On This England Note

Tooj

It'll live on this page now too...

The 5-1. Also Fat boy's equaliser against Portugal in extra time in Euro 04, was typical England the way we gave a goal away and thought that was it, but I went fucking mental when he popped up with that goal, shame we got done about 15 mins later on pens.

Even though I am welsh. I really enjoyed Linekers equaliser against Germany in Italia 90. Pity about the final outcome.

For some reason Platt's goal in the final minute of extra time against Belgium has always stood out in my mind more as an individual moment.

It'll live on this page now too...

The 5-1. Also Fat boy's equaliser against Portugal in extra time in Euro 04, was typical England the way we gave a goal away and thought that was it, but I went fucking mental when he popped up with that goal, shame we got done about 15 mins later on pens.

:clap2:

Guest johnson293

http://www.utils.ex.ac.uk/german/abinitio/images/score1-5.jpg

That would be mine as well.

Me and the wife were in Gran Canaria on holiday at the time, watching it in an english bar, just across for a dutch bar and a scottish bar.

We got loads of stick beforehand from both sets of fans, saying we were gonna get beat, and then gloating when Germany scored first.

The rest of the match is history, and it turned into a cracking night!

But the fact we tw*tted germany, on their own turf, just made it all the sweeter!

The feeling when Shearer scored against the Germans in '96 was pretty special.

If Gazza had got on the end of Shearer's cross later on, then god knows.

I'd agree with that. I thought we were certainties to win the tournament when that goal went in. If only Sir Les had been brought on for ET, we'd have mullered them.

Guest optimistic nit

The 5-1 I guess, I was too young to truly appreciate anything in '96.

I loved my first England game as well, it was against Poland in a qualifier if I remember rightly. Was the game where Shearer scored from an indirect freekick. Sheringham placed it for him just outside the box and Shearer smashed in it over the keeper.

i think thats the first england game i remember watching on tv.

Nothing, won some games but never been good enough to win anything. Everyone gets hyped up and then let down, least this summer we wont have to live with the inevitability that we will loose on penalties again.

The 5-1 I guess, I was too young to truly appreciate anything in '96.

I loved my first England game as well, it was against Poland in a qualifier if I remember rightly. Was the game where Shearer scored from an indirect freekick. Sheringham placed it for him just outside the box and Shearer smashed in it over the keeper.

i think thats the first england game i remember watching on tv.

Meant to say (it's not too obvious) that was my first live England (as in I was there, at Wembley) game that I actually went to see as opposed to watching on the television. The first England game I saw of any form that I can remember was either '90 or '92 I think.

England 6-0 Luxembourg in a Euro 2000 qualifier. Was the week after Robson was named Newcastle manager and he was guest of honour on the pitch, Dyer made his debut and was best player on the pitch by a mile, and Shearer, who at the time was getting stick left, right & centre from the press got a hat-trick. There's been better performances and wins of course, but just for the Newcastle feel to it, especially since we were 2nd bottom at the time without a hope in hell, it helped raise spirits.

Belgium in Italia 90

Germany 1-5

Holland 4-1.

Seen some absolute horror-shows along the way too.  :lol:

I was only 6 at the time but I still remember loads from Italia 90! Enzo Scifo's famous red-boots. Seemed unique at the time having coloured boots other than black. Rene Higuita trying to skin Roger Milla only to be tackled, Valderrama's hair, Pavarotti, Costa Rica doing Scotland, Barnes' rap in World In Motion...jumpers for goalposts, etc.

Lineker's goal v Ze Germans in Italia 90 was my first truly great football moment. I remember that June at first school only the really hard lads could be Lineker when playing football!

I was generally David Platt!  :nope:

Great Newcastle days were pretty barren back then!

Lineker's goal v Ze Germans in Italia 90 was my first truly great football moment. I remember that June at first school only the really hard lads could be Lineker when playing football!

I was generally David Platt!  :nope:

Great Newcastle days were pretty barren back then!

aye and at that point we were the best team in the tournment (even though we'd faltered till then),england should have won that tournament