Keegan: New Signings "Unlikely"

Rich

Benjani is a good player, i wanted us to get him when pompey were having a look or in the summer after he joined, when his stock was pretty low. fast, strong, excellent movement, and now his finishing looks very crisp whereas a couple of years ago he was haphazard. would be a like a poor man's anelka and imo would make a good partner for martins or owen.

Hmmmmmmmmm nobody available hey?

Benjani having shock City medical

by Ben Blackmore, 31 January 2008

Portsmouth’s top scorer Benjani is reportedly having a medical at Manchester City ahead of a shock move to Eastlands.

Sven Goran Eriksson has been searching for a striker throughout the January transfer window, and it appears he has found his man in 12-goal Benjani.

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp ruled out the sale of any strikers on Wednesday, claiming he cannot afford to lose any attacking players.

With Kanu and John Utaka away on international duty and David Nugent sidelined by injury, Pompey’s only other fit striker is Milan Baros.

However, news that Benjani is having a medical at City suggests Pompey may be about to tie up a deal for Tottenham’s Jermain Defoe – as reported in L’Equipe.

Benjani's potential exit from Fratton Park will likely be met with some disapproval by Pompey fans though, who have witnessed two hat-tricks from the Zimbabwean this season.

A typical example of people wanting anyone in.

Benjani will be 30 when next season kicks off so spending big money on him would be ridiculous.

Portsmouth’s top scorer Benjani is reportedly having a medical at Manchester City ahead of a shock move to Eastlands.

Sven Goran Eriksson has been searching for a striker throughout the January transfer window, and it appears he has found his man in 12-goal Benjani.

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp ruled out the sale of any strikers on Wednesday, claiming he cannot afford to lose any attacking players.

With Kanu and John Utaka away on international duty and David Nugent sidelined by injury, Pompey’s only other fit striker is Milan Baros.

However, news that Benjani is having a medical at City suggests Pompey may be about to tie up a deal for Tottenham’s Jermain Defoe – as reported in L’Equipe.

Benjani's potential exit from Fratton Park will likely be met with some disapproval by Pompey fans though, who have witnessed two hat-tricks from the Zimbabwean this season.

Benjani will be 30 when next season kicks off so spending big money on him would be ridiculous.

Correct.

Guest NorthernSoul

Yea, too old! Plus it's defensive and midfield players we're desperate for, not forwards! Viduka/Owen/Martins will score goals in a better side, no doubt

Portsmouths top scorer Benjani is reportedly having a medical at Manchester City ahead of a shock move to Eastlands.

With Kanu and John Utaka away on international duty and David Nugent sidelined by injury, Pompeys only other fit striker is Milan Baros.

However, news that Benjani is having a medical at City suggests Pompey may be about to tie up a deal for Tottenhams Jermain Defoe as reported in LEquipe.

Correct.

Whoopie do!

How old was Viduka when we signed him?

Correct.

Whoopie do!

That's turned out great hasn't it? You really could of picked a better example, like one that actually backs your argument not shatters it into pieces.

mackems.gif

Benjani is an average striker in good form. His advanced years do him no favours, not for £6m.

I want players in just as much as anyone, but he wouldn't be one of them, not worth our while due to what we've got, whereas Barnes is exactly what were missing (a player i really want here)

Correct.

Whoopie do!

That's turned out great hasn't it? You really could of picked a better example, like one that actually backs your argument not shatters it into pieces.

mackems.gif

Benjani is an average striker in good form. His advanced years do him no favours, not for £6m.

I want players in just as much as anyone, but he wouldn't be one of them, not worth our while due to what we've got, whereas Barnes is exactly what were missing (a player i really want here)

You're a tit!  No really!  :rolleyes:

:lol: I bet they accepted our offer by email, its sitting in Chris Mort's junk mail folder right now unopened.

:D

“We received an email from Newcastle at 6pm (on Tuesday) and we accepted the offer,” chairman Romero said.

“It seems that they changed their mind since then. They forgot to tell us about it.

“Alvaro can stay at Levante. The offer was refused and he is still our player.

“I hope that he will remain as professional as he has always been.”

Correct.

Whoopie do!

mackems.gif

Cracking comeback.

Did you say the other day you were over 30 years old?  mackems.gif

:lol: I bet they accepted our offer by email, its sitting in Chris Mort's junk mail folder right now unopened.

We received an email from Newcastle at 6pm (on Tuesday) and we accepted the offer, chairman Romero said.

It seems that they changed their mind since then. They forgot to tell us about it.

Alvaro can stay at Levante. The offer was refused and he is still our player.

I hope that he will remain as professional as he has always been.

We received an email from Newcastle at 6pm (on Tuesday) and we accepted the offer, chairman Romero said.

It seems that they changed their mind since then. They forgot to tell us about it.

Alvaro can stay at Levante. The offer was refused and he is still our player.

I hope that he will remain as professional as he has always been.

Never trust a spanish email addy!

Guest NorthernSoul

Barnes is precisely the type of player we need. Young, Hungry, Point to Prove etc. We haven't bought this type since Sir Bobby left. He'd be coming here to make an impression and actually wanting to play. Not some washed-up former superstar on the gravy train

Correct.

Whoopie do!

mackems.gif

Cracking comeback.

Yes I see how my suggestion of swapping Ameobi our 4th striker with how many goals this season? For somone with 12 and happens to be the one of a few available players in this windows with prem expierience a bad idea!

Think you've just shown yourself to be the fool fella

Correct.

Whoopie do!

mackems.gif

Cracking comeback.

Yes I see how my suggestion of swapping Ameobi our 4th striker with how many goals this season? For somone with 12 and happens to be the one of a few available players in this windows with prem expierience a bad idea!

I didn't quote your post about Ameobi, we were talking about Benjani, and him only.

Are you really that thick or is this an act, i'm really struggling to tell here.

You're a WUM aren't you? Probably some high fly lawyer sitting bored in his office pretending to be mentally challenged.

Class mate, class

Correct.

Whoopie do!

mackems.gif

Cracking comeback.

I really don't think they'd be interested in that swap and seriously, trying to do a player exchange on transfer deadline day - it's hard enough to get one contract tied up and a player signed, let alone one going each way. I think people need to realise it's not like years gone by when you could just wallop a contract in front of someone and get it signed and all done.

For the record, Benjani would be an awful signing.

EDIT: I can't quote correct posts, sorry

Guest NorthernSoul

I agree, Benjani screams panic buy to me....?

City are struggling for forwards mind! Anybody see Vasell last night against Derby? He looked awful...

Barnes is precisely the type of player we need. Young, Hungry, Point to Prove etc. We haven't bought this type since Sir Bobby left. He'd be coming here to make an impression and actually wanting to play. Not some washed-up former superstar on the gravy train

Exactly - and I can't see why we're quibbling about such a low price! Would love to see him here.

Portsmouths top scorer Benjani is reportedly having a medical at Manchester City ahead of a shock move to Eastlands.

With Kanu and John Utaka away on international duty and David Nugent sidelined by injury, Pompeys only other fit striker is Milan Baros.

However, news that Benjani is having a medical at City suggests Pompey may be about to tie up a deal for Tottenhams Jermain Defoe as reported in LEquipe.

Correct.

Whoopie do!

mackems.gif

Cracking comeback.

I didn't quote your post about Ameobi, we were talking about Benjani, and him only.

Are you really that thick or is this an act, i'm really struggling to tell here.

You're a WUM aren't you? Probably some high fly lawyer sitting bored in his office pretending to be mentally challenged.

Class mate, class

Well i'd like to see your bank account next to mine then I would have a fucking laugh!

Stop trying to act like you know anything about football, just because you're on FM every other day

Correct.

Whoopie do!

mackems.gif

Cracking comeback.

Class mate, class

Well i'd like to see your bank account next to mine then I would have a fucking laugh!

Stop trying to act like you know anything about football, just because you're on FM every other day

Jesus Christ mate, you really are pathetic, absolutely pathetic, shown yourself up well and truly today.  :clap:

PS: Learn how to quote properly you mong, you make the place look untidy.  bluelaugh.gif