N'Zogbia: good news and bad news

Dave

Guest jcricthon

Spurs players that will PROBABLY be allowed to leave in the summer include................

Robinson

chimbonda (hope not)

Lee (dont know why though as he's mr consistant)

Rocha

Tainio

Zokora

Any of them take your fancy in a swap deag with Zoggy?

Apart from King and Woodie (who have bad injury records so can't be considered imo), you've only got one really good player

Correct!

Guest Brazilianbob

Just do what we did when Man U and Leeds were sniffing around Dyer (when he was playing out of his skin week in week out after we first bought him).

FS slapped a £25m asking price on his head, and when Man U did make an enquiry for him, FS asked for Paul Scholes and David Beckham in exchange for Dyer.  Strangely enough, Man U  failed to follow up their initial enquiry, can't think why! 

Guest kingdawson

Spurs players that will PROBABLY be allowed to leave in the summer include................

Robinson

chimbonda (hope not)

Lee (dont know why though as he's mr consistant)

Rocha

Tainio

Zokora

Any of them take your fancy in a swap deag with Zoggy?

Apart from King and Woodie (who have bad injury records so can't be considered imo), you've only got one really good player

Correct!

ermm i dont qite agree with the fact that King and Woodgate cant be considered because of there injury records. Tbh i think we have quite a few good players but you are right about Berbs being a cut above the rest.

Some of those players i listed would definatly improve your squad and some may even improve your first team but im sure you have other targets.

Guest Sniffer

Chimbonda is a cancer who would do nothing for morale.

Lee might have a good attitude but  is lightweight and more like a Fulham type player treading water in a team going nowhere.

Zokora is a poor man's viera and was bought because he looks like him but turned out that he can't play like him. Just like amdy fucking faye.

None of these players would help us except in the mind of some no ambition idiot.

Chimbonda is a cancer who would do nothing for morale.

Lee might have a good attitude but  is lightweight and more like a Fulham type player treading water in a team going nowhere.

Zokora is a poor man's viera and was bought because he looks like him but turned out that he can't play like him. Just like amdy f****** faye.

None of these players would help us except in the mind of some no ambition idiot.

Exactly.

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

Why is it that the family always lives in another part of the country? Why aren't they in France if not in Newcastle? Solano's family did the same.

It seems that the coin isn't enough after a while and the family becomes excessively spoilt and start to agitate to get what they want.

Always just a matter of time before the bigger outlets picked this up I guess:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7231439.stm

Magpies admit N'Zogbia may leave

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan says midfielder Charles N'Zogbia may leave the club at the end of the season.

The 21-year-old signed a five-year deal at St James' Park in September but was linked with a move to Tottenham in the January transfer window.

"Charles came to talk to me about speculation that there was interest from Spurs," Keegan is reported to have told French newspaper L'Equipe.

"We'll look at it in the summer as the signs are he is not happy here."

N'Zogbia has started every match of Keegan's tenure at the club, but he has often found himself at left-back instead of his favoured position in midfield.

The Frenchman, who joined from Le Havre for £250,000 in 2004, is believed to favour a move to London as that is where his mother and his sister live.

:(

Notice they omit the 'there was no approach from anyone' quote too. :angry:

Guest criminalz

no use keeping a player when he seems intend to play somewhere else.

Seriously, he is not really a fantastic player, the shitty team mates make him look good.

i say, sell him before the rest of the world realise he is not that good.

Guest Brazilianbob

We could have built our team around N'Zogbia, but if he is intent on leaving I would make it clear to him that we are not going to let him go for a piddling amount just because he has family issues, like we did with Dyer and Nobby.

If Arsenal or Spurs want him then they are going to have to pay right through the nose for him, because players like N'zogbia don't come along every day of the week.  The kid is an absolute jewel which is why Wenger has always been linked with him.  If he goes to Arsenal they will turn him into a world megastar like they did with Henry.  If he goes to Spurs he may become another Gascoigne.

N'Zogbia has to be convinced that his future lies at NUFC, and the only way to do that is by buying very big as soon as the transfer window opens in the summer.

Demonstrate our ambition to him and he may stay but if he has to go then it's about time Arsenal or Spurs broke some transfer fee records so we can bring in at least two class players in his place.  My fear is Keegan sees Duff as the left winger and feels N'Zogbia is expendable as he also sees Emre as the better centre left mid player.

I trust KK, if he gets rid of Zog he will get a good replacement, at the end of the day i like N'Zogbia, one of my favourite players but i dont like players being here when they dont want to because it shows on the field, so get rid if he wants to go, lets hope it doesnt spark a mass exodus though!

Guest Brazilianbob

I've watched quality players come and go at SJP over the last 45 years.  I forcast England international careers for Gascoigne, Waddle and Beardsley when they were all in the reserves so I reckon I know a quality player when I see one,  and in my opinion, anyone with half a brain can see N'Zogbia is a quality player who has all the attributes to go all the way, and anyone who can't or refuses to see that should be supporting the mackems or smoggies.

Keegan certainly doesn't want rid, but he is using his head by not refusing a transfer immediately, because that would make N'Zogbia dig his heels in and become even more insistent on moving.  Keegan will instead gradually build up his ego and reliance upon praise from Keegan until he reaches the stage where he won't want to leave his mentor Keegan.

I trust KK, if he gets rid of Zog he will get a good replacement, at the end of the day i like N'Zogbia, one of my favourite players but i dont like players being here when they dont want to because it shows on the field, so get rid if he wants to go, lets hope it doesnt spark a mass exodus though!

+1  :thup:

There really are some delusional views of N'Zogbia's ability and salable value in this thread. We'll get £5-7m IMO.

Then we'll have been stupid. We pay over the odds, about we sold someone for over the odds. They should pay for the potential.

There really are some delusional views of N'Zogbia's ability and salable value in this thread. We'll get £5-7m IMO.

Then we'll have been stupid. We pay over the odds, about we sold someone for over the odds. They should pay for the potential.

Agreed, if he was English he would go for towards £15 million or £20million just like SWP.

Guest sittingontheball

He's worth at least the same as Babel, I'd have thought. That means 11.5 million or so. If we get only 7 million, someone wants shooting.

I hope we keep him though.  Good luck Kev!