Pace set to pick up?

Dave

The shortlist

The imminent return of owner Mike Ashley from a business trip to the Far East will see him join Chairman Chris Mort in meeting potential new managers and their agents, after a shortlist was agreed upon.

No time limit is being imposed on making an appointment and it's claimed that both British and continental managers are under consideration - with an English speaker a must.

However opinion continues to differ in the press as to whether any further contact with Alan Shearer and his representatives has been made since last week.

Need the next guy in pretty soon iyam. No later than the weekend.

What happened to "He must be British" ?

There's no quotes.

None here either to be fair. I think everyone realised that was far too short-sighted to be true though.

Can't decide if I'm still excited by all this, more anxious now. Massive decision.

There's no quotes.

None here either to be fair. I think everyone realised that was far too short-sighted to be true though.

Can't decide if I'm still excited by all this, more anxious now. Massive decision.

I am very nervous.

The way this process has gone - with complete silence from the Club and random speculation from all and sundry and in the press - I'd expect an announcement to be sudden and decisive.  Remarkably, Mort and Ashley seem to have kept everyone's lips sealed on the issue, so it would not surprise me to see an official announcement completely out of the blue as soon as tomorrow, but anytime really. 

There's no quotes.

I have said this all along - if they get this one wrong, the club is in DEEP do-do ; a relegation battle will beckon if we fail to beat Bolton & Boro at SJP as we are only 6 points in front now...

Whilst I can understand that they are reviewing all options, they should have done that before firing Allardyce because time is now of the essence.

If we stay out of trouble the club can make real strides next season, but if we get drawn in to the relegation scrap and lose, they might as well sell SJP to Morrisons because I reckon there will be a real drop-off in Season Ticket sales.......

There's no quotes.

I have said this all along - if they get this one wrong, the club is in DEEP do-do ; a relegation battle will beckon if we fail to beat Bolton & Boro at SJP as we are only 6 points in front now...

Whilst I can understand that they are reviewing all options, they should have done that before firing Allardyce because time is now of the essence.

If we stay out of trouble the club can make real strides next season, but if we get drawn in to the relegation scrap and lose, they might as well sell SJP to Morrisons because I reckon there will be a real drop-off in Season Ticket sales.......

Depressed?

I'm bored of all the speculation already. I hope they sort this out by the weekend.

I think Villa were in a worse situation than us before they got a new owner and Martin O'Neil. We just have to get through this, and hopefully get a decent manager and we'll be fine.