Berbatov

Guest sicko2ndbest

Berba is a class act but 30 million is a bit too much IMO. He would make an instant impact as he've got no player who can hold up the ball at the moment(Viduka maybe but he's not good enough at all and soooo slow).

Maybe we should go for Berba's compatriot Valeri Domovchyiski(spelling?). He's very promising forward I think...and 5 times cheaper than Dimitar. I really like Mort's style to bring in promising young players.

On his way to Hertha Berlin so I believe.

can't get a work permit as i said

Does he need one as we're now all brothers together in the EU?

No, don't think so.

Berba is a class act but 30 million is a bit too much IMO. He would make an instant impact as he've got no player who can hold up the ball at the moment(Viduka maybe but he's not good enough at all and soooo slow).

Maybe we should go for Berba's compatriot Valeri Domovchyiski(spelling?). He's very promising forward I think...and 5 times cheaper than Dimitar. I really like Mort's style to bring in promising young players.

On his way to Hertha Berlin so I believe.

can't get a work permit as i said

Does he need one as we're now all brothers together in the EU?

No, don't think so.

we are brothers by convention, so to speak.. but the UK's restrictions still apply for Bulgarians and Romanians, as we're mostly thieving scum..

Guest elbee909

I think he's an absolutely class player personally.

Agreed.  His movement and intelligence are things we're sorely lacking.

Guest Novocastrian

Theres such an elegance in the way he plays...that makes me sound so gay  :cheesy:

But honestly a great player that i would love to see at Newcastle.

I agree the best way to desribe him is to say he "simply oozes class". Makes a mockery of the theory you have to be either built like a brick shit-house or able to run the 100metres in 9 seconds. There really is no substitute for skill and a good footballing brain. Marvellous player.

Watching my Shearer DVD last night and to be honest, his touch, vision and finishing were all superior to Berbatovs for the main.

If Shearer was foreign, in his prime, and playing in the premiership now, people would be chucking their much over him.

Watching my Shearer DVD last night and to be honest, his touch, vision and finishing were all superior to Berbatovs for the main.

If Shearer was foreign, in his prime, and playing in the premiership now, people would be chucking their much over him.

Aye, he was one of the top 3 or 4 strikers in the world at his peak though.

Funny thing is, had he signed for us instead of spurs and started like he did at spurs, 90% of our fans would have wrote him off as a flop.

What absolute twoddle.

People would be chucking their much over him anyways.

It's a shame his peak was before he came here though. Didn't quite have the same movement that he had before the knee operation imo.

It's a shame his peak was before he came here though. Didn't quite have the same movement that he had before the knee operation imo.

Aye we only had 1 year of the real Shearer as such, until he fucked his ankle at Goodison. One thing me and Alex have always maintained he was about 80% of the player after that, just shows how good he was that he still scored all those goals.

Also never seemed to strike free-kicks with the inside of his boot after that injury as well.

Funny thing is, had he signed for us instead of spurs and started like he did at spurs, 90% of our fans would have wrote him off as a flop.

What absolute twoddle.

ok 85%

Aye we only had 1 year of the real Shearer as such, until he fucked his ankle at Goodison. One thing me and Alex have always maintained he was about 80% of the player after that, just shows how good he was that he still scored all those goals.

Also never seemed to strike free-kicks with the inside of his boot after that injury as well.

Shearer at his peak for me was at Southampton and pre-injury days at Blackburn. People who saw him here probably didn't realise just how explosive he was back in those days.

As with Owen, Shearer's physique changed after his injury. Looking at the old displays for Blackburn, he looks at least half a stone lighter and therefore significantly quicker.

Shearer was the better overall package, but you can't say that his touch on the ball was better than Berbatov's. Berbatov is absolutely brilliant in that department.

Shearer at his peak for me was at Southampton and pre-injury days at Blackburn. People who saw him here probably didn't realise just how explosive he was back in those days.

Never really seen much of him at Southampton barring the odd clip as it was a bit before my time.

Scary isn't it what you think he could have achieved, as he was getting a goal a game at Blackburn ever after the cruciate.

As with Owen, Shearer's physique changed after his injury. Looking at the old displays for Blackburn, he looks at least half a stone lighter and therefore significantly quicker.

Shearer was the better overall package, but you can't say that his touch on the ball was better than Berbatov's. Berbatov is absolutely brilliant in that department.

Berbatov is a different player to Shearer, more silky and as you say his touch is sublime. Shearer was more brute force,  probably the best traditional CF this country has produced in recent memory anyway.

Berbatov is a different player to Shearer, more silky and as you say his touch is sublime. Shearer was more brute force,  probably the best traditional CF this country has produced in recent memory anyway.

No he wasn't, Shearer could be just as classy tbh. He was in no way a 'brute force' striker, at least in his prime.

No he wasn't, Shearer could be just as classy tbh. He was in no way a 'brute force' striker, at least in his prime.

I said more brute force in comparison to Berbatov. That means stronger, I don't think many people would argue that.

Aye, Shearer was no 'battering ram' back then but he was immensely strong and you used his strength more than Berbatov does (who is also very strong). If anything, Shearer was less strong after the injury he got pre-season v. Everton even though he was lighter in his prime. Back then he had a very good strength to weight ratio (a testament to his power) and he was pretty nippy too. Pegasus is correct to highlight what a good touch he had but I know what Tron means about Shearer. He was a more in your face type of striker and always played high up the pitch on the last man whereas Berbatov, although not a link player / second striker likes to drift more and come deep etc.