Berbatov

Guest sicko2ndbest

Berbatov is too similar to Rooney and Tevez, what they'll be looking for is a centre-forward to play ahead of those two and not another creative forward so I can't see Man Utd being interested in him now. Chelsea would be the only English team I reckon would be interested in him, and us of course. Although we stand no chance and I personally hope we show our interest elsewhere. He's good but he's not world-class and not worth the money being mentioned. Anything with KK is possible though...

Besides, Chelsea just bought Anelka so I pretty much doubt they would want another striker. On the other hand its Chelsea we're talking about and they sort of buy anything on two legs..

£40m Eto in todays papers for them (if Drogba goes)

Ignore my previous comment then. And here I thought they actually bought Anelka as cover for Drogba. I must be stupid.

Grant wants more strikers, said something like 'a club this size needs more strikers than they have'  i think he wants to play 2 up front whereas Jose just wanted Drogba, anyone else was cover for him.

Anelka is in though because of the ANC so he is covering Drogba, they want Eto if Drogba goes permanently.

Do any of you honestly think Berbatov is a realistic signing? If he leaves Spurs, it wont be to take a sideways step. He was a Shearer fan, not a Newcastle fan. He said he supported Blackburn when Shearer played for them.

Well. Shearer isn't dead, is he? He didn't sleep in a Shearer Newcastle shirt, he slept in a BERBATOV Newcastle shirt. Newcastle supporter.

Under Keegan at least we can console ourselves that he will aim very high where players are concerned. I don't think we are in a position quite yet to attract such high calibre players of course but if he gets us moving again, not only will we become more of an attractive option but a lot of players will want to play for Keegan. Top top players home and abroad.

Be warned, there are now many players, particularly abroad that wont know a thing about Keegan's last spell at the club.

His profile has diminished a bit since then.

Under Keegan at least we can console ourselves that he will aim very high where players are concerned. I don't think we are in a position quite yet to attract such high calibre players of course but if he gets us moving again, not only will we become more of an attractive option but a lot of players will want to play for Keegan. Top top players home and abroad.

Be warned, there are now many players, particularly abroad that wont know a thing about Keegan's last spell at the club.

James, give your head a shake man.

Really, Rozehnal said he didn't know much about Keegan.

Rozenhal doesn't know too much about defending, in fact he doesn't really know much about football fullstop.

Rozenhal doesn't know too much about defending, in fact he doesn't really know much about football fullstop.

I agree

I wouldn't say it's unrealistic to get him like, he does play for spurs hahahahahahahahhahahhaha

Seriously though, say there is a 19 year old Frenchman out there, wanted by numerous clubs. His agent tells him he could work for Kevin Keegan at Newcastle United.

Unless Keegan has turned us to gold again, I can't quite see Keegan having the same pull he once did, as such a player will have no knowledge of the great things he did.

Seriously though, say there is a 19 year old Frenchman out there, wanted by numerous clubs. His agent tells him he could work for Kevin Keegan at Newcastle United.

Unless Keegan has turned us to gold again, I can't quite see Keegan having the same pull he once did, as such a player will have no knowledge of the great things he did.

When has Keegan ever signed unproven kids anyway? He brought players in or just approaching their prime. Talk about inventing scenarios to put a negative spin on things.

I was being serious.

The guy is clueless.

If a footballer doesn't know their footballing history then i'm sure their agent will know a good thing when they see it, if not the player isn't worth having anyway as his agent is a mug.

Not necessarily so.  The Premier League is watched avidly around the rest of the world and that 19 year-old, whilst maybe not remembering Keegan personally, could easily have grown up being entertained by a Keegan team.  So keegan himself might not mean anything to the current bunch of you players, but his style of football could have made a made impression on them.

Manchester United will bve reluctant to sell the England star who slipped through Newcastle's clutches as a schoolboy when Keegan was in charge and made his name at West Ham.

He did not slip through our clutchless though. Carrick was committed to playing for Wallsend boys club, which meant Alan Irvine didn't want to know about him. If anyone missed out on him it was Wegner as he had trial for Arsenal before West Ham.

Be warned there are many agents out there who get a cut of a players wage & is in there interest to get there players to clubs like us who pay big £££'s per week. 

All this s**** about players wanting Champions League football, play for certain managers etc them players are the minority & can do that because in most cases they have the cash in the bank, the vast majority are looking for the biggest contract they can get.

People asking if young players will know Keegan, of course they will.  He didn't leave Newcastle 11 years ago and hide in a cave, he went on to manage 2 other clubs and the national team.

A Division 2 club in their promotion season, a Division 1 club/Mid-table Premiership side, plus an unsuccessful England campaign.

Yes they will know him, but the biggest pulling factor of Keegan is the good old days, and we may find that this pull has diminished in some demographics, particularly under-21 foreigners.

We'll have to wait and see.

People asking if young players will know Keegan, of course they will.  He didn't leave Newcastle 11 years ago and hide in a cave, he went on to manage 2 other clubs and the national team.

A Division 2 club in their promotion season, a Division 1 club/Mid-table Premiership side, plus an unsuccessful England campaign.

Yes they will know him, but the biggest pulling factor of Keegan is the good old days, and we may find that this pull has diminished in some demographics, particularly under-21 foreigners.

As I asked before. How many U21 foreigners has KK ever signed though?

Just the one for NUFC, but that is not to say that he won't want to get a high profile player in the future, as players are emerging at much younger ages than they did in the past, ie Rooney, Ronaldo, Fabregas.

Keegan’s pulling power is the way he talks to people and motivates them, what he did to the supporters at the press conference is what he does when he talks to players, you only have to listen to players he's signed in the past to know why they signed for him.

Keegan’s pulling power is the way he talks to people and motivates them, what he did to the supporters at the press conference is what he does when he talks to players, you only have to listen to players he's signed in the past to know why they signed for him.

Well I was responding to a post that said that Keegan's name alone would have strong pulling power abroad.

Just the one for NUFC, but that is not to say that he won't want to get a high profile player in the future, as players are emerging at much younger ages than they did in the past, ie Rooney, Ronaldo, Fabregas.

Exactly, he's never gone for young kids.

Exactly, he's never gone for young kids.

Did you even read beyond the bit in bold?