Keegan Interview Finished - Recap/Listen Again 1st Post

Greg

Question: What's Terry Mac's doing?

Answer: Very much in my plans. Not a coach but he goes one on one with the players, he's very important to me. Loves club as much as i do, that's not enough, but there's so much more to him. Having a close look at all the staff that Allardyce brought in, working out whether or not they're vital or not.

Question: I'm a posh southern bint and would it be worth to do a team building boot camp, akin to a military regime?

Answer: We're always looking to do things with the players that pulls things closer together. Have to help new players, especially foreigners, settle in. Weather can be an issue. Planning ahead, pre-season is one of the most vital parts of the season. Go-karting, paint-balling... boot camp... nah.

Question: What the hell's Beardsley doing at Middlesbrough?

Answer: There's got to be a place at Newcastle for Beardsley. A case of finding that place. There is a place for him somewhere. I think he's best working with youngsters; amazing ability to still actually show them how to do it.

Question: The players don't respect the away fans after the games.

Answer: I made sure they did at Arsenal. They should acknowledge the fans. Difficult to do when you've been beaten, but that's probably the time when you should do it most.

Question: Any plans to make the training ground accessible?

Answer: Will be discussed in the summer. You let fans in, but you let everybody in. Stealing is an issue. I've always been for it - did it at Man City. World's changed a bit cos people can take photographs and pass them on to whoever - risky. Could get back to it but must be well planned. Fans are the most important thing.

Guest shaun11177

kk says based on turnover-wages etc we should be 5th or 6th-thats clearly going to be the aim next season.

Pre-season games in Asia and USA

We tried to pass it against Bolton but failed so went long ball after 30 minutes.

Make it a membership scheme you have to join to get into watch training, terms and conditions should be agreed to by anyone wanting to join.

good idea

edit: too slow

the whole idea of stealing stuff is not to get caught so being a member wont make much diffrence