The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

There is no doubt in my mind that we've seen the last of Luque, esp when the likes of Sibierski and Rossi ahead of him on the bench.

Well done Roeder for throwing a 9.5M asset down the drain. If Roeder thought he was that bad, he should have been sold even on the cheap in the last window because guess he is gonna be sold even cheaper and we are gonna lose even more money in January.  Would't surprise me if he is sold under 1M at all.

Yeah, well done Roeder.  It's your fault that Luque's wages and the fact that he is completely shit have made him a non-viable purchase for pretty much any club not willing to take a massive risk on a player. 

The fact is, there were clubs who did came in for him and we presumably turned them down because the offer wasn't big enough. Well guess what, those clubs are gonna come in with an even lower offer in January and this time we will sell less we want to let him go for free at the end of his contract, which all makes a mockery of Roeder's (or Freddy's) decision not to sell him on in the last window. We can debate endlessly bout Luque and whether he was given a fair chance, but what is not debatable is that if Roeder wanted rid of him so bad, then he should have sold him by now instead of keeping him and loose him for even more money in January.

So you know for a fact that certain clubs came in, and if so, why we knocked them back? You must have friends in high places. Or you believe rumours, one of the two.

To answer your question, I have friends in high places  blueyes.gif

If no club came in, then we should have transfer listed him, because that's what Roeder is affectively doing now anyway.

Transfer-listing him would further devalue him in terms of the fee we could get for him imo.

Roeder has affectively transfer listed now that he has been frozen out. The difference is had we done that in the last window, presumably we could have got a decent price after his decent performances in the pre season. In January, he would go for much less seeing as he would have hardly played any game for us.

Decent performances in pre-season??  A goal against Lillestrom you mean?  I don't see anyone breaking the bank because of that. 

Yes and he was arguably also the MOM for that game and had a reasonably good game against PSV. But I'm sure you missed all that and prefer to focus on the last 5-10 minutes he played last season to rationalize your conclusion.

:lol:  If we're including pre-season friendlies, should we not be talking about the goal he scored against Celtic in a testimonial too?  OMG SPANISH PELE!!1111  He looked better than average against Lillestrom and the people that desperately wanted him to succeed went way over the top in their praise of him.  Same against PSV.  Open your eyes ffs.

There is no doubt in my mind that we've seen the last of Luque, esp when the likes of Sibierski and Rossi ahead of him on the bench.

Well done Roeder for throwing a 9.5M asset down the drain. If Roeder thought he was that bad, he should have been sold even on the cheap in the last window because guess he is gonna be sold even cheaper and we are gonna lose even more money in January.  Would't surprise me if he is sold under 1M at all.

Yeah, well done Roeder.  It's your fault that Luque's wages and the fact that he is completely shit have made him a non-viable purchase for pretty much any club not willing to take a massive risk on a player. 

The fact is, there were clubs who did came in for him and we presumably turned them down because the offer wasn't big enough. Well guess what, those clubs are gonna come in with an even lower offer in January and this time we will sell less we want to let him go for free at the end of his contract, which all makes a mockery of Roeder's (or Freddy's) decision not to sell him on in the last window. We can debate endlessly bout Luque and whether he was given a fair chance, but what is not debatable is that if Roeder wanted rid of him so bad, then he should have sold him by now instead of keeping him and loose him for even more money in January.

So you know for a fact that certain clubs came in, and if so, why we knocked them back? You must have friends in high places. Or you believe rumours, one of the two.

If no club came in, then we should have transfer listed him, because that's what Roeder is affectively doing now anyway.

Transfer-listing him would further devalue him in terms of the fee we could get for him imo.

Roeder has affectively transfer listed now that he has been frozen out. The difference is had we done that in the last window, presumably we could have got a decent price after his decent performances in the pre season. In January, he would go for much less seeing as he would have hardly played any game for us.

Decent performances in pre-season??  A goal against Lillestrom you mean?  I don't see anyone breaking the bank because of that. 

Yes and he was arguably also the MOM for that game and had a reasonably good game against PSV. But I'm sure you missed all that and prefer to focus on the last 5-10 minutes he played last season to rationalize your conclusion.

Whereas you can safely base your conclusion on one good game (arguably not MOM), and one half-decent one??

Guest mattymorland

Shola has hit form under Roeder, why drop him for a player who doesnt look to have the apetite?

See, that's my point. He's hit form and still barely fits in a premiership team. You think he's playing well cos you know how incredibly shit he is. His hitting form is losing the ball more times then anybody I can remember and a first touch that goes 8 yards away from him (if he's brought it down well). Looks like he woiuld make a good squad player at Watford.

Age old question but has Luque been given even half a decent run in the team in his preferred position? While I concur that he has been shit, at least he has shown some balls by not legging it, not really whinged in the press and has actually stated he wants to stay. Give the boy 6-8 games tucked behind Martins and see what he can do. Most of all, what I reaaly can't see is how Shola Ame-fucking-obi has been one of the worst players to ever wear the toon top, made his debut SIX years ago, is never going to be our answer up front but doesn't come in for half the beef that others take. So **** if he grew up round here; so did I.

Exactly Ameobi was so God fucking awful for the last 4-5 seasons and yet there are those who are willing to stick with him based on his recent purple patch. Luque plays poorly in bits and parts of matches and he is already being called rubbish despite proving his worth for Depor scoring against top teams. The difference is the former is a Geordie boy and the latter is deemed a 'Spanish mercenary'.

Bullshit.  The difference is that one has shown that he CAN perform in a black and white shirt, the other has shown that he most definitely can't.  The only people using the Spanish mercenary line are the idiots trying to accuse the people that can't see any reason to persevere with the feckless idiot of xenophobia.  I'm not xenophobic, I just don't like watching shit players not try.

Yes he CAN perform in the last 10-15 games after being bullshit for over 100 games ++. Nuff said

The fact that he is still with us after turning in one shit performance after another for six years is a joke. If it was some Jonny-Foreigner they would be long gone....

Shola's still here because the club hasn't replaced him with a better centre-forward/target man type of player. Not his fault though.

Shola has hit form under Roeder, why drop him for a player who doesnt look to have the apetite?

See, that's my point. He's hit form and still barely fits in a premiership team. You think he's playing well cos you know how incredibly shit he is. His hitting form is losing the ball more times then anybody I can remember and a first touch that goes 8 yards away from him (if he's brought it down well). Looks like he woiuld make a good squad player at Watford.

You sound like one of those that will slate Shola no matter how he plays tbh.

Shola is NOT a top half (or even top 15) Premierhsip player. I don;t see how anyone who has watched him play can think he is.

HOWEVER, he is still better for NUFC than Luque.

I just wish neither of the twats were on our books.

Age old question but has Luque been given even half a decent run in the team in his preferred position? While I concur that he has been shit, at least he has shown some balls by not legging it, not really whinged in the press and has actually stated he wants to stay. Give the boy 6-8 games tucked behind Martins and see what he can do. Most of all, what I reaaly can't see is how Shola Ame-fucking-obi has been one of the worst players to ever wear the toon top, made his debut SIX years ago, is never going to be our answer up front but doesn't come in for half the beef that others take. So **** if he grew up round here; so did I.

Exactly Ameobi was so God fucking awful for the last 4-5 seasons and yet there are those who are willing to stick with him based on his recent purple patch. Luque plays poorly in bits and parts of matches and he is already being called rubbish despite proving his worth for Depor scoring against top teams. The difference is the former is a Geordie boy and the latter is deemed a 'Spanish mercenary'.

Bullshit.  The difference is that one has shown that he CAN perform in a black and white shirt, the other has shown that he most definitely can't.  The only people using the Spanish mercenary line are the idiots trying to accuse the people that can't see any reason to persevere with the feckless idiot of xenophobia.  I'm not xenophobic, I just don't like watching shit players not try.

Yes he CAN perform in the last 10-15 games after being bullshit for over 100 games ++. Nuff said

And is therefore preferable to some prick that can't perform and doesn't look like he even wants too.  Nuff said.

with shola only able to play once a week, and rossi blocked from playing in europe luque may still get a few games for us.

my personal oppinion is, that he was never given a proper chance, and i'm affraid that's too late now with roeder's attitude, the player's attitude and the fans' attitude!

would still like to see him play a bit and maybe start getting into gear....

Whereas you can safely base your conclusion on one good game (arguably not MOM), and one half-decent one??

Yes because playing full games or at least a substantial part of a game is a much better indicator than playing 5-10 minutes at the end of a game that has either been won or lost, thought that would have been obvious.

You sound like one of those that will slate Shola no matter how he plays tbh.

Spot on, his record under Roeder is something like a goal every 2 games isnt it? Also games like West Ham although he didnt score he put in a good prerformance

BUT

its because he is so sh*t a 1in2 goal ratio looks good!

with shola only able to play once a week, and rossi blocked from playing in europe luque may still get a few games for us.

my personal oppinion is, that he was never given a proper chance, and i'm affraid that's too late now with roeder's attitude, the player's attitude and the fans' attitude!

How many games woudl you gove him? 6? 12? another season???  bluelaugh.gif

If he was to be played, i'd want to see regular GOOD performances within 5 games. But he won't do that, we know he won't. Because he's not fit for the EPL.

You can argue (to some extent) we haven't played to Luque's strengths, you can argue he hasn't had a fair chance, you can argue he might come good (not neccessarily views I subscribe to) but you can't defend his performances at all and you sound fucking desperate when you point to Ameobi as a way of saying  Luque should stay. Especially when Shola currently looks a far better bet in black and white.

Guest mattymorland

And is therefore preferable to some prick that can't perform and doesn't look like he even wants too. Nuff said.

Well give the "prick" 5 seasons to find his feet and I guarantee he will put together 15 quality games.

How many games woudl you gove him? 6? 12? another season???  bluelaugh.gif

If he was to be played, i'd want to see regular GOOD performances within 5 games. But he won't do that, we know he won't. Because he's not fit for the EPL.

I'd put him on the bench most certainly ahead of Rossi who is gonna **** off after 4 months and put him on in games when Ameobi goes back to comeplete crap standards.

As for wanting to see good performances, once our players stop playing aimless long balls, he'd stand a good chance of playing well. Its not just Luque, even Martins is suffering with the long ball game that we currently employ and his first goal was a result of a defence mix up.

I'm more than happy to see him off if he plays poorly but only after he is given a fair chance with the team playing the ball on the deck

Matty's sig is at odds with his view Shola doesn't get half as much stick as others ;)

It is a funny view, its like saying "why the hell did no-one take the p*ss out of Hitler only having one ball"

Yes I will be soon releasing a book on ways to use Hitler in examples of things  bluebiggrin.gif

Matty's sig is at odds with his view Shola doesn't get half as much stick as others ;)

It is a funny view, its like saying "why the hell did no-one take the p*ss out of Hitler only having one ball"

Yes I will be soon releasing a book on ways to use Hitler in examples of things  bluebiggrin.gif

It's to be called 'How To Devalue Your Own Argument' ;)

Guest mattymorland

What I said was "he doesn't come in for half the beef that others take". How is my sig at odds with that?

It's to be called 'How To Devalue Your Own Argument' ;)

Bringing a mentalist dictator responsible for murdering millions of people and trying to take over the world only adds weight to issue's like "Is Luque actually a good footballer"  tongue.gif

Guest mattymorland

Yes I will be soon releasing a book on ways to use Hitler in examples of things bluebiggrin.gif

Was there somebody else in the Nazi squad with only one ball like?

What I said was "he doesn't come in for half the beef that others take". How is my sig at odds with that?

Apart from the fact the bit in bold is absolute bollocks (did you answer when I asked who gets more stick than Shola btw?) It's at odds because you're singling out a player for criticism (along with the bit next to your avatar) then saying others get more stick. Again, who gets more stick than Shola?