The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

OK. The main difference between Robert and Luque: Robert wasn't utterly shite. He could change a game in the blink of an eye; the only way Luque changes a game when he comes on is by making us EVEN WORSE!

Guest Shotgun Mick
Only on current form. Overall, he is and has been a better player than those listed.

I disagree. He has no value on the pitch. He gives absolutely nothing to the team.

It just beggars belief that we've ended up with what we have compared to what we thought we were getting.

It's absolutely bizarre.

I don't understand, I can't possibly comprehend, how Souness' statement about now having a 'proper' left-sided player matches up to Luque. Did he actually see this lad play? If he thought Robert was half-arsed then what did he see in this idiot? He's even less motivated and has, from what we've seen so far, about a tenth of his quality.

It just beggars belief that we've ended up with what we have compared to what we thought we were getting.

It's absolutely bizarre.

I don't understand, I can't possibly comprehend, how Souness' statement about now having a 'proper' left-sided player matches up to Luque. Did he actually see this lad play? If he thought Robert was half-arsed then what did he see in this idiot? He's even less motivated and has, from what we've seen so far, about a tenth of his quality.

This is the same bloke who bought Faye, who bought Boumsong, who bought Parker and Emre expecting them to be a good CM pairing......

I think the accessment on Luque is damn poor, especially on his mental strength.

He's the type of player that needs other's motivation and his performance is greatly depended on his confidence.

However, I don't think anyone in the team really welcomes him,

and Roeder's treatment is really a joke.

Either try to strengthen his confidence, or sell him earlier, but not play him without proper gameplan, position or instruction.

I am his supporter, but it's better to sell him now. There's no chance to overturn his situation.

I think the accessment on Luque is damn poor, especially on his mental strength.

He's the type of player that needs other's motivation and his performance is greatly depended on his confidence.

Either try to strengthen his confidence, or sell him earlier, but not play him without proper gameplan, position or instruction.

I am his supporter, but it's better to sell him now. There's no chance to overturn his situation.

Rubbish.

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

what does luque actually offer ????

yes, we've all seen the internet compilation of him scoring wondergoals in spain, but maybe someone should put together a new compilation of him lethargically pissing about in a black and white shirt.

he has no pace, no touch, isn't good in the air, has little flair or creativity, lacks energy, seems de-motivated, doesn't seem to read play well and doesn't have any pride in wearing the strip.

i thought he was gash last season, but this season I reckoned I would give him a chance, get behind him and stop slagging him off at every opportunity.

but its the same old, same old again. he is shite.

once again we have paid big money and ended up with fuck all. it does my head in

Rubbish.

So you agree to frozen Luque and finally free release him?

I can't believe that.

Either help to settle his role, or sell him earlier, but not now. Explain what's the problem here.

I just think Roeder doesn't like him I mean if you saw him just before he came on, on the sideline next to Roeder Luque looked really up for it he seemed to be asking a lot questions but Roeder seemed to be ignoring him and thats probably why he'll leave in the January window once we get another striker before Thursday. I just wish Roeder would play him behind the main striker it's obvious he's no lone striker, and a lot of you say he doesn't show any backbone when he is playing but maybe Roeder doesn't give him the direction he needs because maybe Roeder doesn't like him as person which is quite possible, I mean he wouldn't be the first Manager to put his personal feelings before his Managerial.

Either help to settle his role, or sell him earlier, but not now. Explain what's the problem here.

The problem is selling him now would be for peanuts - the gamble being taken is that we give him the chance to up his fee.

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

the best performance I have seen from Luque was when I saw him buying his groceries with his lass in Heaton.

He looked pacey in the aisles, was committed to fulfilling the instructions on his list, was decisive in the frozen food section and was able to glide past other shoppers with ease.

maybe he could pay back some of his transfer fee by winning a few quid off Pale Winton on supermarket sweep....

I just think Roeder doesn't like him I mean if you saw him just before he came on, on the sideline next to Roeder Luque looked really up for it he seemed to be asking a lot questions but Roeder seemed to be ignoring him and thats probably why he'll leave in the January window once we get another striker before Thursday. I just wish Roeder would play him behind the main striker it's obvious he's no lone striker, and a lot of you say he doesn't show any backbone when he is playing but maybe Roeder doesn't give him the direction he needs because maybe Roeder doesn't like him as person which is quite possible, I mean he wouldn't be the first Manager to put his personal feelings before his Managerial.

Okay, let's assume that's not all bullshit, can you explain why he can't control a football?

Guest Kenton Magpie

Those behind Luque now need thier heads checked, you are in the minority, it says it all when yesterday Luque won his first header our lot were quick to sarcasticly applaud the bone idle spanish bastard, time to get rid now, his presence cant be good for team morale and you just know that when he is playing his teammates cannot be arsed to pass to him

No not perfect just that some Footballers are good at contolling the ball and couldn't score goal if they were a metre away from the net. The point is Luque has his good qualities and we should be using them rather than playing him out of position which we are at the moment, IE loan Striker!, which he certianly is not. He won't be used on the wing that's covered by Zoggs and Duff,  I see him playing just behind our main striker not playing the big long balls at him we know he's no good in the air, play to his best attributes  that's all I'm saying.

No not perfect just that some Footballers are good at contolling the ball and couldn't score goal if they were a metre away from the net. The point is Luque has his good qualities and we should be using them rather than playing him out of position which we are at the moment, IE loan Striker!, which he certianly is not. He won't be used on the wing that covered by Zoggs and Duff,  I see him playing just behind our main striker not playing the big long balls at him we know he's no good in the air, play to his best attributes  that's all I'm saying.

Agree with every word! I watch a lot of spanish football, and I remember when him and Henry were my favouret players. I have no idea what has happened to him since he joined us :confused: but give him time.

What realy pisses me off, is how Roeder always has an excuse when Ameobi or Ramage play bad, but says nothing when Luque plays bad. Luque has been very unlucky since he joined us, with injurys and form.

But the luque who I saw in spain was a fast, good at contolling the ball "regardles of what some think" always full of movement and a great crosser of the ball, and a lethel finisher.

But if you look at his scoring and assist record for us, it has been horrible. But have we realy given him a chance? He has started about 10 games for us, and is always played as the lone striker :confused:

He was one of the best "wingers" in Spain at his time at Deportivo.

No not perfect just that some Footballers are good at contolling the ball and couldn't score goal if they were a metre away from the net. The point is Luque has his good qualities and we should be using them rather than playing him out of position which we are at the moment, IE loan Striker!, which he certianly is not. He won't be used on the wing that covered by Zoggs and Duff, I see him playing just behind our main striker not playing the big long balls at him we know he's no good in the air, play to his best attributes that's all I'm saying.

Agree with every word! I watch a lot of spanish football, and I remember when him and Henry were my favouret players. I have no idea what has happened to him since he joined us :confused: but give him time.

What realy pisses me off, is how Roeder always has an excuse when Ameobi or Ramage play bad, but says nothing when Luque plays bad. Luque has been very unlucky since he joined us, with injurys and form.

But the luque who I saw in spain was a fast, good at contolling the ball "regardles of what some think" always full of movement and a great crosser of the ball, and a lethel finisher.

But if you look at his scoring and assist record for us, it has been horrible. But have we realy given him a chance? He has started about 10 games for us, and is always played as the lone striker :confused:

He was one of the best "wingers" in Spain at his time at Deportivo.

That was over a year ago, he's now 28 and should be at his peak but isn't. he's not going to improve. I don't care whether he used to be able to control a ball (which shouldn't be an issue for a 9.5 million pound player), the fact is that he hasn't been able to do that since he came here. Fast? Give me a break, maybe he lost some pace from the hamstring injury but the only reason people ever though he was fast was because he once skinned Salgado (who is slow). He seems to want about 1 minute on the ball everytime he gets it to feet which just isn't possible. He's been in England for a year now, a player of his supposed "quality" shouldn't take a year to adapt. People complain about how he was dropped against Ventspils (first leg) and say it destroyed his confidence.  I don't think he's low on confidence ( he tried a bicycle kick against Ventsplis for god sake) , he's just not suited to the English game and he doesn't want to adapt or try for the team. Instead of using him "correctly", it's better just to not play him at all because he brings nothing to the team. Can't head, can't finish....I DON'T CARE WHAT HE DID IN SPAIN, he's had a YEAR to prove himself (in training as well) and HAS BEEN AWFUL 9 out of ten times he's played. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

I've been defending the lad since he arrived at SJP but the performance against Villa was just pathetic! Most of all he doesn't even look like wanting to fight for a place in the team. Maybe he's no being played at his preferred position but neither is Zoggy and he's not even a regular starter despite being our best player at the moment!

I think we should let Luque go(if it's possible to get rid of him after the latest performances) and I'm even willing to take some loss on him. 5 million would be great under the current circumstances and for that price thre should a few clubs interested in Spain I guess. The money should be invested right away for a new right/left fullback. Preferably for a left back as Ramage or Taylor can do it on the right...

BTW...Why on earth we are constantly being linked for a new centreback as the real problem are the fullbacks? And everyone knows that!

Guest Kenton Magpie

Bramble was woeful yesterday tho, moore may not be much better but Bramble's inabilty not to think before he kicks is nothing but ridiculous