Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle (FA Cup) - 26/01/08 - post match reaction from page 20

James

The Owen chance was worse than I thought at the time. I assumed he couldn't reach it, but he just missed the fucker. >:(

Aye. Thought it looked like exactly the sort of chance Owen puts away.

Used to put away. ;)

The Owen chance was worse than I thought at the time. I assumed he couldn't reach it, but he just missed the fucker. >:(

Aye. Thought it looked like exactly the sort of chance Owen puts away.

Used to put away. ;)

Give him time. 5 games on the trot. Best in his time here according to Beeb  :yikes:

After watching the game, the over-riding impression is that;-

1.We lack a GOOD CF/Target man

2.We faded badly in the second half ; as another thread states, fitness levels look suspect

3.N'Zogbia doesn't look the part in CM and gave possession away numerous times

4.Duff was excellent in first half, but faded badly later(he does this in most games)

5.Their midfield overran us in second half and exposed the lack of creativity in the side

6.Enrique continues to improve and needs persevering with

7.Butt is reaching the end now - very poor passing as game went on

8.Our first-half performance was decent - had we scored when we had good possession it might have made the result more acceptable, but we would probably still have lost...

Conclusion - MASSES of work to be done and lots of class players required, but where we get them is anyone's guess - certainly until the summer...we cannot afford to waste possession against teams we need to beat in order to stay in a respectable position and in some ways its a blessing we went out ; getting points is the most important thing now.

Tbh ive wrote this season off, id be happy with a mid table finish with KK preparing things for next season. He got time to assess the players and find out who needs to go and what type of players we need to buy.

Season is not a write off until we are safe from relegation

My worry as well, we will just scrape it imo, but only just!

You two belong together, tbh.

why because we are being realistic and admitting what is possible

Because you're both pessimistic whingers of the highest calibre.

This is the type of comment that allows the Southern Press/other teams' fans to laugh at NUFC - whistling in the wind of the highest quality...

It's started!:

Woody Snubs Keegan

By Rob Shephard

KEVIN KEEGAN has been snubbed AGAIN as his Newcastle revolution threatens to implode after just two games.

Jonathan Woodgate has turned down a move back to St James' Park to sign for Spurs in a £7million deal.

And some players were dismayed at new Newcastle boss Keegan's farcical tactical team meeting ahead of yesterday's 3-0 FA Cup fourth round drubbing at Arsenal.

A Toon insider said: "The players were waiting for Kevin to give his instructions but all he said was: ‘Arsenal are a great passing team. We must make sure we pass the ball better than them.'

"That was it. There were no specific tactics, no work on set pieces...the players were stunned."

Newcastle have failed to score in both games since Keegan took over.

And Middlesbrough defender Woodgate's decision to snub him comes just 24 hours after Alan Shearer rejected Keegan's offer to be his No 2.

Keegan confessed: "I tried to bring in one new face and it was Woodgate, but I don't think I have been successful and it looks like we've lost out to Spurs.

"It wasn't a question of money, it was purely down to where the boy wanted to go.

"I wanted Wood-gate as the first part of the jigsaw. Spurs and us both had bids accepted but it looks like I've not got him."

Woodgate, 28, was left out of Boro's team that beat Mansfield 2-0 yesterday and was set to undergo a medical last night.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate confirmed: "There was a fee agreed with Newcastle but it was Jonathan's decision."

It's started!:

Woody Snubs Keegan

By Rob Shephard

KEVIN KEEGAN has been snubbed AGAIN as his Newcastle revolution threatens to implode after just two games.

Jonathan Woodgate has turned down a move back to St James' Park to sign for Spurs in a £7million deal.

And some players were dismayed at new Newcastle boss Keegan's farcical tactical team meeting ahead of yesterday's 3-0 FA Cup fourth round drubbing at Arsenal.

A Toon insider said: "The players were waiting for Kevin to give his instructions but all he said was: ‘Arsenal are a great passing team. We must make sure we pass the ball better than them.'"That was it. There were no specific tactics, no work on set pieces...the players were stunned."

Newcastle have failed to score in both games since Keegan took over.

And Middlesbrough defender Woodgate's decision to snub him comes just 24 hours after Alan Shearer rejected Keegan's offer to be his No 2.

Keegan confessed: "I tried to bring in one new face and it was Woodgate, but I don't think I have been successful and it looks like we've lost out to Spurs.

"It wasn't a question of money, it was purely down to where the boy wanted to go.

"I wanted Wood-gate as the first part of the jigsaw. Spurs and us both had bids accepted but it looks like I've not got him."

Woodgate, 28, was left out of Boro's team that beat Mansfield 2-0 yesterday and was set to undergo a medical last night.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate confirmed: "There was a fee agreed with Newcastle but it was Jonathan's decision."

mackems.gif

This stupid paper talk is getting annoying.

The thing that worries me is I bet there are Newcastle fans out there that take in this rubbish; the same people that boo their own manager after 5 month probably.