The Times: New "Continental" Setup at NUFC (Wise, Jimenez, Vetere)

Rich

There is a good chance this will end in tears with Keegan walking - I can't fathom a Director of Football without having some overlap on duties with the manager i.e. transfers - Keegan isn't exactly going to be happy if Wise brings in players that he doesn't want and Wise aint going to be happy if Keegan KB's Wise's suggestions.

It will be interesting to see what Wise's role exactly is, I do find it all bizarre, from the appointment itself and whether its over KK's head or not, to the actual filling of that appointment with a man of dubious character and no executive experience whatesoever!

Mike Ashley is a billionaire. Therefore he probably knows how to run a business. However, i'm sure you are right and the roles within the club will be delegated willy nilly so that fracas occur and the club plummets into the abiss.

Freddie Shepherd was a millionaire, not a billionaire did that make the difference?   What a stupid response, how old are you exactly?  Where did I say that Ashley didn't know how to run a business?  Although, I can show you evidence of perfectly sensible successful business people making hashes of football clubs, which wasn't my point.  Again, where did I say roles will be delegated willy nilly?  Where did I say fracas will occur, where did I say the club will plummet into abyss?  Either respond properly or don't at all.

"I can't fathom DOF without some overlap of duties".

Mike Ashley is a billionaire businessman. There is only one way to get there and that is to have an astute business mind, correct? That means ticking all the box's including how to sort out a buisness and getting people to run different departments. You may not be able to fathom it but Ashley will. Successful businessmen may appoint a manager that fails for whatever reason but you will not find many that don't have a working structure within their club.

My comments were regarding the fact that alot of people on here are assuming because we may have appointed a DOF that the club will fail regardless. That was the reasoning behind my sarcastic rambling, it was not directed at you specifically.

BTW "how old are you exactly" is not a way to automatically win an arguement it just belittles the person you are arguing with.

It's hilarious how careful Keegan's had to be in his interview so as not to give off the wrong impression.

Exactly. They still managed to turn:

Reporter: "What about the rumours linking Wise to a role at the club?"

KK "Thats one for the chairman, i'm just triying to concentrate on the match" into

KK "I know nothing at all, it was all done behind my back"

Club Confirms Senior Appointments

NEWCASTLE United announces that Dennis Wise has agreed to join the Club in the role of Executive Director (Football). Also joining the Club are Tony Jimenez as Vice President (Player Recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid in the position of Technical Co-ordinator.

Dennis will assist the Board on football-related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment. He will report to the Chairman. Tony and Jeff will also assist in player recruitment.

The arrival of these three new recruits follows on from the recent appointment of Kevin Keegan as manager. Kevin will be responsible for all matters related to the First Team.

Chairman Chris Mort said: "This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the Club as manager.

"Two of the conclusions of our strategic review, since acquiring the Club, were that the Club would benefit from having a football person involved at Board level, which it has not had historically, and that further senior resources are needed for recruiting players of the highest quality from this country and further afield.

"Dennis would like to move away from day-to-day football management to a Board role and, with his considerable energy and intelligence, we believe he will do very well in this new position.

"With Kevin able to devote his efforts to developing and running the first team squad, Dennis, Tony and Jeff will each help us to secure success for Newcastle United Football Club at all levels and for the long-term. One or two further key appointments will follow in the months ahead."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1227633,00.html

Club Confirms Senior Appointments

NEWCASTLE United announces that Dennis Wise has agreed to join the Club in the role of Executive Director (Football). Also joining the Club are Tony Jimenez as Vice President (Player Recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid in the position of Technical Co-ordinator.

Dennis will assist the Board on football-related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment. He will report to the Chairman. Tony and Jeff will also assist in player recruitment.

The arrival of these three new recruits follows on from the recent appointment of Kevin Keegan as manager. Kevin will be responsible for all matters related to the First Team.

Chairman Chris Mort said: "This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the Club as manager.

"Two of the conclusions of our strategic review, since acquiring the Club, were that the Club would benefit from having a football person involved at Board level, which it has not had historically, and that further senior resources are needed for recruiting players of the highest quality from this country and further afield.

"Dennis would like to move away from day-to-day football management to a Board role and, with his considerable energy and intelligence, we believe he will do very well in this new position.

"With Kevin able to devote his efforts to developing and running the first team squad, Dennis, Tony and Jeff will each help us to secure success for Newcastle United Football Club at all levels and for the long-term. One or two further key appointments will follow in the months ahead."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1227633,00.html

makes sense to me. especially the part about having a football person involved at boardroom level

.co.uk seems to imply that Keegan knew there would be some new form of structure behind. All these papers then quoting him as saying that he had no idea; surely they could get into real trouble for lying like that. How come a website that is read by a few hundered members has to be more careful about what is written, than a newspaper that is read by possibly millions. I mean, I know they'll have top class lwayers covering their arses, but sirely the law is the law. We should fund our rediculous summer transfer budget with law suits against these cunts.

.co.uk seems to imply that Keegan knew there would be some new form of structure behind. All these papers then quoting him as saying that he had no idea; surely they could get into real trouble for lying like that. How come a website that is read by a few hundered members has to be more careful about what is written, than a newspaper that is read by possibly millions. I mean, I know they'll have top class lwayers covering their arses, but sirely the law is the law. We should fund our rediculous summer transfer budget with law suits against these c***s.

i read it that it was more a case of him having no idea of the Wise appointment rather than no idea of the new structure.

.co.uk seems to imply that Keegan knew there would be some new form of structure behind. All these papers then quoting him as saying that he had no idea; surely they could get into real trouble for lying like that. How come a website that is read by a few hundered members has to be more careful about what is written, than a newspaper that is read by possibly millions. I mean, I know they'll have top class lwayers covering their arses, but sirely the law is the law. We should fund our rediculous summer transfer budget with law suits against these c***s.

where is he quoed as saying he had no idea ?

sure he says to ask mort when he returns on weds or thurs.

Of course Keegan knew about the Wise appointment, it was discussed at his "interview" (see the Times article today - on here about 4 times). It was in the Daily Mail before he was even appointed, except no other paper (or messageboard) picked up on it.

The papers are stirring it. Keegan made little comment because it's more Mort's business than his.

So where is Mort? Involved in signings?

So where is Mort? Involved in signings?

Mort manages them lot. I.e he makes sure they are doing their jobs correctly.

apparently keegan new nowt about Wise coming

-----------------

Keegan Mystified Over Wise Appointment 

Kevin Keegan has almost embarrassingly had to admit he was completely in the dark over the appointment of Dennis Wise as an executive at Newcastle United, as King Kev's revolution is so far failing to go even remotely according to plan...

It started with an abysmal showing in a goalless draw against relegation strugglers Bolton Wanderers - a side Keegan's predecessor Sam Allardyce routed 3-0 on the opening day.

It has since developed with several speculative transfer targets with no happy ending, the Shearer-Keegan dream team not coming to pass, a tame elimination from the FA Cup at the hands of Arsenal, Jonathan Woodgate rejecting the club for Tottenham Hotspur, and now, Dennis Wise has apparently been appointed as director of football with Keegan having no part in the decision-making process.

It is an embarrassing reality check for the Toon Army, as Keegan spoke to the media of the situation yesterday.

“I am reluctant to tell you all I know as I really do not know everything," he admitted.

"I just do not know enough about it. So it is pointless me saying something or sitting down and saying to you this wasn’t quite right or that wasn’t quite right.”

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=564981

3-1... shit-stirring wankers

So Keegan doesn't have a say in the signings...

Just where does it say that?

"kevin will have no say in who he signs, we will put names in a hat, me dennis and mike will take turns at pulling them out"

whats the bets a newspaper picks that up from here and is in the news tomorrow?

So Keegan doesn't have a say in the signings...

I guess 1st team yes!

But if you noticed how Mort was doing the role of bringing yougsters like Tozer And Kadar then maybe this will be Wise's role.

We all know keegan closed the acadamy down last time as he wanted to concentrate purely on the first team, so maybe this is the reason why Wise has been brought in, to set-up something similiar to the Ajax model, so Kev won't have to think about it