The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

Have you noticed with the likes of HTL, they never offer praise or constructive encouragement to the players they want out, don't rate or dislike, when they do do well? Agenda? ;)

Eh? What are you on aboot now? Are you deliberately trying to come across like some kind of spoilt brat?

:lol:

Guest Knightrider

I retract my Roeder doesn't fancy Luque statement. I think Luque's problems stemmed from his injury and inability to communicate. It appears right up until the end of the season Luque's English was poor but today he can speak the lingo well enough.

BTW were you at the game yesterday HTL? You'd have been impressed by Luque, who chased down lost causes, won himself two headers and pretty much put himself about. He's not that type of player though and it shows but it's at least heartening to see him try. He even had the Gallowgate singing his name.

I'm even more confident now that he'll succeed if he gets a run of games. I think he now understands what the manager/coaches want from him, what he needs to do for the team and what fans expect of him. Whether he can provide all that game in game out remains to be seen, but in his last 4 appearances he's tried to do those things that are being asked of him and gradually, he's getting there as evidenced by his excellent cameo yesterday, a cameo of skill, pace, bit of strength and determination that changed the game in our favour and almost lead to a comeback.

No, as it happens I wasn't. However, I heard reports on the radio and SSN, so I know as much about it as you do. Apparently.

Ho ho ho, now who's acting like a brat?  You're a parody HTL :lol:

I retract my Roeder doesn't fancy Luque statement. I think Luque's problems stemmed from his injury and inability to communicate. It appears right up until the end of the season Luque's English was poor but today he can speak the lingo well enough.

BTW were you at the game yesterday HTL? You'd have been impressed by Luque, who chased down lost causes, won himself two headers and pretty much put himself about. He's not that type of player though and it shows but it's at least heartening to see him try. He even had the Gallowgate singing his name.

I'm even more confident now that he'll succeed if he gets a run of games. I think he now understands what the manager/coaches want from him, what he needs to do for the team and what fans expect of him. Whether he can provide all that game in game out remains to be seen, but in his last 4 appearances he's tried to do those things that are being asked of him and gradually, he's getting there as evidenced by his excellent cameo yesterday, a cameo of skill, pace, bit of strength and determination that changed the game in our favour and almost lead to a comeback.

No, as it happens I wasn't. However, I heard reports on the radio and SSN, so I know as much about it as you do. Apparently.

Ho ho ho, now who's acting like a brat?  You're a parody HTL :lol:

I don't think you know what parody means, tbh.

Guest Knightrider

HTL do you send threatening PMs to everyone who disagrees with you? Or do you just reserve them for me?

How old are you BTW? I'm 26 man and no I don't want to meet you for a fight.

Although you were right, I am a wanker  :lol:

Guest Knightrider

BTW we are doing a free abusive PM offer today, if you randomly get an abusive PM, you'll go onto the hat for the draw to meet HTL for a punch up at dawn.

tinfoil on

Luque and Roeders have a clash of personalities in the first few weeks.  A (possibly) fit Luque then isn't selected for the remainder of the season.  Luque becomes jaded, Glenn ignores him, believing he can ship him back to Spain for £6m to help fund the purchase of two young strikers at £4-5m apiece. 

Owen gets injured in the WC and Glenn realizes he can't afford to get rid of Luque now.  Sits down with him and tells him what's what. 

Luque appears to be responding well. 

tinfoil off

BTW we are doing a free abusive PM offer today, if you randomly get an abusive PM, you'll go onto the hat for the draw to meet HTL for a punch up at dawn.

Is that by application only or is it random for all members of the formum?

Guest The Fox

Unlike some on here, and there are a few of them about, I prefer to judge players on how they perform in Premiership and top European matches, not Intertoto opposition and friendlies.

As for Luque, his attitude and commitment looked suspect from his very first game, prior to his injury. You would expect a wholehearted effort at least  from a new player from his first appearance.

I expect he will be sold, if not I do not expect him as a regular in the starting eleven, unless he surprisingly gets his arse into gear, which would be welcomed by all if he did that. 

tinfoil on

Luque and Roeders have a clash of personalities in the first few weeks.  A (possibly) fit Luque then isn't selected for the remainder of the season.  Luque becomes jaded, Glenn ignores him, believing he can ship him back to Spain for £6m to help fund the purchase of two young strikers at £4-5m apiece. 

Owen gets injured in the WC and Glenn realizes he can't afford to get rid of Luque now.  Sits down with him and tells him what's what. 

tinfoil off

blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif Do you mean tin hat?

Guest Verlaine

tinfoil on

tinfoil off

Howay man, he's only a fucking bear. Give him credit for managing to type all that.

2 competitive goals in his last 110 minutes...4 in 180 including friendlies for Luque.

One of those was a penalty though. That makes it not good enough. Lets just ignore the fact that a large percentage of Shearer's goals were penalties shall we as that will totally undermine my anti-Luque argument.

Seriously, since Sunderland, I've been impressed with Luque.

HTL do you send threatening PMs to everyone who disagrees with you? Or do you just reserve them for me?

How old are you BTW? I'm 26 man and no I don't want to meet you for a fight.

Although you were right, I am a wanker  :lol:

:roll: Hmm, don't let the truth get in the way, eh.

I agree with your last sentence.

tinfoil on

tinfoil off

Howay man, he's only a fucking bear. Give him credit for managing to type all that.

If you have been reading Blufs conspiracy theories I think a tin foil hat is probably right!

Unlike some on here, and there are a few of them about, I prefer to judge players on how they perform in Premiership and top European matches, not Intertoto opposition and friendlies.

You can only beat whats in front of you ;)

How old are you HTL? apparently you are 98, though I've also heard that you accidentally clipped the 9 while typing your age into your profile.

Why do you ask that all of a sudden? Especially on the open forum, where you're going 'off topic', something frowned upon. Why not send me a PM to ask your juvenile questions, or is it that you revel in the support of other members, who will mostly be happy enough to believe whatever they read from HTT?

How old are you HTL? apparently you are 98, though I've also heard that you accidentally clipped the 9 while typing your age into your profile.

Why do you ask that all of a sudden? Especially on the open forum, where you're going 'off topic', something frowned upon. Why not send me a PM to ask your juvenile questions, or is it that you revel in the support of other members, who will mostly be happy enough to believe whatever they read from HTT?

Howabout we make a deal, I'll stop asking juvenile questions on the open forum when you start giving credit where credit is due.

tinfoil on

tinfoil off

If you have been reading Blufs conspiracy theories I think a tin foil hat is probably right!

Precisely though the more I think about it the less farfetched it seems.