On This England Note

Tooj

When Sol Campbell scored the 'winner' against Portugal in Euro 2004 is one of the loudest i've ever cheered. Was absolutely gutted when it was chalked off.

Possibly Shearer's header vs Germany in Euro 2000. 5-1 vs Germany's the obvious one.

Agree with that Gazza goal, absolutely amazing.

Infact, all of Euro 96 was just class.

Apart from the Swiss game, Spain game (didnt they have a goal wrongly disallowed in extra time?), Germany...

The Dutch game was good, so good it was 10 years before chairmen realised Terry Venables managerial ability is a media myth.

Nothing to do with the fact that Owen is with us but his goal against Argentina will always stick out.. just one of those magic ; go on son... go on son..... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS moments and then the pub turning upstide down in celebration.

Guest alijmitchell

England 4 - 1 Holland. I was young, but i genuinely thought we were the best team in the world after that. How wrong I was...

The 5-1 I guess, I was too young to truly appreciate anything in '96.

I loved my first England game as well, it was against Poland in a qualifier if I remember rightly. Was the game where Shearer scored from an indirect freekick. Sheringham placed it for him just outside the box and Shearer smashed it in over the keeper.

The 5-1 was overrated iyam. Germany were fucking rubbish then.

Incidently, I was having sex during that match. She wasn't impressed by my frequent cheering.

Canny Trainspotting of you Dave. :lol:

Not England, obviously, but mine was the Ireland vs Romania penalty shootout from Italia 90'

I was only 6 at the time, but I remember watching it with a big group of neighbours and everyone mad into it, was amazing when David O'Leary (of all people) slotted home the winning penalty and the entire place went wild. Everyone out on the street afterwards for hours, kicking a football around until it was dark. Magic, one of my earliest prominent meories, of any kind.

Beating the Italians at USA 94 was pretty cool as well.

*Dave starts chanting get in the box man! In the box.*

*As a response to this Dave's lass flies up a fistful of dollars straight up his ring piece.*

*Cue an awkward silence as Dave's lass realises he's more interested in the footy than shagging her.*

*Cue an even more awkward moment when Dave realised he likes it and asks for a few dollars more."

The 5-1. Also Fat boy's equaliser against Portugal in extra time in Euro 04, was typical England the way we gave a goal away and thought that was it, but I went fucking mental when he popped up with that goal, shame we got done about 15 mins later on pens.