Tooj

In no particular order :

Shearers goal against Scotland at EURO 96

Linekers goal against Germany Italia 90

Linekers hat trick against Poland Mexico 86

Beardsley's goal against Paraquay Mexico 86

Bryan Robson against France after 27 seconds Spain 82

Linekers equaliser against Poland in Poznan in 91

England 6-0 Luxembourg in a Euro 2000 qualifier. Was the week after Robson was named Newcastle manager and he was guest of honour on the pitch, Dyer made his debut and was best player on the pitch by a mile, and Shearer, who at the time was getting stick left, right & centre from the press got a hat-trick. There's been better performances and wins of course, but just for the Newcastle feel to it, especially since we were 2nd bottom at the time without a hope in hell, it helped raise spirits.

Aye that was pretty special. Was it that game where Shearer scored the bicycle kick?

England 6-0 Luxembourg in a Euro 2000 qualifier. Was the week after Robson was named Newcastle manager and he was guest of honour on the pitch, Dyer made his debut and was best player on the pitch by a mile, and Shearer, who at the time was getting stick left, right & centre from the press got a hat-trick. There's been better performances and wins of course, but just for the Newcastle feel to it, especially since we were 2nd bottom at the time without a hope in hell, it helped raise spirits.

Aye that was pretty special. Was it that game where Shearer scored the bicycle kick?

Wasn't that at the SOS when all the mackems had to applaud the goal?  :lol:

Redknapp scored a belter in the same game. Belgium or someone like that?

The feeling when Shearer scored against the Germans in '96 was pretty special.

If Gazza had got on the end of Shearer's cross later on, then god knows.

was going to say the same as well...that was one of the most painful misses...what a tourney though. wow.

^ Gazza's came close to getting a second vs the germans in  euro 96 - but not as close as Lineker did to getting his second vs the Argies in 86.

Without directly linking to a youtube clip its 2.40 on part 10/10 of the match.

Even today I still don't understand how it stayed out.

Euro 96' for me, the sticker album, the coins, the games, the goals, a brilliant tournament.

The best being the 4-1 v Holland. :)

I thought barring Englands run plus the good performances by Czech Republic and Croatia (especially Suker) it was a fairly tame tournament. Not helped by hardly any of the group games selling out due to ludicrously high ticket prices.

Euro 96' for me, the sticker album, the coins, the games, the goals, a brilliant tournament.

The best being the 4-1 v Holland. :)

I thought barring Englands run plus the good performances by Czech Republic and Croatia (especially Suker) it was a fairly tame tournament. Not helped by hardly any of the group games selling out due to ludicrously high ticket prices.

At the time, I thought England were amazing in that tournament...but when you look back, we drew with the sh*ttest team in the tournament, who knows what might have happened had Uri Geller's spoon not intervened against Scotland, Holland...aye that was class, Spain had a good goal disallowed against us in the Quarters, before finally losing on pens in the Semis.