Shearer - Help or Hindrance?

Tsunami

Big Al has turned down the number 2 position apparently saying it wasn't good for him or the club. Keegan says he still hopes to get Big Al in, in some capacity, Woody's dad says he went to Spurs 'cos Big Al wouldn't take up the number 2 post. Should we not just draw a line under Big Al for the moment? His time will come & do we need his very considerable shadow being caste over the club in the meantime?

I for one sometimes get confused over what Big Al's agenda is at times.

Guest clownhat

i think some of his comments on motd seem pretty negative... wait for him to come in the future and do his own thing i thinks

Guest johnson293

Funnily enough, I've just been thinking the a similar thing Re: Woodgate & Shearer.

Woodgate fancies the move to Newcastle, but knows little of Keegan except from the brief/only time he played under him for England.

So Woodgate calls Shearer to ask his advice (after all, they would know each other from Newcastle days, and apart from Steve harper, no-one is left from the Keegan era). Shearer tells Woodgate about working under Keegan in 1996, but also why he doesn't want to be No.2 to Keegan now. Maybe Shearer is smarting slightly from being overlooked for the main job, and gives a less than flattering appraisal of Keegans chances this time around - which makes up Woodgates mind up for him.

Could it be Shearer himself has helped burst the bubble on this transfer, and is slightly miffed at being overlooked by 'his club'?

Or am I just thinking about all of this a bit too much??

Funnily enough, I've just been thinking the a similar thing Re: Woodgate & Shearer.

Woodgate fancies the move to Newcastle, but knows little of Keegan except from the brief/only time he played under him for England.

So Woodgate calls Shearer to ask his advice (after all, they would know each other from Newcastle days, and apart from Steve harper, no-one is left from the Keegan era). Shearer tells Woodgate about working under Keegan in 1996, but also why he doesn't want to be No.2 to Keegan now. Maybe Shearer is smarting slightly from being overlooked for the main job, and gives a less than flattering appraisal of Keegans chances this time around - which makes up Woodgates mind up for him.

Could it be Shearer himself has helped burst the bubble on this transfer, and is slightly miffed at being overlooked by 'his club'?

Legend though he is, there can be little doubt that the most important thing in Shearer's life is Shearer himself & that at times he uses the club & the fans as his vehicle. I get the feeling that he & KK no longer get on very well at all. Keep your friends close your enemies closer. Will KK try & get him in, in a non threatening position so that he can no longer be loose canon in the media?

A loose cannon, ffs.

Potentially yes, he works in the media & as soon as anything looks a bit iffy the media will try & crank it all up via Shearer. There's no better fun for the press than turmoil at nufc. Shearer knows how it works.

Guest Goalfather

He should be in possession of his coaching badges and have at least a year managerial experience b4 he is even considered again for the job of manager :icon_rr:

Woodgate knows little of Keegan? :lol:

Guest johnson293

Woodgate knows little of Keegan? :lol:

I meant he doesn't/wouldn't know much about playing under him at club level, and what Keegan may bring to a club, and what his methods, etc are like.

He Is mot going to sit on MOTD and say what is really going on, Keegan's interview when asked about it was more enlightening really, it would seem he has offerd Al any role he wants he just has to pick it.

It is a problem and will be until its all sorted one way or the other, Al needs to decide what he is going to do and decide today.. For em I hope he does take on some kind of coaching role, full or part time it does not matter, just get involved with the squad to help the strikers out..

This whole idea of Shearer being the King in Waiting produces some very strange thinking within the club.

The manager hadn't spoken to him for over 2 years after a falling out. Why would they suddenly be able to work together as a number 1 and number 2?