Spurs - why do so many people on here hate them?

Rob W

Main reason is spurs fans tend to totally look down on Newcastle United, slagging us for any reason that they can find. They laugh at us for our 'expectations', saying we are not a 'big club', calling us deluded, based purely on transfer rumours generated by London journalists who are becoming more and more farcical. They are always willing to diss our club, stating how 'bigger' of a club they are even though our league position is similar. For me it is always entertaining to watch a spurs fan, who slates us for being 12th, saying Keegan is a joke and we are a joke of a club, whilst claiming that they're team, on 11th and equal points as us is part of Englands 'big 5'.

Guest walkerboy

I've only ever met one Spurs fan that i like and he was from Portsmouth.

i live in portsmouth and have a couple of mates who are spurs fans, TBF they always like to see us do well especially against man utd and arsenal.

Got some family from Herts who are Spurs fans. Canny lads tbf. They love the Toon (the place) too, possibly because their Granny was from up here. That and I don't think they'd ever seen anything like the Bigg Market.

Mind you there's nothing worse than a cockney Man U fan. I used to work with this right wanker from Watford who was a ManUre season ticket holder.

I'd rather cheese grater my own bellend than talk football with him. Prize cunt!

It's the media again. They are the darlings of all the journos. Their defense is worse than ours and has been for ages but it's barely mentioned by anyone (apart from on here like).

If they win something we'll never ever hear the end of it from the scum journalists.

However I have no hatred of their fans at all, and no other fans either apart from Glory Hunting Man U supporters who've chosen to support the Mancs. That's the opposite of us, we're born into it and support NUFC from birth - it's in our genes. Dare I say we're stuck with the Mags whether we like it or not?  :blush:

I am dont hate them. Am a bit jealous of them really. They have had all sorts of issues over recent years and have been a very poor team for a fair chunk but have still had the odd cup success thrown in. That team that George Graham was fairly ordinary but they still wont the League Cup

Another cup final to look forward to again after last night.

Spent 8 years living in the area between Spurs & the Woolwich Nomads, went along to the odd game as my lass at the time was a Yiddo.  Don't hate them, the few Spurs fan's I've chatted with have been alright and said they always look forward to the trip up to Newcastle as they like the city.

I'm going to jump to the defense of Spurs. My dad used to support Spurs and although I have always supported Newcastle, I guess I have been brought up to follow Spurs too. I have always wondered why a lot of people on here hate Spurs or 'Spuds', but after reading a few of your comments I guess I can understand.

'They have swapped positions with us over the last few years'

'Those you have spoken to are c**ts'

'They are deluded with their success and hype'

But to say that the Spurs fans are one of the only clubs renound for calling us deluded about our hype is an overstatement! Every single club in the premiership and probably the other leagues make us a laughing stock whenever there is some form of hype and rumours circulating about our transfer targets, it isn't just Spurs. In fact of the 10 hours a day SSN is normally on at my house I rarely see a negative comment from a Spurs fan about Newcastle. It's always other clubs - so to direct all the hate towards Spurs for that reason alone is unfair in my opinion.

If anything Newcastle and Spurs are similar because of our size and lack of success (amongst all the hype), so is it jealously looming because they have won some silverware? I think we should look past that, because I like the style they play football and I thoroughly enjoy the match last night. I may be biased because my dad supported them, but I don't believe i'm blind to everything Spurs supporters are saying about us.

Personally i'm jealous of spurs at the moment. They have a great manager and a great style to their play.

However, most spurs fans are a bunch of ITK knobs who assume, like scousers, that they know everything about football and we should all listen to them.

It doesn't help when you get toss pots like Martin Jol and King Dawson talk tripe on here either.

Personally i'm jealous of spurs at the moment. They have a great manager and a great style to their play.

However, most spurs fans are a bunch of ITK knobs who assume, like scousers, that they know everything about football and we should all listen to them.

It doesn't help when you get toss pots like Martin Jol and King Dawson talk tripe on here either.

This and the media would probably be my answers.

They think they are massive. A bit like Everton in that they take their status as a big club from their far bigger local rivals. There was an Spurs fans phoning a phone in last week having a rant about how Spurs are a far bigger club than us as they win things. Well know your history you cockney cunt! 4 league championships to 2.

They think the world revolves round London. Cunts!

i'm surprised no one has mentioned the most annoying thing about Spurs

Namely the Chas and Dave penned crime against music that was 'Ozzies on his way to Wembley'

And zee cup for totting hum!

He should take his 'trembley' legs and f$#@ off

Not convinced about Jenas personally. Played well against an inexperienced Arsenal side but superb is overdoing it. Still goes missing in far too many games. Love the war-time spiv Barnet though.

Not convinced about Jenas personally. Played well against an inexperienced Arsenal side but superb is overdoing it. Still goes missing in far too many games. Love the war-time spiv Barnet though.

Jenas is a confidence player, I'd expect him to go on a bit of a run, only to crumble when we play them.