No signings = relegation?

Guest Brazilianbob

He's had 14 starts 7 subs in the prem this season, so 21 out of 28 games he's featured, not back since he started the season with a broken foot.

He missed the 1st 6 games with that broken foot, then obviously made his sub appearances getting back to fitness.

Any talk of Derby not rating him and not playing him is fuking stupid tbh.

He's had 14 starts 7 subs in the prem this season, so 21 out of 28 games he's featured, not back since he started the season with a broken foot.

He missed the 1st 6 games with that broken foot, then obviously made his sub appearances getting back to fitness.

Of course it is.

you can prove anything with real statistics

So he's got 1 goal and 1 assist in 28 appearances?

and he's 19, playing for fucken derby...don't think anyone suggests he's a world beater right now

question, would you play him ahead of butt or barton?

i would, regardless of his stats for derby

Better than Smith and in the worst team in the league?

Oh, and same amount of goals in the same-ish amount of games as Hargreaves, Scholes and Carrick and one more than Anderson!

Oh, and same amount of goals in the same-ish amount of games as Hargreaves, Scholes and Carrick and one more than Anderson!

smith playing as a sriker for a fair chunk of that mind you!

smith playing as a sriker for a fair chunk of that mind you!

I just like the fact he's getting wrong for being 19 and scoring only one goal in the league in the bottom club while a Manu top of the league quartet haven't done any better!  bluelaugh.gif

I don't expect him to keep them up but for this magical player whose missed transfer will send us down, 'd expect him to have shown a hell of a lot more than he has done. I'm really not feeling like we've missed out tbh.

You're the one saying he'd transform our results tbf.

Did I?

Touché. ;)

Why else are you arguing about him then?

I'm not arguing about anything. Just putting peoples stupid ideas about him in to touch.

Knocking a young lad for scoring only one goal in the league, when £60m+ worth of Manu talent can't do any better is fuking thick imo.

Barnes getting NUFC grief and he hasn't even become a toon player, its just amazing, it really is.

Did I?

Touché. ;)

I'm not arguing about anything. Just putting peoples stupid ideas about him in to touch.

Knocking a young lad for scoring only one goal in the league, when £60m+ worth of Manu talent can't do any better is fuking thick imo.

Barnes getting NUFC grief and he hasn't even become a toon player, its just amazing, it really is.

People aren't knocking him for being a young lad, they're knocking him because he's been brought up in this thread as someone we should have signed.

Did I?

Touché. ;)

People aren't knocking him for being a young lad, they're knocking him because he's been brought up in this thread as someone we should have signed.

What it is, is people trying to justify why KK signed no one in the window. Any means necessary to protect him, when in reality because we signed no one were in a relegation fight.

...because we signed no one were in a relegation fight.

As I said earlier, it's far too simplistic imo to say that. We probably wouldn't be in this scrap had Keegan been in charge for the two Derby games, for example.

I think Barnes has a better physique than our central midfielders, but while he remains at Derby, we can't tell whether his end product would have been good enough to get us out of this mess.

If we did get relegated, it is not because Keegan didn't sign anyone, as realistically he didn't have enough time or opportunity to sign anyone.

It will be the fault of Allardyce for replacing Dyer and Solano with Smith.

...because we signed no one were in a relegation fight.

As I said earlier, it's far too simplistic imo to say that. We probably wouldn't be in this scrap had Keegan been in charge for the two Derby games, for example.

You could be right, but in times of dire need of help, we got no one in. Only a man who'd been out of the game for far too long to make any judgement on players.

That's having an effect, if we had signed 2 or 3 players we'd be lifted, morale of the players, the fans, the management, and we'd have more points. All imo of course, but sometimes it is just that simple, bringing in players would have turned this season around, not in dramatic style, but enough to put decent daylight between us and relegation.

Did I?

Touché. ;)

i think he was actually brought up as one of the two players we know we bid for, therefore it's safe to assume we wanted to sign him

there are obviously better midfielders throughout europe and the world, he's just the one we know keegan asked for

in reality because we signed no one were in a relegation fight.

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Just about get what you are saying, surprisingly, and even more surprisingly i agree.

He couldn't prevent what happened, he wasn't here, but he could have fixed it, still can, but the job would have been made easier with new bodies surely?