The Times: New "Continental" Setup at NUFC (Wise, Jimenez, Vetere)

Rich

If Keegan doesn't like the idea of having the best young players in the world scouted for him, he shouldn't be here anyway. But he is, and he is quoted as saying he's happy with this situation, as any sensible bloke would be, so let others worry about it.

The club never had a footballing man in the borad room say it all about all our failier and inept managment in the past. I say all along we need footballing people in the borad now we got it. 

The future is bright

The future is Black and white!!!!!!!

All looks good to me,much more professional than the mickey mouse route that shepherd took.

"nothing wrong with mickey mouse...he done very well for walt disney"---ally fraser

If this "professional" route can better the record of the "mickey mouse" route's 8 top 7 finishes/5 top 4 finishes in 14 years, I'll be well happy.

All looks good to me,much more professional than the mickey mouse route that shepherd took.

"nothing wrong with mickey mouse...he done very well for walt disney"---ally fraser

If this "professional" route can better the record of the "mickey mouse" route's 8 top 7 finishes/5 top 4 finishes in 14 years, I'll be well happy.

So basically eight top 7 finishes in 14 years then?

"Dennis will assist the Board on football-related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment. He will report to the Chairman. Tony and Jeff will also assist in player recruitment." I thought that was implying they would select the players and Keegan would work with the team.

to me it means they will help in the assessing and acquisition of players with keegan.

to be fair you could take it either way, depending on if your positive or negative about the idea.

Didn't Keegan say he was against the idea when he was suggested as Director of football under Allardyce? That's what worries me.

do you honestly think, when Keegan was appointed that any of this was not mentioned to him?

I asked a question, Keegan said that a director of football puts the manager under unnecessary pressure only 4 months ago? Do you honestly think he's changed his mind since then?

Gabby Logan: You've been linked with DOF, Mike Ashley has mentioned your name and obviously Sam Allardyce didn't seem so keen so is that the kind of thing you're alluding too? You would never go into anywhere?

Keegan: I think it's absolutely impossible to give Sam Allardyce a job at Newcastle United and then go and fetch somebody who for whatever reason is some sort of threat, it doesn't work, Sam would be a fool to let it happen, the guy who goes in would be a fool to accept it and the chairman, who's not a fool, would be a fool to try and do it.

Reasonably happy with this set up, its a pro active set up whihc is always good.

My only concerns are how Keegans ego will be effected by this, i think its fair to say that by the looks of it, his importance to the club isnt as high as it would be were he on his own, can he handle being "just a cog" as someone put it? It'd be interesting to know what Keegans input in all this will be, where is the balance of power?

My other concern is with the transfers? Its the only grey area i see, will there come a stage where someone doesnt agree with a sigining that keegan may want to make, if so, what would happen?

"fetch somebody who for whatever reason is some sort of threat, it doesn't work,"

So he has obviously been convinced when interviewed for the job that Wise was coming and he's decided that Wise holds no threat to him, otherwise he wouldn't have taken the job.

Mort has already said Keegan has bought into their "vision" - are you seriously saying that Keegan didn't know about this? In every decent article I've read it says he did, so what's the problem?

My other concern is with the transfers? Its the only grey area i see, will there come a stage where someone doesnt agree with a sigining that keegan may want to make, if so, what would happen?

You mean like with Guiseppe Signori? We all know what happened.

Precisely.

Guest johnson293

Jeff Vetere, what did he do at Real??

European scout.

Really?

In that case, lets hope he has a nice collection of reports filed, and ready for the summer - similar to what Sven did (allegedly) in his year off, so he was ready to go for the likes of Elano/Petrov. etc.

Would be nice to think we had a head start (for once) on some for the other clubs summer plans already, and with cash to back it up.

Then just down to Keegan and/or Wise to sell the club to them.

Precisely.

The Signori thing was media bollocks, Keegan makes no reference to it at all in his book.

If Keegan was made aware of the set up before he took the job then it's fair to assume that he was happy with it or he wouldn't have took the job, my guess is Wise's involvement with transfers will be completing the deals and playing a part in agreeing personal terms with players.

So basically eight top 7 finishes in 14 years then?

Well to better it would be 9, or more of the 8 in the top 4, but I'd be satisfied with coming close to matching it.

Think it's easy? Should be as the previous board were so incompetent, and the setup mickey mouse.

Jeff Vetere, what did he do at Real??

European scout.

Really?

In that case, lets hope he has a nice collection of reports filed, and ready for the summer - similar to what Sven did (allegedly) in his year off, so he was ready to go for the likes of Elano/Petrov. etc.

Would be nice to think we had a head start (for once) on some for the other clubs summer plans already, and with cash to back it up.

Then just down to Keegan and/or Wise to sell the club to them.

Why did he leave?