Definitely Ashley - "I want our team to be admired for brilliant football"

nufc4eva

Have to say great words from Mike Ashley. 

100% behind him and his sacking of Sam Allardyce.

Alan Shearer with a experienced DOF Sir Bobby Robson.

:thup:

only words though

It's only words, but words are all he has, to take our hearts away.

put that to music and you'd have a hit

To be fair to S.S.R the club is now worth approx £250m now

On what basis?

The shares at purchase were £140m and are now I guess not quoted. The club is worth whatever figure he wants to sell it for. If someone wants to pay £250m then fair enough but I can't see it happening which is why he has to expand it by being successful.

If we were bought for £140m, and has absolved £100m of debts, wouldnt that be added to the value of the club? A high percentage of that £100m was for stadium debts, which now belongs to us outright, so wouldnt that asset be added to the value?

On what basis?

The shares at purchase were £140m and are now I guess not quoted. The club is worth whatever figure he wants to sell it for. If someone wants to pay £250m then fair enough but I can't see it happening which is why he has to expand it by being successful.

If we were bought for £140m, and has absolved £100m of debts, wouldnt that be added to the value of the club? A high percentage of that £100m was for stadium debts, which now belongs to us outright, so wouldnt that asset be added to the value?

yes and no.....

now the only value is what someone else will pay for it

f*** off, knacker.

If you're on a fishing trip the well done, i'm here hook, line and sinker. If not then you're just proving yourself to be a mongoloid worthy of the Joey Deacon treatment.

Like Ashley or not he's came in and paid the debt of OUR club, the club WE support. Whether or not its his in name is irrelevant, as he could've quite easily saddled with a tonne of debt and played us like the Glazers and the Hicks of this world did with their clubs. If he gets the profits off the pitch then we'll get them on it. Man United made have just made the largest profit in their history and they did iy by being good.

Anyone can see that success = money. Ashley is a very savvy guy and will know as much.

If you actually read my post properly before you had got so angry, you'd notice that I didn't actually say the things he had done were to the detriment to the club. I was taking offence at him expecting gratitude as if he was doing this out of the goodness of his heart.

When his savvy business acumen eventually - hopefully - translates into a team worthy of the fans, then I may kiss the ground he walks. I'm not kissing his arse for a healthy balance sheet.

Actions do speak louder than words and so far he's paid almost £140 million for the club and wiped out more than £100 million of debt, that's some action as far as I'm concerned.  I doubt we were ever going to go mad in this window but now that the debt has been wiped out we'll have 100% of our profit to spend to the benefit of the team, we'll get close to £40 million in May from Sky alone.

f*** off, knacker.

If you're on a fishing trip the well done, i'm here hook, line and sinker. If not then you're just proving yourself to be a mongoloid worthy of the Joey Deacon treatment.

Like Ashley or not he's came in and paid the debt of OUR club, the club WE support. Whether or not its his in name is irrelevant, as he could've quite easily saddled with a tonne of debt and played us like the Glazers and the Hicks of this world did with their clubs. If he gets the profits off the pitch then we'll get them on it. Man United made have just made the largest profit in their history and they did iy by being good.

Anyone can see that success = money. Ashley is a very savvy guy and will know as much.

If you actually read my post properly before you had got so angry, you'd notice that I didn't actually say the things he had done were to the detriment to the club. I was taking offence at him expecting gratitude as if he was doing this out of the goodness of his heart.

When his savvy business acumen eventually - hopefully - translates into a team worthy of the fans, then I may kiss the ground he walks. I'm not kissing his arse for a healthy balance sheet.

Good lad. I'm with you 100% on this SSR. Healthy cynicism is by far the best outlook to have on these sort of things, rather than blind unquestioning forelock-tugging "gratitude" for someone's apparent benevolence.

I don't think that was his tone tbf - I think he was trying to emphasise that he had done something "major" by putting that much money in to show he was serious rather than a figure of fun suggested by his sit with the fans image.

I would stop short of kissing his arse but us being a debt free club is worthy of some gratitude I feel.

On what basis?

yes and no.....

now the only value is what someone else will pay for it

Which would surely start at the approximate value that has been invested into the club to acquire it in its debt free state? Maybe? :undecided:

I would also add that despite their "geordie nation" bollocks the Halls were in it to make money which in the end they did. However if we had won the title in 96 who would have given a flying fuck?

Actions do speak louder than words and so far he's paid almost £140 million for the club and wiped out more than £100 million of debt, that's some action as far as I'm concerned.  I doubt we were ever going to go mad in this window but now that the debt has been wiped out we'll have 100% of our profit to spend to the benefit of the team, we'll get close to £40 million in May from Sky alone.

To be fair, i didnt think with Allardyce at the helm we would of spent much, but if a new manager gets appoonte before the end, imagine big funds will be released in order to make the squad his own.

Which would surely start at the approximate value that has been invested into the club to acquire it in its debt free state? Maybe? :undecided:

That still needs a willing buyer at that price though. As a private asset if all someone is willing to pay is £1 then thats what its worth.

He's not asking for gratitude, he's addressing the people in the media who've slagged him off imo. There seems to be an article every day about him wanting to sell up or how he's a laughing stock for sitting with the fans.

Funny how they don't have a go at the Glazers for saddling Man Utd with £400m worth of debt, or Shinawatra for performing executions on innocent people! Nah easier to have a go at that fat bloke sitting with the thick Geordies. What a bunch of cunts.

That still needs a willing buyer at that price though. As a private asset if all someone is willing to pay is £1 then thats what its worth.

True, but i think its fair to say that it'll now be worth the figure i quoted. Obviosuly technically your're absolutely correct. In the end he's put £250 of his own money into the club to show his intentions, could quite easily of made the club pay it off its self. Deserves gratitude for putting our financial future at ease, i appreciate him for that reason alone.

I don't think that was his tone tbf - I think he was trying to emphasise that he had done something "major" by putting that much money in to show he was serious rather than a figure of fun suggested by his sit with the fans image.

I would stop short of kissing his arse but us being a debt free club is worthy of some gratitude I feel.

Being debt-free doesn't affect the fans. If the efficient running of the club's finances eventually results in higher revenues which are invested in higher quality personnel, which in turn results in better performances on the pitch - then it affects us.

Hasn't happened yet. I'll be grateful when it eventually - hopefully - does.

Being debt-free doesn't affect the fans. If the efficient running of the club's finances eventually results in higher revenues which are invested in higher quality personnel, which in turn results in better performances on the pitch - then it affects us.

Yeah, Luton fans aren't being affected at all mate.

Er, it'd affect us if we were to go the way of Leeds because of debt problems.

I'd echo Wullie and also say that the sneering way they say he's a typical toon fan etc could come back to haunt them if he does take control and puts all his business acumen and money to work for us a la article.

Yeah, Luton fans aren't being affected at all mate.

Or Leeds. Or the Mackems but for the Irish mafia.

This might sound like a stupid question, but what would fans rather see: us performing solidly and efficiently like Chelsea winning a fair amount, or with style and verve, like Arsenal but not winning as much?

He's not asking for gratitude, he's addressing the people in the media who've slagged him off imo. There seems to be an article every day about him wanting to sell up or how he's a laughing stock for sitting with the fans.

Funny how they don't have a go at the Glazers for saddling Man Utd with £400m worth of debt, or Shinawatra for performing executions on innocent people! Nah easier to have a go at that fat bloke sitting with the thick Geordies. What a bunch of c***s.

:clap:

This might sound like a stupid question, but what would fans rather see: us performing solidly and efficiently like Chelsea winning a fair amount, or with style and verve, like Arsenal but not winning as much?

I must be honest, I really don't know how to answer a question like this. Particularly as Arsenal have been more successful than Chelsea in the last decade.

Either, they both win plenty.