The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

"Luque is not a striker. He is a forward/left winger.

When SOuness bought him, Souness said that he expected him to score 10+ a season but not 20+. I don't think he has anymore future in Newcastle as winger, as we are well blessed in this area. He is going to play more as a forward, and he seems to do well in this position lately." Delima

So I wonder what his assist stats are? bluelaugh.gif

I mean: WHAT DOES HE DO? blueeek.gif

Alternatively his price could drop the longer he stays here (plus we're still paying his wages) a la Viana.

True, but just as likely he could come good if given a chance, no?

I believe (just my opinion mind) that if he gets a good run in the team he'll start repaying some of that fee back.

Maybe but I think there's less chance of him coming good. Just my opinion like. Hope I'm wrong or we at least get some decent cash for him. From what I've seen of him though, I'm not even sure where he should play exactly, seems like a luxury player without enough end product.

I think the chances of him succeeding are slim as well, sadly. I can't see a place for him in the team at the moment for him to get that run of games to prove himself or otherwise.

As much as I want to see him succeed and for us to get some value for our money out of him, I concede we would probably be better off cutting our losses because the only way he's going to show he's a 9.5m player is by starting every game in his natural position (whatever that is ;)) and unless we fail to bring in the strikers we badly need or a major injury happens to N'Zogbia or Duff, I can't see that happening.

The criticism from some fans and the local media is way OTT however in my opinion and the whole feeling towards Luque since he arrived from some leaves a sour taste in the mouth that makes me wonder why we even try to sign foreign players because at the first sign of trouble they become "heartless, money grabbing bastards".

I'm also of the opinion that should we peddle Luque for a big loss, that will send out a negative message to prospective foreign transfer targets not to come to Newcastle unless they have a Geordie nana or something.

Ah, well...

It could be worse, we could have had Shearer, Given and Rob Lee asking for transfers in their prime because they saw the club going nowhere except downwards. Still, we could have replaced them with kevin Kyle, Richard Wright and that lad Jamie McGlen is coming through from the youth teams, then pocket the change.

Why is it a Geordie nana ? Will she be knitting her Geordie scarves for everyone in the trophy stadium ?  :lol:

Anyone but Shepherd eh.

Thought you weren't coming back? Place is full of kids, tossers and foreigners?  :lol:

Mature replies rather than this could still yet raise your standards a bit

Delima,

Christ I'm either reading it wrong or he has no assists over 3 years!!! blueeek.gif bluelaugh.gif

The goals per game is how I imagined it. Around 3.7 per appearance for Depor.

The nature of this quandry I beleive is that La Liga and PL football is miles apart in tempo/time on the ball and roles and postions players take up. The nature of defending in both leagues is miles apart as well.

Guest Howaythetoon

Alternatively his price could drop the longer he stays here (plus we're still paying his wages) a la Viana.

I believe (just my opinion mind) that if he gets a good run in the team he'll start repaying some of that fee back.

Maybe but I think there's less chance of him coming good. Just my opinion like. Hope I'm wrong or we at least get some decent cash for him. From what I've seen of him though, I'm not even sure where he should play exactly, seems like a luxury player without enough end product.

I think the chances of him succeeding are slim as well, sadly. I can't see a place for him in the team at the moment for him to get that run of games to prove himself or otherwise.

As much as I want to see him succeed and for us to get some value for our money out of him, I concede we would probably be better off cutting our losses because the only way he's going to show he's a 9.5m player is by starting every game in his natural position (whatever that is ;)) and unless we fail to bring in the strikers we badly need or a major injury happens to N'Zogbia or Duff, I can't see that happening.

The criticism from some fans and the local media is way OTT however in my opinion and the whole feeling towards Luque since he arrived from some leaves a sour taste in the mouth that makes me wonder why we even try to sign foreign players because at the first sign of trouble they become "heartless, money grabbing bastards".

I'm also of the opinion that should we peddle Luque for a big loss, that will send out a negative message to prospective foreign transfer targets not to come to Newcastle unless they have a Geordie nana or something.

Ah, well...

It could be worse, we could have had Shearer, Given and Rob Lee asking for transfers in their prime because they saw the club going nowhere except downwards. Still, we could have replaced them with kevin Kyle, Richard Wright and that lad Jamie McGlen is coming through from the youth teams, then pocket the change.

Why is it a Geordie nana ? Will she be knitting her Geordie scarves for everyone in the trophy stadium ?  :lol:

Anyone but Shepherd eh.

Thought you weren't coming back? Place is full of kids, tossers and foreigners?  :lol:

Maturity like this you mean? http://z3.invisionfree.com/NUFCforum/index.php?showtopic=1900

Keep contradicting yourself :lol:

Ah, well...

Anyone but Shepherd eh.

Maturity like this you mean? http://z3.invisionfree.com/NUFCforum/index.php?showtopic=1900

Wow! I'm honoured to be mentioned in another forum by two 'adults' who instead of engaging with me, prefer to talk behind my back like a bunch of girls  bluelaugh.gif

Maybe I should have posted more so that Northern Monkey would have beaten himself to death with his laptop, that would have been a service to this forum given the sort of rubbish he posts anyway blueyes.gif

Ah, well...

Anyone but Shepherd eh.

Maturity to reply to a question/point that you understand perfectly but choose not to, is what I had in mind. Whats the betting you still don't respond .....

Maturity to reply to a question/point that you understand perfectly but choose not to, is what I had in mind. Whats the betting you still don't respond .....

See who is talking :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

You keep contadicting yourself mate :lol:  :thup:

When you stop lying, misinterpreting peoples views, harrasing members, hijacking threads, ignoring people's opinions/questions and show you can debate in a mature fashion and not like a bairn with a lip on, then I'll stop ---> :lol: at you.

Until then you carry on taking the piss out of us kids, tossers and foreigners on a board you don't take serious and only post on to educate us all with your wisdom  :roll:

Guest Footsoldier

I suspect you are a foreigner delima. Is this why you are extra sensitive to the fact that we have had a succession of foreign failures over the last ten years and even further back? I listed three or four but if you know much about the Toon you can look at the history and see the list of foreign players that have not worked out.  Must be hard on you.....get over it.

By the way....want to explain why you include Owen, with two serious unrelated injuries as a failure?

When you stop lying, misinterpreting peoples views, harrasing members, hijacking threads, ignoring people's opinions/questions and show you can debate in a mature fashion and not like a bairn with a lip on, then I'll stop ---> :lol: at you.

Until then you carry on taking the piss out of us kids, tossers and foreigners on a board you don't take serious and only post on to educate us all with your wisdom  :roll:

I don't mind  :lol:

Keep reading your books for your 2nd hand knowledge  :lol:

Anyone but Fred  :lol: Anwering my point about selling those 3 players, which you understand quite well what I mean, would be a good starting point to show us your own wisdom and knowledge .....

Serious question BTW

I suspect you are a foreigner delima. Is this why you are extra sensitive to the fact that we have had a succession of foreign failures over the last ten years and even further back? I listed three or four but if you know much about the Toon you can look at the history and see the list of foreign players that have not worked out.  Must be hard on you.....get over it.

By the way....want to explain why you include Owen, with two serious unrelated injuries as a failure?

Whether I am a foreigner does not matter. I have had enough squabbles with Steveintoon or NE15 on whether I am a Geordie, Smoggie or Mackem. Why not I suggest that you are racist, xenophobic, and discriminatory bigot for being extrsensitive towards the failures of foreign players (and completely ignoring the equivalent failure of English players) in Newcastle United?

You can also look at the history of the English players in Newcastle United. Uncountable of British/English/Geordie/NE1-100 academics failed to make it into the first team and prosper. Useless British/English/Geordie/NE1-100 players.

No foreigners. No British/English/Geordie/NE1-100. We need to start playing ET and Alien. Last time i watched the Alien series I thought the creature is quite agile. Shame that Shepherd didn't splash cash to bring him/her/it in.

Maybe you don't know, but Luque has had injuries too!

I suspect you are a foreigner delima. Is this why you are extra sensitive to the fact that we have had a succession of foreign failures over the last ten years and even further back? I listed three or four but if you know much about the Toon you can look at the history and see the list of foreign players that have not worked out.   Must be hard on you.....get over it.

Whether I am a foreigner does not matter. I have had enough squabbles with Steveintoon or NE15 on whether I am a Geordie, Smoggie or Mackem. Why not I suggest that you are racist, xenophobic, and discriminatory bigot for being extrsensitive towards the failures of foreign players (and completely ignoring the equivalent failure of English players) in Newcastle United?

You can also look at the history of the English players in Newcastle United. Uncountable of British/English/Geordie/NE1-100 academics failed to make it into the first team and prosper. Useless British/English/Geordie/NE1-100 players.

No foreigners. No British/English/Geordie/NE1-100. We need to start playing ET and Alien. Last time i watched the Alien series I thought the creature is quite agile. Shame that Shepherd didn't splash cash to bring him/her/it in.

bluesleep.gif

So I wonder what his assist stats are? bluelaugh.gif

I mean: WHAT DOES HE DO? blueeek.gif

Aren't we supposed to judge him for "how he plays for us, not how he played in La Liga"? Two goals in two games under Roeder, good enough reason to start him for the season at least.

bluesleep.gif

:lazy:

I bet NE5 will still have a go at me for posting that smilie... hypocrisy at it's best.

Quality post Ohmelads and coming from someone who actually watches games live from La Liga not via a telly, but live, I trust your judgement 100%.

Now that is a player I want to see in our team.

Fingers crossed.

To be fair I started watching games there after we bought Luque, so I only ever saw him on TV for Deportivo. I always thought he was overrated but still a quality player and I was surprised to see us get him as I thought he'd end up at a bigger club. He's still rated highly over there but a little forgotten about as he lost his place in the Spain squad (not surprising considering he didn't play for us almost all season).

Nowt personal, but you don't really know much more than anybody else about Luque's form in Spain then? You just know of his reputation?

Never claimed to mate, hence why I stuck to the facts.

You say you'd sell him for £4.5m, but what sort of replacement striker do you have in mind for that kind of money? Bearing in mind that strikers are going for very inflated prices at the moment.

I know you didn't make any such claim, others were claiming such information on your behalf.

I don't think I've ever said I'd sell Luque for £4.5m.

Doesn't matter who we get in to replace him, he does nowt.

Of course players can lose it at around 28. Look at Robbie Fowler as a prime example. I still think he's just not suited to our game and will go back home to have a good career in La Liga again.

Fair enough, but Fowler gradually declined. Luque enjoyed probably his best season at 27 just before he joined us. Why would he lose it within a few months at that age?

Attitude.

Guest Footsoldier

I'd sell him for 4.5 mill in a heartbeat, HTL.

Delima....you crack me up. It's so easy it's probably not worth it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyone but Fred  :lol: Anwering my point about selling those 3 players, which you understand quite well what I mean, would be a good starting point to show us your own wisdom and knowledge .....

Serious question BTW

You keep contradicting yourself there, mind you don't trip over that lip on :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Serious question BTW

You keep contradicting yourself there, mind you don't trip over that lip on :lol:

Oh, and ta for coming back, I feared you'd stay away forever like you hinted at. Gotta keep those numbers up. Knew I could rely on you :lol:

Serious question BTW

Oh, and ta for coming back, I feared you'd stay away forever like you hinted at. Gotta keep those numbers up. Knew I could rely on you :lol:

I rest my case.

Serious question BTW

or a sense of humour failure .......  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Serious question BTW

I rest my case.

Another valuable click  :thup: