The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

Has Luque learnt to speak English yet? Has Roeder got a translator still? Big issue for me is whether the pair of them can communicate properly.

- "Nobby tell that piece of shit to pull his finger out!"

- "Albert, Mr Roeder is very pleased with your play"

Has Luque learnt to speak English yet? Has Roeder got a translator still? Big issue for me is whether the pair of them can communicate properly.

- "Nobby tell that piece of shit to pull his finger out!"

- "Albert, Mr Roeder is very pleased with your play"

Of course, they've got a pro translator in, totally forgot.

Guest mattymorland

Matty's sig is at odds with his view Shola doesn't get half as much stick as others ;)

What I said was "he doesn't come in for half the beef that others take". How is my sig at odds with that?

Apart from the fact the bit in bold is absolute bollocks (did you answer when I asked who gets more stick than Shola btw?) It's at odds because you're singling out a player for criticism (along with the bit next to your avatar) then saying others get more stick. Again, who gets more stick than Shola?

Before I joined this forum there were 39 pages of grief for Luque who has only been shit for us for a fration of the time, and in a fration of games played than the plank in 23. And while I am sigling out a player for criticism, it's by no means at odds with my sig. It may be at odds with what you're thinking, but it runs hand-in-hand with what I'm saying.

Matty's sig is at odds with his view Shola doesn't get half as much stick as others ;)

What I said was "he doesn't come in for half the beef that others take". How is my sig at odds with that?

Apart from the fact the bit in bold is absolute bollocks (did you answer when I asked who gets more stick than Shola btw?) It's at odds because you're singling out a player for criticism (along with the bit next to your avatar) then saying others get more stick. Again, who gets more stick than Shola?

Before I joined this forum there were 39 pages of grief for Luque who has only been shit for us for a fration of the time, and in a fration of games played than the plank in 23. And while I am sigling out a player for criticism, it's by no means at odds with my sig. It may be at odds with what you're thinking, but it runs hand-in-hand with what I'm saying.

Surely this thread going to 40+ pages means Luque divides opinion. The rest is gibberish tbh.

Surely this thread going to 40+ pages means Luque divides opinion. The rest is gibberish tbh.

If you read it in the style of Eminem then it actually sounds quite catchy ....... but gibberish nonetheless.  :lol:

LUQUE HAS BEEN TOTAL DOGSHIT SINCE HE CAME HERE. (just not suited to the Prem unfortunately like Viana)

SHOLA HAS SCORED A GOAL EVERY OTHER GAME UNDER ROEDER AND MADE BIG CONTRUBUTIONS TO OUR TEAM. Long may this continue.

:cool:

If he was to be played, i'd want to see regular GOOD performances within 5 games. But he won't do that, we know he won't. Because he's not fit for the EPL.

Has he even played 5 games in a stretch yet? NO. If he plays 5 in a go (not alone upfront in a 4-5-1 like his last two appearances) and doesn't put in a performance ala Martins against west ham for at least one of them, and didn't play reasonably well for the remaining 4, fine, then I'll accept that he's shite.

Age old question but has Luque been given even half a decent run in the team in his preferred position? While I concur that he has been shit, at least he has shown some balls by not legging it, not really whinged in the press and has actually stated he wants to stay. Give the boy 6-8 games tucked behind Martins and see what he can do. Most of all, what I reaaly can't see is how Shola Ame-fucking-obi has been one of the worst players to ever wear the toon top, made his debut SIX years ago, is never going to be our answer up front but doesn't come in for half the beef that others take. So **** if he grew up round here; so did I.

Exactly Ameobi was so God fucking awful for the last 4-5 seasons and yet there are those who are willing to stick with him based on his recent purple patch. Luque plays poorly in bits and parts of matches and he is already being called rubbish despite proving his worth for Depor scoring against top teams. The difference is the former is a Geordie boy and the latter is deemed a 'Spanish mercenary'.

[/quote

Bullshit.  The difference is that one has shown that he CAN perform in a black and white shirt, the other has shown that he most definitely can't.  The only people using the Spanish mercenary line are the idiots trying to accuse the people that can't see any reason to persevere with the feckless idiot of xenophobia.  I'm not xenophobic, I just don't like watching shit players not try.

Then why in the fuck do you like watching Ameobi then?

Age old question but has Luque been given even half a decent run in the team in his preferred position? While I concur that he has been shit, at least he has shown some balls by not legging it, not really whinged in the press and has actually stated he wants to stay. Give the boy 6-8 games tucked behind Martins and see what he can do. Most of all, what I reaaly can't see is how Shola Ame-fucking-obi has been one of the worst players to ever wear the toon top, made his debut SIX years ago, is never going to be our answer up front but doesn't come in for half the beef that others take. So **** if he grew up round here; so did I.

Exactly Ameobi was so God fucking awful for the last 4-5 seasons and yet there are those who are willing to stick with him based on his recent purple patch. Luque plays poorly in bits and parts of matches and he is already being called rubbish despite proving his worth for Depor scoring against top teams. The difference is the former is a Geordie boy and the latter is deemed a 'Spanish mercenary'.

[/quote

Bullshit.  The difference is that one has shown that he CAN perform in a black and white shirt, the other has shown that he most definitely can't.  The only people using the Spanish mercenary line are the idiots trying to accuse the people that can't see any reason to persevere with the feckless idiot of xenophobia.  I'm not xenophobic, I just don't like watching shit players not try.

Then why in the fuck do you like watching Ameobi then?

Shola tries and is a better player now than at any time previous in his NUFC career.  I'm not suggesting he's the answer cos he isn't, but he is clearly working on his game and on his strength - he bosses defenders these days where in the past he was so easy to knock off the ball.  I like the fact that he is putting himself about a bit more, and I respect the fact that he has recognised a deficiency in his game and worked on it.  At the minute he's as good a bet as we have and I've got more confidence in him than I ever have had before.

I don't even want to get into Luque anymore cos the bloke just winds me up.  He's shit.  That's all.

Because although shite, at least Shola tries!

If you call the amount of time he has been given in comparison to shola I hardly see your  point

Because Shola works his arse off for the team and if he can just about run he will play through the pain to play for us.

I very much doubt Luque would show the same commitment!

If you call the amount of time he has been given in comparison to shola I hardly see your  point

Because Shola works his arse off for the team and if he can just about run he will play through the pain to play for us.

Maybe so but we'll never know will if Roeder doesn't give him the oppotunity to play the same amount as Shola.

How people are still arguing Luque's cause is amusing, The reason Luque hasnt played is beause he has been shit

Ameobi under Roeder and without Shearer as a strike partner has been very impressive, SBR,Roeder,Shearer and Souness all rated Ameobi highly so he has to have something about him. People need to stop abusing Ameobi all the fucking time and back him, He plays through a lot of pain yet and does deserve a bit of credit if he plays poor then by all means say so but atm he's been in good form so please back him, One things for sure he's got my backing.

I dont claim to be "ITK" but I do know someone who has a mate who works at the club and have heard from quite a few others who claim to be "ITK" that Luque is very lazy in training and also from what people have seen and commented on during warm ups, the way he has been frequently left out/last choice seem to suggest this.

There will be a reason why Luque has fallen out with Roeder, Roeder isnt the Souness type of manager who will fall out with players for little to no reason.

Maybe so but we'll never know will if Roeder doesn't give him the oppotunity to play the same amount as Shola.

Shola has played so many games because for a lot of them he was a kid learning the trade.  That's no longer true, and he probably has played more games than any of us would have liked him to, but at the moment he is a gar better bet than Luque. 

Can you answer me this - what have you seen in Luque in a black and white shirt to suggest he is worth persevering with?  Personally, I do not want to go to the match and watch that lazy arsehole take the piss out of me with his ineffectual, disinterested performances.  Why are you so desperate for him to play?  Do you like us looking like we've only got 10 men on the pitch?

Luque's workrate on the pitch is all I've seen and it's not up to scratch imo. Made worse when the rest of his play isn't either. I don't expect him to go flying into tackles etc. before anyone says that.

Can you answer me this - what have you seen in Luque in a black and white shirt to suggest he is worth persevering with?  Personally, I do not want to go to the match and watch that lazy arsehole take the piss out of me with his ineffectual, disinterested performances.  Why are you so desperate for him to play?  Do you like us looking like we've only got 10 men on the pitch?

When he played against Aston Villa and Ventspills, I did see some effort in the performance contrary to what everyone says; he tries to flick on headers, comes back to defend, tries to pull off little one-twos (didn't work at all though), and he does try pressuring defenders by closing down their passing options (and did force defenders into making mistakes once in a while), despite the fact that he obviously isn't that type of player. However his touch and passing was mostly shite, in a way that suggests that he is lacking in self-confidence. He truly does not have a future at the club anymore; however I would like to see him given a run in the team for at least a month before january, if only to boost his sell on value.

Wow, I've ignored this thread for a while - glad to see some progress has been made on the debate!  tongue.gif

Ameobi under Roeder and without Shearer as a strike partner has been very impressive

I don't think this point has been made often enough - it isn't a coincidence that he has looked a different player without Shearer beside him!

SBR,Roeder,Shearer and Souness all rated Ameobi highly so he has to have something about him.

Now, this argument, on the other hand, isn't so great, because it could also be applied to Shambles  bluedead.gif

Oh, and alpal was talking about why we didn't sell Luque in the summer - was the rumour that he rejected a move (either because of wages or didn't fancy the club making the offer) one of those summer-gossip-bollock stories? I'm pretty sure a story like that was posted here...?

I wouldn't say Luque's work rate is poor or lazy in the villa game for example, he looked really up for it as you could see by his manner when waiting on the touch line with Roeder before coming on but Roeder seemed to be ignoring him, why I don't know and we probably never will. He seems to like playing these deft touches but they never seem to be coming off for him which suggests to me, lacking in confidence!. I would like to see him get a decent run of games just behind Martins because I think that seems to be his best position and if he can't hack it or is not up to it then by all means sell him, but we'll never really know unless we at least give him a try a decent run of games thats all I would like to see.