Media trying to stir bad blood with Owen/Keegan already?

Rich

Guest Ridzuan

Owen is far matured and more professional now.Im sure he,as well as Keegan will want to forget any rivalry they had in the past and start a new and fresh relationship.It will all depend on how well we are going to do for the rest of the season.If it is not going too well,then I expect Owen's name to be link with another club in the summer,unless he is injured of course,and if everything is going as plan,I dont expect him to leave and I dont want to see him leaving either.

Guest Deep456

Good, now don't let the door hit you on the way out injury prone over paid over rated little prick.

100% agree. Get him to f***.

Lol.

Owen is our best forward player by some distance.

We always knew he was the best in the box striker around but watching him first hand (albeit not often enough) lets you see how good his hold up play is and his abiliity to bring others into play.

Dredging up lines from his autobiography is today's little press stir.

Keegan will love Michael Owen and I'm sure Owen will love playing in a Keegan team.

There are some other quotes in Owen's autobiography that justify Keegan's actions if you consider the state of England in 2000.

Basically, Owen says that Keegan wanted Owen to play deeper and link midfield and attack. Keegan spent hours in training with Owen working on this, working on his flick-ons etc. However, Owen was never fully comfortable with his new role, and Keegan shatterred his confidence by telling him that he wouldn't get into other teams.

You could argue though that Owen's link up play improved after this time, and that Owen was one of the better players at Euro 2000.

Keegan and England weren't right. He couldn't get the best out of his best players, because he couldn't bring in individuals that could unlock the attacking talents of others. Owen and Shearer couldn't combine, but their talents could be used if England pressed up the pitch and bombarded the opposition, but without a left winger, and Beckham preferring to play deep, that never happenned, so England needed Owen to drop deep just so that Scholes, Beckham and whoever was on the left wing and cutting inside were able to join the attacks.

What I'm trying to say is that Keegan had to be very tactically astute if he was to find balance in the England attacks, as he had to make do with a group of completely unbalanced individuals, and couldn't bring anyone in from the outside like he would have done at a club.

Owen and Keegan at club level is a different prospect. Keegan will identify Owen's important goal threat, and try and get the individuals into the team that are able to unlock his ability, preventing Keegan from becoming too tactical and getting Owen to work hard in other areas to compensate for the shortcomings of others.

This is why you should never release books when you're still in the game.

Never know who your next boss or teammate will be.

Tbf though, i bet he thought no one would read it.

Probably full of pictures of horses and plaster casts.

LOL nice one.

He'll always be the white elephant to me, after the whining to Ericsson, drying his eyes with £50 notes, and promptly going on the sick after the 3-2 Argentina game.

Guest scott076q

Good, now don't let the door hit you on the way out injury prone over paid over rated little prick.

Couldn't agree more tbh.

He made himself look like a right arse hole dressed in tweed at the races while he was laid up, his book was shite an all.

Guest scott076q

One day down the line if Moyes got the Man Utd job (not likely I know), do you think they'd ram the fact Rooney slagged him off when he left down our necks? Not likely.

Rooney and Owen are not in the same league, literally they are but in terms of talent and drive............Owen would rather be at the races trying to look like a Gentleman Jim wannabe or "talking" about how he is "little & nippy".

Guest scott076q

So let's get this straight. Everyone hates Owen and Shearer?

Bet top players are lining up to get into this club!

I like Shearer and he has earned my respect, Owen hasn't even earned his wage packet.

If Owen starts scoring the amount of goals a £100,000 a week striker should be then fair enough but i don't think he ever will and their are better options out there.

Ironic that you have Martins in your avatar tbh

How's it ironic? Martins has been scoring goals while playing in a team that does nothing to help him play to his strengths, he doesn't get paid nearly as much as Owen and has brought some excitement when the chips were down.

Guest Micktoon

What the fuck has Owen done to have such hatred aimed at him by people. Oh yes, I forgot. he deliberately got himself injured! If he stays fit he'll score goals, consequently saving us a bundle. Why every fucker hero worships martins and gives Owen stick amazes me. Martins has done fuck all all season and yet is still giving a bloody standing ovation when he comes off, Owen misses a chance and its all "fuck off back o liverpool you scouse cunt". Have a word with yourselfs, or would you prefer Billie whitehurst back?

If Owen starts scoring the amount of goals a £100,000 a week striker should be then fair enough but i don't think he ever will and their are better options out there.

Ironic that you have Martins in your avatar tbh

Being a regular on Toontastic, you may not be familiar with the 'Big bad Michael Owen keeping little innocent saviour Oba out of the team despite the fact that Owen murders babies, while Martins scores seventeen hattricks every game' phenomenom we have on Newcastle-Online whenever Martins isn't picked.

Not that ironic given that Martins earns less, has played more games despite being here less time and i believe has a better goals to game ratio.

I think Owen'll do great under Keegan and i think he's a better striker than Martins due to his clever runs, but there is absolutely no irony there.

Don't see why it's always a fucking contest between Owen and Martins on here like. They both were on our books last time I checked and I could see KK utilising both, especially at home. And while I can understand some of the frustration aimed at Owen some of the adulation aimed at the decidedly average Martins never ceases to amaze me.

Guest Micktoon

Now for fucks sake everyone.

New day,new fucking start. Lets get behind everyone in the shirt, that includes Michael Owen.

I see no irony. Martins has been fit the majority of his career at NUFC and has scored some rather important goals, especially last season.

Maybe i need to redefine what irony means?

Ironic following his comments about the amount of goals Owen should score for the amount he is costing.

Martins doesn't justify his transfer fee or wages either.

See, irony.