Newcastle United 4 - 1 Stoke City - 16/01/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

What's Le Tissier's problem with Newcastle? Commented that Emre had to go, Eustace might have needed a talking to, Stoke had the majority of the game early and scored the best goal. Said it was a shame their goal wasn't a winner!!!!!!

Wanka.

Idiot, did you actually listen to him?

Oh, and Emre DID have to go.

Some people give NUFc fans a bad name.

No he didn't have to go

Yes, he did. Stop with the NUFC thing, and judge it dispassionately.

We should be pointing the finger at Rennie. If he had punished the Stoke kid, Emre wouldnt have felt like he had to do it himself.

Not a great reaction by Emre hbut we all know what its like when we feel justice hasnt been served

What's Le Tissier's problem with Newcastle? Commented that Emre had to go, Eustace might have needed a talking to, Stoke had the majority of the game early and scored the best goal. Said it was a shame their goal wasn't a winner!!!!!!

Wanka.

Doesn't help when some call people idiots either mind.

Wanka.

No he didn't have to go

We should be pointing the finger at Rennie. If he had punished the Stoke kid, Emre wouldnt have felt like he had to do it himself.

Not a great reaction by Emre hbut we all know what its like when we feel justice hasnt been served

If the shoe was on the other foot, we'd be livid if Emre wasn't sent off. Its not his job to take the law into his own hands, he was wrong, stupid, and should have been dismissed.

Yes, Rennie is a wanker, but its not Emre's job to do what he did.

Given  7 - did ok but is very dodgy these days

Carr  7 - motored down the wing, good passing

Cacapa 7 - did well against a white meathead like, good headers but needs to stop diving in

Taylor 7 - same as cacapa except he doesnt dive in

Enrique 8 - looks so confident on the ball and is not afraid to take players on, good passing, stands up well

Duff 8 - good passing, running and a brilliant finish. still needs to pass earlier though

Zogger 8 - played some nice balls and some good runs, loves running with the ball

Milner 8 - some good crossing and some bad, nice finish

Emre 6 - was playing quite well until he got sent off, wasn't a sending off like

Owen 8 - made some good runs and scored a typical owen goal, brilliant awareness also

Viduka 7 - good control and brought players into play

Wanka.

Doesn't help when some call people idiots either mind.

You're right, and i apologise, but when there's THAT much blinkered shite in someones statements, is hard to be rational.

Wanka.

No he didn't have to go

No, he shouldn't have got sent off, get over it ffs

Cacapa 7 - did well against a white meathead like, good headers but needs to stop diving in

Enrique 8 - looks so confident on the ball and is not afraid to take players on, good passing, stands up well

Duff 8 - good passing, running and a brilliant finish. still needs to pass earlier though

Zogger 8 - played some nice balls and some good runs, loves running with the ball

Emre 6 - was playing quite well until he got sent off, wasn't a sending off like

Owen 8 - made some good runs and scored a typical owen goal, brilliant awareness also

You were clearly there. Have you seen the sending off since?

Wanka.

No he didn't have to go

Fucking hell. Was a clear red, get the toon googles off, you clearly need to see the replay if you were actually at the game.

Wanka.

No he didn't have to go

Yeah he should, but NO, you're right, he's an NUFC player, it can't have been deliberate!!!

ffs.

You were clearly there. Have you seen the sending off since?

yeh and i still don't think it's red

Ok i've seen it again and i admit it is a red card  :blush: :thup:

I still think it was unfair though because they should have had someone sent off before that imo.

Guest The Corner

Song name needed:

Kevin Keegan on the bench, Alan Gowling, Terry hibbert... an N, an E, a double-U, C....

Just search for Harry Palmer, or Toon Army Tunes i think it was on, apologies if this has already been answered later on

I still think it was unfair though because they should have had someone sent off before that imo.

So its unfair that Emre got sent off for a CLEAR red card offence?

I think what he's asking for is a bit of consistency from the ref.

Anyway, I'm wondering what our center midfield will look like come Saturday. So obviously Duff and Milner stay wide but who's going to partner Zoggy in the middle? I actually can't think of anyone now, might have to push Roz up or something.

Anyway, I'm wondering what our center midfield will look like come Saturday. So obviously Duff and Milner stay wide but who's going to partner Zoggy in the middle? I actually can't think of anyone now, might have to push Roz up or something.

Consistency would be good (albiet unlikely, Rennie is only beaten by Winter as the worst PL ref for years), but the fact remains that Emre got what he deserved. He was fucking stupid, and he shoudl have got sent off, regardless of anything else. He's pid to play football, not get sent off.

Guest The Corner

Song name needed:

Kevin Keegan on the bench, Alan Gowling, Terry hibbert... an N, an E, a double-U, C....

Just search for Harry Palmer, or Toon Army Tunes i think it was on, apologies if this has already been answered later on

Harrys Geordie Melody its called on Toon Army Tunes, if its the one i think it is

Roz's best position is in midfield by all accounts.  Don't think we've got much choice TBH and, regardless of all the current Keegan hype, I'm concerned we might get overrun in the middle with just Roz and Zoggy in there.