The truth the soccerphobes refuse to face

BlueStar

"Soccer apologists say the reason it is not popular in the US is because the US is not any good at that activity. The US soccer team won the World Cup in 1991 and 1999. Better find another reason."

:lol: What?

Womens World Cup, I would imagine.

"How long is a soccer game? It depends on the whim of a referee, depending on how much money he has bet."

"Soccer is not engaged in competitively. As we've seen, most soccer games end in ties. Both teams lose.

Thus, soccer is not a sport."

:rolleyes:

from soccersucks.net

Guest fatshaft
Soccer appeals to the average and to the below average. Thus, it has an instant constituency for its popularity. Too weak or slow to play football? Participate in soccer. Too short or slow to play basketball? Participate in soccer. Lack the hand-eye coordination necessary to hit a baseball or the agility to stickhandle thru traffic? Participate in soccer. Lack basic motor skills? Participate in soccer.

Guest elbee909

Soccer appeals to the average and to the below average. Thus, it has an instant constituency for its popularity. Too weak or slow to play football? Participate in soccer. Too short or slow to play basketball? Participate in soccer. Lack the hand-eye coordination necessary to hit a baseball or the agility to stickhandle thru traffic? Participate in soccer. Lack basic motor skills? Participate in soccer.

Laughable cuntoid opinion.

speaking as a yank who can appreciate both kinds of football, i'll say that one reason why sports commentators, columnists, pundits et al. are so negative about soccer is (and i don't think they'd admit it) that since they know practically nothing about the beautiful game, they'd be out of a job if it ever became truly popular here in the states.  there's an obscene amount of money associated with the NFL, NBA & MLB and these guys make very comfortable livings off the ability to sound clever discussing them.  if they had to do the same with soccer, they, well, couldn't.  they've never played the game at any real level of competition, and can't be bothered to try & learn. 

there's certainly a provincial mindset here as well. there are many close-minded bigots who simply can't/won't be bothered to appreciate something different--it's TOO scary!! :rolleyes:

At the end of the day these people are scared by a truly international game that they can't win by default.  They have there insular sports where America always wins and that's the way they want it to stay.  Of course only in America would people have such a strong opinion about something like this and express that opinion in such an obnoxious and frankly insane manner.  I can only imagine how embarrassed sane Americans must be by these idiots..

Guest Hodgson09

I really dislike Americans everything is a World Series, well knock me down with a feather I didn't realize that America was the world dagnamit. I wanted to go to America to see their beautiful countryside but decided against it because they really just piss me right off.

Do I just plain old hate America maybe I just might. Sorry if I offended the few decent Americans but the only ones I see are raving fucking lunatics. Maybe you should vote to exterminate them, use American Idol to attract them. ;)

Oh yeah nothing worse than an American commentating on football, I once watch a Real Madrid game I think the only player they knew was David Beckham.

At the end of the day these people are scared by a truly international game that they can't win by default.  They have there insular sports where America always wins and that's the way they want it to stay.  Of course only in America would people have such a strong opinion about something like this and express that opinion in such an obnoxious and frankly insane manner.  I can only imagine how embarrassed sane Americans must be by these idiots..

you should try playing the game here!  :frantic:  when i was in school the "football" team, with the coach's tacit (but not always tacit) approval would constantly mock, berate & (ludicrously) blame the soccer team for "ruining the field". 

i really don't think it's fear though, just simple laziness about inquiring into something different.  the biggest sports here require massively specialized athletes, both in skill sets & body type. (my wife constantly mocks NFL linemen as being grossly fat and wonders how they can be considered athletes at all.  btw, she's from the cz republic.)    it would require a great deal of mental energy to learn about a sport where every athlete looks just like a regular guy...  :rolleyes:

Guest LucaAltieri

you should try playing the game here!   :frantic:   when i was in school the "football" team, with the coach's tacit (but not always tacit) approval would constantly mock, berate & (ludicrously) blame the soccer team for "ruining the field". 

i really don't think it's fear though, just simple laziness about inquiring into something different.   the biggest sports here require massively specialized athletes, both in skill sets & body type. (my wife constantly mocks NFL linemen as being grossly fat and wonders how they can be considered athletes at all.  btw, she's from the cz republic.)    it would require a great deal of mental energy to learn about a sport where every athlete looks just like a regular guy...   :rolleyes:

Darts must fuck them right up.

Quite funny actually - very typically yank (with apologies to our brother American Geordies-in-support-of-the-toon over there, of course) - they are the ONLY country that can't get away with football, therefore everyone else is wrong, and they're right.

I mean - look at that pathetic excuse for a sport - Basketball - scores into the hundreds - no thanks. Their glorified rounders, and their football - which is played using their hands - that says it all....

you should try playing the game here!   :frantic:   when i was in school the "football" team, with the coach's tacit (but not always tacit) approval would constantly mock, berate & (ludicrously) blame the soccer team for "ruining the field". 

i really don't think it's fear though, just simple laziness about inquiring into something different.   the biggest sports here require massively specialized athletes, both in skill sets & body type. (my wife constantly mocks NFL linemen as being grossly fat and wonders how they can be considered athletes at all.  btw, she's from the cz republic.)    it would require a great deal of mental energy to learn about a sport where every athlete looks just like a regular guy...   :rolleyes:

Darts must fuck them right up.

the only adults i have ever seen play darts in the states were drunk at a bar.    it's paid No attention here.  so, i guess that makes you correct!

SoccerSucks is obviously just trying to push some buttons (and working). That or the author is completely insane. Either way the man is a complete and utter idiot.

As for being embarrassed why should I be. As an American why should I have to answer for that raving lunatic? I shouldn't. At least no more than you should for any of the loonies on your side of the Atlantic.

SoccerSucks is obviously just trying to push some buttons (and working). That or the author is completely insane. Either way the man is a complete and utter idiot.

As for being embarrassed why should I be. As an American why should I have to answer for that raving lunatic? I shouldn't. At least no more than you should for any of the loonies on your side of the Atlantic.

yes!  good point.    miamimag, your table is ready.  :nods:

So the real sports include Baseball, American football. Ok saying as baseball is rounders with steroids and American football is rugby with pads, how are they real sports. The site made me laugh though.