The Times: New "Continental" Setup at NUFC (Wise, Jimenez, Vetere)

Rich

Aye I do have insider facts actually but they will most likely be scoffed at as they normally are.

Do you know the full facts of what happened or just certain snippets? Care to oblige?

Found out the day before Keegan got appointed that he was taking the job and was promised £40 million at the very least to spend. Also the same person said that Keegan can't stand the site of Wise as he bypassed him time and time again with regards to the buying and selling of players.

I'm not the only one on here who was told this by the same person.

I also understand there are two sides to every story and Keegan has to take some of the blame. But the majority of the blame for me stems to Mike Ashley for choosing someone like Dennis Wise over Kevin Keegan.

People I know, on here in fact heard it exactly from Mort that Keegan had the final say.

Keegan was a madman who wanted Ronaldinho, Henry, Guthrie & Lampard. He sold Faye for next to nowt, while TJ got £12 million in for Milner. It was Keegan who didn't sign a left back (Warnock) & right back (Luke Young), while Dennis, Jeff & Tony went & got Colo & Jonas.

Aye I do have insider facts actually but they will most likely be scoffed at as they normally are.

Do you know the full facts of what happened or just certain snippets? Care to oblige?

Found out the day before Keegan got appointed that he was taking the job and was promised £40 million at the very least to spend. Also the same person said that Keegan can't stand the site of Wise as he bypassed him time and time again with regards to the buying and selling of players.

Do you know anything about the list that Keegan handed in? Becasue in my eyes thats where i pinpoint the major major issue and breakdown. I see keegan looking at players who werent fitting in with the clubs policy. If my hunch is correct as an owner i wouldnt have a clue how to go about it.

Im not sure id be keen on letting my manager have so much money if i knew from the off he wasnt going to buy the right type of players for the club.

Do you know anything about the list that Keegan handed in? Becasue in my eyes thats where i pinpoint the major major issue and breakdown. I see keegan looking at players who werent fitting in with the clubs policy. If my hunch is correct as an owner i wouldnt have a clue how to go about it.

Im not sure id be keen on letting my manager have so much money if i knew from the off he wasnt going to buy the right type of players for the club.

ah the mythical list. i wonder what ammount of truth there is to that.

mythical? Im pretty sure keegan openely talked about swapping lists with Wise and having to have to look up some of the players.

It should be the manager's decision as to what player is right for the club. What qualifies Dennis Wise over Kevin Keegan with regards to what player is right for this club?

That list is up there with our mythical best XI. Much talked about but never actually seen.

mythical? Im pretty sure keegan openely talked about swapping lists with Wise and having to have to look up some of the players.

but what do we know about which actual players were on either list.

It should be the manager's decision as to what player is right for the club. What qualifies Dennis Wise over Kevin Keegan with regards to what player is right for this club?

The bloke who signs the cheque saying "Dennis you want him, okay"

It should be the owners right to ensure that any policy he implements is adhered to, no? Im not backing wise over keegan im backing the sytem/structure and policy over Keegan.

For what its worth - i do agree that the manager should choose who he manages but not at the expense of a fundamental club policy.

thats why i asked about it.

thought you were using it as one of those rhetorical thingies

But it's a club policy that they have contradicted themselves with in public several times over.

To be fair, im talking specifically abiout the type of players they purchased ie younger, lower wages, residual value etc not neccessarily who signed them. Its why i asked about the list becasue i was interested to see who Keegan was after and if it contradicted this policy. Its where i see the major sticking point.

:lol: "rhetocial thingies" is that a technical term?!

look i spelled rhetorical wright

touche.

touche.

the fun bit is i didn't even realise. had to check because of your reply.

touche.

the fun bit is i didn't even realise. had to check because of your reply.

and they have the audacity to question the british education system....bastards.