Still "England's" Michael Owen

Crumpy Gunt

Guest rebel_yell12
Posted on: Today at 03:59:34 PMPosted by: SpinS  

s***. Hope the frail fucker gets injured.  

Isn't that rather wishing to throw the baby out with the bath water.  He may not even play, but I don't blame Cappello one bit for wanting to see Owen in training/with a decent midfield.  Could prove/disprove all the crap he's been hearing that Owen is past it, or that it's just the squad around him.  Also...fact is, who else?  Agbonlahor got in, good shout.  As did Crouchy, who's been consistent for England, but barely anything for Liverpool.  The fact that he capped Heskey makes me wonder if he didn't watch the Israel and Russia games though.  And Owen had had less matches with Newcastle before those.

Anyone else recall that Owen's goals have all come (minus the one's against championship sides) the match directly before England.  An omen for the weekend?

Carson

Curtis Davies

Barry

Young

Agbonlahor

Looks good to me ;)

Davies! Not bad for a pub player. Didn't expect that. Obviously turned FC's head when he's been to VP.

However. Is Kirkland better than Hart? Green? ???

Davies' attitude has been spot on since that crushing piece of honestly.

He's looked excellent of late, calm in possession, fast, reads the game very well, I'm happy for him. It also reflects well on MON's buying young / British policy.

Surprised Green wasn't in the squad ahead of Kirkland, though.

Hope he reads this thread. How could he fail to be motivated?

If his wage cant motivate him then nothing will.

Yes, that's how it works. We'll up his pay, shall we? Seriously people go on about him not wanting to play for us but with the schadenfraude when people thought he wasn't in the squad, you could hardly blame him for wanting away. World's bestest fans though.

any guesses at Capello's first England team?

Agbonlahor

Rooney

Young Hargreaves Carrick Gerrard

Cole Woodgate Ferdinand Richards

James

He'll have Gerrard in the middle with SWP on the right IMO

not sure he'll fancy having Gerrard in the middle, tends to like big defensive midfielders there (Emerson/Diarra or Emerson/Vieira), and shifts attacking central midfielders like nedved or guti to slightly wider areas. think joe cole will probably play left as he is quite like camoranesi, also think Heskey may be lucky as Capello likes big mobile strikers, tho i'd prefer the team i put out above.

i didnt think he went for 4-4-2 formation. Thought he went something like 4-2-3-1.

Possibly..

James

Richards Woodgate Ferdinand Cole

Carrick Hargreaves

SWP    Gerrard            Cole

Rooney

Rooney

J Cole

Young  Barry    Gerrard      SWP

Cole Woodgate Ferdinand Richards

James

Posted on: Today at 03:59:34 PMPosted by: SpinS 

s***. Hope the frail fucker gets injured. 

Isn't that rather wishing to throw the baby out with the bath water.  He may not even play, but I don't blame Cappello one bit for wanting to see Owen in training/with a decent midfield.  Could prove/disprove all the crap he's been hearing that Owen is past it, or that it's just the squad around him.  Also...fact is, who else?  Agbonlahor got in, good shout.  As did Crouchy, who's been consistent for England, but barely anything for Liverpool.  The fact that he capped Heskey makes me wonder if he didn't watch the Israel and Russia games though.  And Owen had had less matches with Newcastle before those.

Anyone else recall that Owen's goals have all come (minus the one's against championship sides) the match directly before England.  An omen for the weekend?

Anyone wanting Owen to get injured when NUFC are in their current plight must be quite happy to see the club relegated ; if he is out again for any length of time over the next few months we WILL be drawn into the relegation scrap.

Carson

Curtis Davies

Barry

Young

Agbonlahor

Looks good to me ;)

Davies! Not bad for a pub player. Didn't expect that. Obviously turned FC's head when he's been to VP.

However. Is Kirkland better than Hart? Green? ???

Davies' attitude has been spot on since that crushing piece of honestly.

He's looked excellent of late, calm in possession, fast, reads the game very well, I'm happy for him. It also reflects well on MON's buying young / British policy.

Surprised Green wasn't in the squad ahead of Kirkland, though.

Careful Brummie - you can't go round suggesting MON has got the ability to improve players - there are still plenty on this site who rate Allardyce a better manager and think MON is over-rated - perhaps you'll have a good little gloat when you get UEFA Cup`-and, with a bit of luck - CL Football at the end of the season..!!

Guest microbar

We should have replaced owen with defoe in the january window,

owen could not give a fuck about newcastle,

more interested in his horses,

Guest rebel_yell12

Nah, heard it all before, mate.  Don't need another chorus of that old song.

The interviews Owen has given since Keegan's return have all been positive and looking to the future.  Even sounded a bit excited.  I don't care if he loves Newcastle United -- I don't love my employer, but I show up and earn my pay nonetheless.  All I ask from Owen is the same.  Show up, give 100%, score goals at his usual rate of about 1 goal for every 2 or 3 chances...he can have all the racehorses and rounds of golf he likes outside that. 

Oh, I also like him to show up for England.  England gets better results with Owen in the squad.