Who in our team is good enough for NUFC?

Guest TrEe

Given is incapable of cohesing with a system of building from the back, and isn't making the saves he used to.

Taylor's technique isn't good enough to build from the back, and his footballing brain is average at best.

Butt can't pass and is always chasing shadows in the second half.

N'Zogbia can't defend and gives the ball away.

Cacapa is too slow.

Milner is too slow, wastes the ball and delivers pitiful crosses.

Emre and Geremi stroll around the pitch and have no midfield presence.

Barton is always off the pace and is a disgrace to humanity.

Harper has been happy to sit on the bench for his whole career.

Smith does nothing. Ever.

Owen only cares about England, never sticks his finger out, and never does anything except score goals.

Viduka is slow and unfit.

Martins runs around in aimless circles.

Duff is always running backwards. And he isn't N'Zogbia.

Ramage lacks basic defensive skills.

Tozer, Zambrella, Baheng, Kadar, Soderberg, Krul, Carroll, Lua Lua, Edgar etc shouldn't be allowed to develop their potential as they aren't trophy signings.

Ameobi isn't a footballer.

Enrique is mostly seen eating ice cream with Albert Luque, and if thats the most we've seen, he must be s***.

Beye cost £2m. Therefore there is no ambition in having this player in the team.

Faye is massive. Dennis Wise could easily squirm between his legs. This isn't good enough.

Lets bring the players down and ship them out on the basis of their weaknesses rather than trying to encourage the players to use their strengths.

I see what you did there

top post by the way

zoggy

Beye

Faye

Taylor

Duff, Smith and Owen if they play like they have done elsewhere and put bad injuries completely behind them

Not sure about Enrique yet.

Barton and Milner are squad players. Butt has been a good player in his career, but we should long term look to replace him

That is all.I'm being quite generous, as only the top 4 players have performed as to how I would want Newcastle players to play.

After today, Keegan will know he needs a goalkeeper, and not before time.

Agree with most of this, although Beye is not for the long term(5 years) ; Like you, I'm not yet sure about Enrique in the Prem, but thought he was missed against Boro.

Rest are mediocre at best apart from the ones you mentioned who have had injuries...

Too many now either too stale or past sell-by date - KK has a HUGE rebuilding job to do...

Guest battyleespeed

If you wanted to ask who is good enough to get us to level where we are all hoping to be at...

IMHO.....

N'Zogbia

Duff

Owen (that is providing we will have enough class players to benefit from him)

-----------

Only as backup players as part of bigger squad:

Taylor

Viduka

Faye

Martins

Faye, Barton, Duff are the class players.

Beye and Enrique not seen enough of yet. Milner I suspect we're not using correctly.

Everyone else is replaceable.

9 league starts, and Faye is "class". But Beye, who has started more than half as many games again, you have not seen enough of. Weird.

Given is incapable of cohesing with a system of building from the back, and isn't making the saves he used to.

Taylor's technique isn't good enough to build from the back, and his footballing brain is average at best.

Butt can't pass and is always chasing shadows in the second half.

N'Zogbia can't defend and gives the ball away.

Cacapa is too slow.

Milner is too slow, wastes the ball and delivers pitiful crosses.

Emre and Geremi stroll around the pitch and have no midfield presence.

Barton is always off the pace and is a disgrace to humanity.

Harper has been happy to sit on the bench for his whole career.

Smith does nothing. Ever.

Owen only cares about England, never sticks his finger out, and never does anything except score goals.

Viduka is slow and unfit.

Martins runs around in aimless circles.

Duff is always running backwards. And he isn't N'Zogbia.

Ramage lacks basic defensive skills.

Tozer, Zambrella, Baheng, Kadar, Soderberg, Krul, Carroll, Lua Lua, Edgar etc shouldn't be allowed to develop their potential as they aren't trophy signings.

Ameobi isn't a footballer.

Enrique is mostly seen eating ice cream with Albert Luque, and if thats the most we've seen, he must be s***.

Beye cost £2m. Therefore there is no ambition in having this player in the team.

Faye is massive. Dennis Wise could easily squirm between his legs. This isn't good enough.

Lets bring the players down and ship them out on the basis of their weaknesses rather than trying to encourage the players to use their strengths.

I think that is the best thing you ever posted James! :thup:

Guest Hodgson09

Decent squad players, we need a bigger squad keep them and use Ashleys money to buy first team players for where we want to be.

Beye, Faye, Enrique, Zog

I think these 4 should probably start if fit. IMO Enrique's looked decent enough, nowt special but i think he'll come on.

Taylor, Milner, Duff, Barton, Martins

I think these 5 should be in the squad and play if their form is good enough or injury necessitates.

Cacapa, Viduka, Butt, Geremi

Don't look up to it imo.

Smith, Emre, Owen

Don't offer enough imo. I know Owen is contentious but he's been living off his reputation for a while now. I'm sure he'd score more given the opportunites but we don't look like a team to create them tbh. We need forwards who can create chances for themselves or each other, who can link well and find each other with passes. Like Yorke and Cole at Manure for example.

Given

Not the same since the Harewood clash imo.

what did Given do wrong besides a few bad kicks?!!

His positioning on free kicks has been shocking lately. Not only does he leave half the goal free to shots but he fails to save the ones that come into his own side. If he isnt capable of defending the whole goal then please get someone to drop back onto the post. I understand that some of the free kicks conceded this season have been screamers but if you don't buy a lottery ticket you can't win it.