Beckham

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest elbee909

This story is another case of the papers going: 2+2+2+2+2+2+2 = who cares as long we sell some more papers to the thick geordies.

Fuck the bollocks they're coming up with, they'll slag us Newcastle fans off on one hand and then try to reel us in with this kind of bullshit with the other.  Shitecunts!  :rant:

Guest smnewport

If Mike can pull that off, it just highlights how he became a Billionaire at 41. As has already been said, the huge leap in profile around the globe for the club and shirt sales, would make it a financial no-brainer. Just hope it's not all media smoke and mirrors.

I thought all this bollocks would dissapear when he went to America.

Still it would get a few fanboys wet and sell a few shirts or something.  :rolleyes:

Would be a fantastic move IMO!

Commercially he would make us a fortune, his profile would also raise ours as a club throughout world football!

On the footballing side, he would grab the chance to continue to prove his quality in the premiership to sustain his engerland career, and he still has the quality to be top drawer in the prem!

His leadership qualities would be second to none (rather have him captain than Owen!) and he could really develop Milner and Zog (and even Bentley! O0!)

Bring it on!

I wouldn't mind Beckham at the club. My worry is that he could make a big impact he is that type of player,and we would have to leave him go back to Galaxy in March, if their season starts end of March beginning of April then they will want him back way before that. I can't see Galaxy letting him go to us on a permanent deal as they have invested so much.

Guest mobiius

Don't think that Beckham will come to the toon but then again i didn't think mickey owen would. The MLS league starts in April and goes  on till November.One thing to remember is he isn't going to get  an england call up playing in the states,new england  manager and all that.I would take him for 3months even if it was nothing more than a keeping him sharp exercise. We win either way we would presumably get a few more points and it would show how desperate we are for some world class in midfield.Its a win win for the toon whether it will happen is another story.I have a feeling that with Ashley and  co  in charge  there is going to be no more of the leaked  publicity seeking bollocks that there was with the old regime. So after them springing KK on us nothing they do now will surprise me.

If England had qualified for the Euros, I could have seen this happening. As it stands now, I doubt very much he would come for a number of reasons:

He has always said that he would never play for another EPL team.

He doesnt exactly need the money.

Posh and the kids are already adapting to LA life.

He is not one to run away from his commitments.

He has an academy in LA which he attends regularly.

There is simply no downside to this at all.  

David Beckham and Newcastle United FC, a perfect fit (in SO VERY many ways).

-  One of England's best Captains for many years.

-  One of England's most famous (current) players.

-  One of England's most famous football clubs.

-  One of England's biggest clubs (5th richest in UK, 13th in world). A club with an inspirational owner (and billionaire!) and inspirational manager.

-  One of England's biggest grounds (52,000 people per game) and fantastic supporters (limitless in numbers, worldwide these days)

-  One of England's great Regional Capital Cities (Centre of everything, great shopping, Nightlife, Theatres, Art galleries, Restaurants, Architecture to-die-for, etc)

No Downside in this for us.

No Downside in this for him.

I just wonder how many of the "amazing and brainwashed inferiority brigade" ("he won't come here") will comment on here??  What must it be like to be like them, I do wonder at times?

THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO THIS.

A PERFECT FIT ALL ROUND (The City of Newcastle / Newcastle United FC / Mike Ashley / Kevin Keegan / Michael Owen / 52,000+ fans / loadsa money).

SO VERY 'NATURAL'. JUST FEELS RIGHT.

One thing in our favour it seems that Ashley has a big set of balls and will not be afraid of any challenge. What was that comment when he took over about him parking his tank on peoples lawns and not moving until he got what he wanted.

I don't think we can attract the real star quality at the moment but I don't think that will stop Ashley trying for top players.

A but old I don't think he will contribute a good deal on the  field. I dunno off the field though.

A bit old?  Will not contribute much on the field?

Sometimes I cannot believe what I am reading!!

Who helped Real Madrid win the league title a few months ago?

Amazing thought processes (or lack of) revealed on here at times . . .

We could do with someone who can score form a direct free kick, Emre, Zoggy, Milner and Geremi are not t he best at it. Owen would thrive of decent quality crosses from Becks, I would love it to happen but I doubt he would come here, is he still in training with Arsenal?

Guest johnson293

Todays Chronic....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/01/22/keegan-weighs-up-his-options-72703-20378747/

'But reports suggesting that United were lining up an audacious bid for David Beckham were today dismissed by chairman Chris Mort.'

'However, Galaxy resume their Major League Soccer fixtures on March 29, and Beckham will be expected to report for pre-season training five weeks before that date.'

No thank you.

Would cost a ridculas amount to get him here, even more to pay his wages.

Why not just sign Bentley whos got a future in the game, if we are that good at "luring" stars.

Well it was always going to be a bit of a speculative article, but with Mort denying it, it does look like its not an option, however we have seen rumour's denied then happen anyway.

As for Bentley, would love him but like its going to be that easy to get him, he is one young player that will not be on the market not unless we offer a massive stupid fee for him.

Guest mobiius

Todays Chronic....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/01/22/keegan-weighs-up-his-options-72703-20378747/

'But reports suggesting that United were lining up an audacious bid for David Beckham were today dismissed by chairman Chris Mort.'

'However, Galaxy resume their Major League Soccer fixtures on March 29, and Beckham will be expected to report for pre-season training five weeks before that date.'

Aye mate anal also goes on to say that Harry Rednapp phoned him last week and his parting shot was to ask about shola amadonkey  he must of wanted someone to walk his dogs along tynemouth long sands if he got the toon job. But no it was to tell anal why he turned the toon job down and he felt that anal needed an explanation. wouldn't believe too much the chronic says nowadays that FFS has gone and the need for publicity has gone.