Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle (FA Cup) - 26/01/08 - post match reaction from page 20

James

Played some decent stuff in the first half but didnt really threaten much, back to the same old shit second half.

We need at least 4 attacking players to breath some life into things but i cant see us signing more than 1 or 2 in less than a week.

Would rather wait and get the right players in the summer than sign players for the sake of it now.

Careful now.

The talking of sense is quite prohibited around these parts on match day don't you know?

Would rather wait and get the right players in the summer than sign players for the sake of it now.

Careful now.

The talking of sense is quite prohibited around these parts on match day don't you know?

Sorry ;)

Not kk's fault just the inept squad he's inherited

Some of these players need to be out the door as soon as poss

I dunno. We just need to give KK some time to turn them back into footballers.

Not a case of that!  They make to many mistakes and are shocking tbh! Don't think he can get anymore out of them

Exactly.  This isn't a kneejerk based on today's performance, but players like Carr and Butt are past it.  Occasionally the put in a good performance, but it has been many years since either of them were at their best.  No other team aiming for the top 7 (City, Villa, Pompey, Blackburn) would have them anywhere near their first team squad. 

Then you have players like Enrique, N'Zogbia, Taylor and Milner who are too young, too inexperienced and too limited to be playing regularly.  Necessity (brought on by injuries and poor transfer policy over the last few years) have made them into first team regulars, not merit.  That applies more to some than others, and it doesn't mean they are bad players.  But I don't think N'Zogbia (by far the best of the bunch) who is very promising and very talented, should be playing week in, week out.  And I don't think he would be at another mid table club like Spurs or Man City.  You really shouldn't be building a team around young players with very obvious limitations who then take big knocks to their confidence when they are unable to perform at the level of real professionals.

We have players like Viduka, Owen, Duff, Martins, Emre, Beye, Faye who are good enough.  And they should be playing better.  But on the balance of things, I don't think there is enough quality and I don't expect Keegan to improve much on our current league position.  Not his fault though.

Just we cant score goals and cant keep clean sheets and have the hardest run in out of the bottom teams

Your right, we gonna lose every game from the rest of the season and those below us will win all of their's. We are Doomed.

they wont need to win them all since we are 7 points off them they play each other were we have away games to 6 out of the top 10

Well, the risk of us being relegated is slim but its so freakin depressing that we are once again in january and discussing that instead of getting into europe or doing well in some cup.

I agree

Welcome to reality. I doubt you'll stay long.

Depends how long you've been supporting them? Me since the late 70's so don't think i'll be going that soon

:lol: No, i meant that you've finally woken up to the fact we arent that good.

I find people old enough to have gone to the match in the 70s generally dont need to tell you that either.

Just we cant score goals and cant keep clean sheets and have the hardest run in out of the bottom teams

Your right, we gonna lose every game from the rest of the season and those below us will win all of their's. We are Doomed.

they wont need to win them all since we are 7 points off them they play each other were we have away games to 6 out of the top 10

Well, the risk of us being relegated is slim but its so freakin depressing that we are once again in january and discussing that instead of getting into europe or doing well in some cup.

I agree

Welcome to reality. I doubt you'll stay long.

Depends how long you've been supporting them? Me since the late 70's so don't think i'll be going that soon

:lol: No, i meant that you've finally woken up to the fact we arent that good.

I find people old enough to have gone to the match in the 70s generally dont need to tell you that either.

To be fair i've said that all season

Just got back, pretty gutted to be honest, Arsenal were there for the taking first half. Their right hand side was terrible so Duff and Zoggy were having a bit of joy, bit of luck and we could have been two up at half time, instead Owen and Taylor didn't score and we had one cleared off the line.

Second half was terrible, Arsenal went more direct and our passing was just lost. Second goal was a stinker though, Eduardo blatantly blocked off Cacapa from making a challenge, pretty awful decision and from then on in heads had dropped too far.

Carr and Milner were poor, Butt battled as always but as every single game so far this season he kept giving the ball away. Duff was ok first half but awful second, N'Zogbia isn't a central-mid, Owen again starved of service - you could tell he looked sharp first half, second he had a couple of bad touches but saying that he only got the ball about twice anyway.

Smith won quite a few things in the air which was promising, but his link up play and touch were poor and he really does look like a footballer without a position now. Taylor and Cacapa were okay at best, the Brazilian looked shattered by about the 60th-70th min.

By the time Lua Lua came on the whole team had stopped trying and it looked like it rubbed off on him because everything he did went wrong.

Enrique played average but I was surprised he went off for Roz. Arsenal were poor and 3-0 certainly wasn't a fair reflection, but on the second half showing we certainly didn't deserve a win or draw. Just a shame really

Guest MaetihS

Not to prove anything but if some of you can remember, at the start of the season, i did say we have a below average team and that teams like Blackburn, Everton and even the likes of Westham are stronger than us and that we should be happy with a top 15 finish. I was being slagged then but as the season goes, it seems i am right. I so hope I am wrong but realy does not seem like it. oh well....

Guest Coubury

Thought Jose Enrique had a good game today and against Bolton, I think he has the potential to be a very good left back

One thing that annoys me tho is when he goes on his runs up the pitch and keeps and keeps crossing the ball too deep, 9/10 times the ball goes are are the pass is incomplete if he could work on this i think he could be great.

Guest shaun11177

We need 42 points-thats the aim for this season and as soon as we get them KK can start planning for next season.

Have to say if he thought he was just going to stride back into the Premiership and sign 2-3 experienced quality players in the January window then he was very naive. He should have said nothing instead of raising expectations-i mean Richards,Carrick,Defoe etc they are not even going to look at us. Ialso think he will find it very tough in the summer because the new regime will pay the transfer fees but the wages are going to be a problem.

We need 42 points-thats the aim for this season and as soon as we get them KK can start planning for next season.

Have to say if he thought he was just going to stride back into the Premiership and sign 2-3 experienced quality players in the January window then he was very naive. He should have said nothing instead of raising expectations-i mean Richards,Carrick,Defoe etc they are not even going to look at us. Ialso think he will find it very tough in the summer because the new regime will pay the transfer fees but the wages are going to be a problem.

He said he wanted to bring in three players. That's it. Anything else is nonsense read into it by fans.

Sounds more like your fault for buying into a single syllable of what the rags write.

I think you're being a bit hard on Keegan if you think he thought he'd just stroll in and do anything, to be fair to him we looked better than at any time in the first half today so whatever he's doing is changing things for the better, possibly not quick enough for everybody but he's improving things.

I've had enough of Keegan already, if he doesn't get at least 4 points from our next 2 games then he should go.

Relegation form.

2 games? Are you having a laugh? We can't afford 2 games!

"Needs time, blah, blah" - we're going down under this man, accept it!

I've had enough of Keegan already, if he doesn't get at least 4 points from our next 2 games then he should go.

Relegation form.

I think he's had you.    :lol:

Relegation form.

I think Wullie's had you Mick. :lol:

yeah, just got back from the emirates. pretty awful day for me, not only did they fuck up with my tickets so i missed the first 10 minutes of the game, the atmosphere was pretty bad and the performance likewise, despite not being too bad in the first half. then the trains were awful on the way back!! and the goals were down the other end. certainly a nice stadium though.

Relegation form.

I think Wullie's had you Mick. :lol:

I think I've had the pair of them because I'm not fucking joking. :lol:

Just got back, pretty gutted to be honest, Arsenal were there for the taking first half. Their right hand side was terrible so Duff and Zoggy were having a bit of joy, bit of luck and we could have been two up at half time, instead Owen and Taylor didn't score and we had one cleared off the line.

Second half was terrible, Arsenal went more direct and our passing was just lost. Second goal was a stinker though, Eduardo blatantly blocked off Cacapa from making a challenge, pretty awful decision and from then on in heads had dropped too far.

Carr and Milner were poor, Butt battled as always but as every single game so far this season he kept giving the ball away. Duff was ok first half but awful second, N'Zogbia isn't a central-mid, Owen again starved of service - you could tell he looked sharp first half, second he had a couple of bad touches but saying that he only got the ball about twice anyway.

Smith won quite a few things in the air which was promising, but his link up play and touch were poor and he really does look like a footballer without a position now. Taylor and Cacapa were okay at best, the Brazilian looked shattered by about the 60th-70th min.

By the time Lua Lua came on the whole team had stopped trying and it looked like it rubbed off on him because everything he did went wrong.

Enrique played average but I was surprised he went off for Roz. Arsenal were poor and 3-0 certainly wasn't a fair reflection, but on the second half showing we certainly didn't deserve a win or draw. Just a shame really

I know you from somewhere else. ;)

KK's got as much money as he wants apparently. I got that from the same ITK who said he was coming here :razz: It's very hard to get people to come in January and Woodgate may well have chosen Spurs as he fancied a different challenge and lifestyle. As for KK saying he wanted 3 players, he's always been very honest, it's one of his best traits, so expecting him to be reticent about his aims is daft.