The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

Guest Wannabe Surfer

My support for the guy is starting to falter

I still think he can do well for the Toon, but he needs to get his act together!

He was woeful yesterday, and a few of my mates who've backed him to come good had finally had enough of him by the time we trudged out.  I've been disappointed with his lack of passion, failure to produce hot dogs, and the distinct lack of jumping frogs in his game.  Time to cut our losses I think.

Guest Bellers

I just think Roeder doesn't like him I mean if you saw him just before he came on, on the sideline next to Roeder Luque looked really up for it he seemed to be asking a lot questions but Roeder seemed to be ignoring him and thats probably why he'll leave in the January window once we get another striker before Thursday. I just wish Roeder would play him behind the main striker it's obvious he's no lone striker, and a lot of you say he doesn't show any backbone when he is playing but maybe Roeder doesn't give him the direction he needs because maybe Roeder doesn't like him as person which is quite possible, I mean he wouldn't be the first Manager to put his personal feelings before his Managerial.

What a load of old tosh. Luque put in a disgusting shift against Villa. His lack of effort and contribution to the team makes it impossible for Roeder to pick him...

Guest toonelaide

Argentina's play during their match against Serbia and Montenegro at the world cup was some of the best football I've seen.

The impression I got of the game wasn't players running themselves to death for the cause. They made it look easy, pass, pass, pass, shoot and then celelbrate.

I suspect those Argie players put in some serious hours on the practice pitch together.

But my point is this, just because Luque doesn't appear to be running around a lot for the cause, doesn't mean he isn't trying to get results for NUFC. The intent could be the same, the method different.

Guest Gemmill

I just think Roeder doesn't like him I mean if you saw him just before he came on, on the sideline next to Roeder Luque looked really up for it he seemed to be asking a lot questions but Roeder seemed to be ignoring him and thats probably why he'll leave in the January window once we get another striker before Thursday. I just wish Roeder would play him behind the main striker it's obvious he's no lone striker, and a lot of you say he doesn't show any backbone when he is playing but maybe Roeder doesn't give him the direction he needs because maybe Roeder doesn't like him as person which is quite possible, I mean he wouldn't be the first Manager to put his personal feelings before his Managerial.

Okay, let's assume that's not all bullshit, can you explain why he can't control a football?

I didn't say he was perfect did I?

Genius! :lol:

By the way, blaming Luque's shitness on Roeder is bollocks.  The lad's performances in the last couple of games have had "can't be arsed" written all over them.

Guest Gemmill

He was a fucking disgrace against Villa. I've seen daleks with more movement!

Roeder's fault for not answering his questions before he took to the pitch apparently.  Perhaps one of them was "Are you expecting me to move?"

Guest Knightrider

I haven't seen any highlights of the game against Villa so can't comment on Luque but one or two mates who went and who are fans of Luque inform me he was "a disgrace". Not looking good is it?

Guest Wannabe Surfer

He was a fucking disgrace against Villa. I've seen daleks with more movement!

but Daleks would be awesome, they can fly for crying out loud!

Guest shaun11177

Only offer we had for Luque was 2.5m from Sevilla.

Also he has only played about 10 times for Spain and half of those were in friendly internationals were as we know anyone can get a game.This impression that he is a seasoned Spanish international is wrong and its not as if he is 24 with potential,at the age of 27/28 you would expect 25 caps+ for 9 million.

Nope we got ripped off-again.Another loss of 5m coming up.If he is so good why has there been just about zero interest in Spain.

Guest The Fox

Also he has only played about 10 times for Spain and half of those were in friendly internationals were as we know anyone can get a game.This impression that he is a seasoned Spanish international is wrong and its not as if he is 24 with potential,at the age of 27/28 you would expect 25 caps+ for 9 million.

Nope we got ripped off-again.Another loss of 5m coming up.If he is so good why has there been just about zero interest in Spain.

That is a very good question and hits the nail on the head.

I haven't seen any highlights of the game against Villa so can't comment on Luque but one or two mates who went and who are fans of Luque inform me he was "a disgrace". Not looking good is it?

It's been looking bad from the start. You were told.  :winking: bluelaugh.gif

If Woodgate is so good, why are only Boro, Newcastle & Pompey the English clubs interested?

If Woodgate is so good, why are only Boro, Newcastle & Pompey the English clubs interested?

Maybe it's something to do with his horrific injury record/huge weekly wage blueyes.gif

Guest Knightrider

It's been looking bad from the start. You were told.  :winking: bluelaugh.gif

I know, I've said from the start myself that he needs to work harder etc. I was just willing to give him the benefit of the doubt where as others weren't based on what I consider to be mitigating factors... still am, I still want to see him in a Toon shirt and doing well, but of course he has to earn it first and he isn't doing anything on that front. He's a talented player and I think (call me deluded) he would love to be a hit here (in the Premiership) but it's just not happening and won't if things carry on. He needs a career turning point, a great game, two flukey goals, or to break some fuckas leg etc. ;)

Guest thescoreboard

I am new to this forum (often visited to see what was being discussed though!)so tell me to mind my own if you like however..

I can see less and less reasons for anyone to back the player, I have not and will not boo or not support a player in B&W, however unlike some players who haven't made it he just doesn't even make half an attempt at it, with or without the ball.  I don't think I have seen a more disinterested player since the bad old days of Smith/McFaul.  Even Kluivert looked half interested (scored a few too)and turned it on sometimes as have many other expensive flops in the last few years.

Anyone that says he'll come good and give him time, for 10million you don't have time.

Anyone that talks about his record in Spain should realise it wasn't actually that good. He was a sub for almost a season!!

And can anyone tell me what his position actually is, he can't play on the wing as he has no pace, doesn't like facing big centre halfs so he aint a striker and can't tackle so isn't a midfielder.

My mate turned to me after his debut and said, for 10Million you expect to see a glimpse of something, anything, there was nothing that day and not much else since!

btw - the craic is good on here lads, keep it up!!!

Guest puretoon

And if it's such a struggle to bring certain players in ie Luque & Boumsong (I know he's away now) surely there's a message in there somewhere, but no FS let Souness plug away-sorry but BOTH are to blame.

Thank god Boumsong's away, but we could well be stuck with bloody Luque  :(  he's not going to make any grade at all, but unfortunately he's another wage too.

I know it's a 'Luque' thread , personnally I think FS is getting away with it very nicely thank you-bringing  in Souness when he new fine well we didn't want him and all to get rid of Bellers.........we're now 'reaping' the benefits of Soueys bad buys-Luque's the only one left -bad buys I said  :winking:

It basically comes down to what Roeder said a couple of months back (at the talk in?)

"There is only so much you and the club can do for the player, he has to do it for himself aswell."

Until that happens he will be a flop, he has the talent he just needs the motivation, which has to come from inside. One of the seniors needs to have a serious word with him.

How a player goes from this:

....To what we have seen of him who knows. Maybe if he sorts himself out and forces a run and scores a few he can get that kind of confidence back, but he will be an expensive disaster until then.

It basically comes down to what Roeder said a couple of months back (at the talk in?)

"There is only so much you and the club can do for the player, he has to do it for himself aswell."

Until that happens he will be a flop, he has the talent he just needs the motivation, which has to come from inside. One of the seniors needs to have a serious word with him.

How a player goes from this:

....To what we have seen of him who knows. Maybe if he sorts himself out and forces a run and scores a few he can get that kind of confidence back, but he will be an expensive disaster until then.

There is some super stuff in that video, but from what i have heard he was pretty inconsistant in spain aswell.

I have seen the glimpses of Luque which suggest he is a top quality footballer.

His goal against Lillestroem displayed the type of cutting edge quality we have lacked for a long time.

His goal against the macums was cooly taken and his reaction (celebration ) afterwards almost said "please help me and believe in me".

I think we need to continue helping him.

Not making excuses for his generally poor performance, but this is a quality player going through a bad time - for whatever reason.

He has too much quality not to come good eventually, we can help him through and hopefully watch him do it for us or we can risk letting him go and see him doing it for someone else.

Please Luque regain your confidence and start turning it on for us.