How long have you supported NUFC?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the earliest thing i can remember is shearer signing, so im thinking properly since then. before that i dont think i was really into football that much. i would of being about 8 or something

same adam with the mackem relatives... dad and brother  ;D :frantic:.. uncle knew rob lee pretty well though, so i got took to the training ground when it was in durham a fair few times (live about 5mins from it) which then got me hooked.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Born 87, can't remember my first game, just always remember being mad about Newcastle.  I can remember some UEFA cup games, and games in the league against Leeds United, when they had Thomas Brolin up front.

Hahahah rang my grandad to talk bout keegan and he mentioned about when me and him went to the unveiling of shearer, he said I didnt want to go as I thought I was actually going to meet him and I didnt know what to say. My Mackem relatives are only aunties uncles and cousins, always good to poke fun at like.

Guest ryanegg

I think it was the 95-96 season, i still remember watching Kev hanging his head after Liverpool's 4th goal. Fowler's prime. My first game was at Highfield Road, where i was sat with the Coventry fans ( my dad is one) with my kit on and some bloke having a go at my dad for sitting me there with them, i was only 6!

Me father was born on Tyneside,  so it was natural, Im so old now I can remember Keegan being a villain  ( scoring for Liverpool in the fa cup) he made me cry :rant: Im proud to say me boy supports em too  ;D :clap:

Born 87 in the midlands, the offspring of an exiled geordie and a softy southerner.

Thankfully my gran got me into the toon, early 90's I'd say.

I'd admit I haven't been much, but when I have it's been amazing.

Just need to get myself through this uni course and I can look at moving up to newcastle and getting a job (and a season ticket of course!) :)

Guest criminalz

i was born in the mid 70s...

From this region of the world, we dun get a lot of football matches screen here.

I remember the first time i watched NUFC. John barnes was playing...pretty good...old though.

dun quite remember the manager then.

Love the way they played, the "i just wanna attack" style. and also the impression i got when the camera pans out...the fans!! crazy! and loving every min of it.

ever since, i am a Newcastle fan. cried when we lost the 12pts lead, laugh when we trash man u, smile when got bobby robson, despair when we got souness and almost suicidal when titus got the ball.

Stick by Newcastle all way...

In my country, unlike when you stay in newcastle, your frds and neighbours are most prob newcastle fans too, over here, most its manure or liverfool fans and up to recently, arse and chelski fans. Constantly got shit from them, but i still hold on to the belief. The belief that our time will come and when it comes, we will KICK ASS!!!

Just Newcastle for me.

The first games I watched were Robson's last, right before Souness was appointed.  I know thats not very long, but I think I deserve some credit for sticking with the team having only known souness, roeder, and allardyce.

Guest interceptor

Was born in Warrington, so smack bang in the middle of Manchester and Liverpool.....and i HATED football.

I hated playing and watching it. Was always last to be picked when playing at school and I found the whole thing tedious....

Then in 1997, I moved upto Newcastle, and slowly but surely, the passion of the city for the football team started to infect me (in a good way!)

I think, mainly from feeling sorry for the fans at first that they had gone so long and came so close to glory without actually winning anything, I became more and more a Newcastle fan. And now I absolutely love it. I can't get enough.

So much so that last year I took the plunge and became a fully fledged Season Ticket Holder :)

and you would have to wrestle it from my cold dead hand for me to give it up....

Since watching Jim Iley,Gordon Marshall etc etc and the game that stood out for me was when climbing the steps up the Gallowgate end,standing behind the goal and seeing Martin Chivers bang one in against us for Southampton then the following week get sold to Spurs for £125,000 ( record transfer fee).Other game was watching Leeds at home when they were the greatest thing since sliced bread with Bremner,Lorrimer and Jordan with Sprake as keeper 50 or 60,000 lock out at 1.30pm boxing day when the game didn't kick off until 3.00pm.

2002 :lol:. Didn't like football before then.

Same

Thirded. Born in 86. Was a Basketball/Baseball man before then, World Cup being held in my country turned me around.

"Chose to support" (I realize that term itself may seem a bit foreign to the natives here) Newcastle because I was enamored with the idea of Alan Shearer: a living legend, leading the line and symbolizing everything the club stood for.  My two greatest regrets in life are being too young to have ever seen Freddie Mercury in concert or Alan Shearer at SJP in his prime.

First trip to SJP in 2007 (couldn't afford travel costs before then), been to two games so far.

Yet to see a goal socred, much less a win, at SJP. Two matches I went to were Man City(06-07) and Liverpool(07-08)  :kasper: