp episodes to inexperience. what's important is that we move on from it.

re the timing of allardyces sacking.........what was dubious or dodgy about it. could we really be any worse without a manager than we have been the last few months with a manager ?

the only problem should be " should he have gone a week or two earlier?"

Well, aye - he should have gone well before Xmas IMO...or otherwise they should have seen what giving him the full benefit of a transfer window could do...but what's done is done, and it's all probably for the best.

I think he deserved those games against Wigan, Derby, Brum and Fulham to show his mettle. He failed. On the flip side, sack him post window, the new man hasn't got any time to buy and they also run the risk of the mongs on Fleet Street saying "they've sacked him because he got beat off Man Utd and Arsenal (twice)."

The more I think about it, if they weren't going to keep him until the summer, this is the only time they could have done it.

Said this earlier, there wasnt really any other more suitable time to sack him, maybe bignning of Jan but that would still of impeded thewindow.

Shearer?

Here is old interview with him

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/2003/10/07/face-to-face--paul-montgomery-50081-13489332/

Got me at "rejected Barcelona"   :smitten:

Guest bobblyrage

Today has been a disaster, Redknapp turning us down and an absolute humbling. Now is the time for Ashley to show his colours and he has done it.  :clap:

Allardyce has gone, and to get in a top new man we need to project ourselves well, this interview does that. Hopefully off the back of this sort of backing and sentiment we'll get ourselves a good new manager.

Of course these words have to be backed up by actions, the failings of Sam and the actions of the board

have put us in a terrible position, this has to be only the start of Ashleys  response, not the sum of it.

Have to say great words from Mike Ashley. 

100% behind him and his sacking of Sam Allardyce.

Alan Shearer with a experienced DOF Sir Bobby Robson.

:thup:

only words though

It's only words, but words are all he has, to take our hearts away.

To be fair to S.S.R the club is now worth approx £250m now

On what basis?

The shares at purchase were £140m and are now I guess not quoted. The club is worth whatever figure he wants to sell it for. If someone wants to pay £250m then fair enough but I can't see it happening which is why he has to expand it by being successful.

Have to say great words from Mike Ashley. 

100% behind him and his sacking of Sam Allardyce.

Alan Shearer with a experienced DOF Sir Bobby Robson.

:thup:

only words though

It's only words, but words are all he has, to take our hearts away.

That hair of yours is going to your head.