Keegan is

Guest K9

Hasn't won a game.

Attack looks toothless.

Midfield is non-existent.

Defense looks shambolic.

None of these issues were addressed in the transfer window.

Bench reads like a list of our best players.

No assistant manager.

Five-a-side in training.

Fitness is woeful.

We're sliding down the table at an alarming rate.

...but apart from that he's done a pretty decent job so far.

Hasn't won a game.

Attack looks toothless.

Defense looks shambolic.

No assistant manager.

Five-a-side in training.

Fitness is woeful.

Shockingly true.

We need a win very soon, i can't see one for a while, not with the bunch of muppets we currently employ as footballers.

We could easily go down, we could easily not win a game for the rest of the season.

There are, in my eyes, only two parameters in judging the new board.

Decision making over the manager and decision making over investment for the playing staff.

You then set these off against their objectives (ambitions for the team and financial).

Over these areas, they've not impressed me at all. You say they have only got one thing wrong (and thats fair enough) but it was the single most important decision they had to make. Mort said we wouldnt sign anyone but youngsters in January, which is what happened. I'd have been delighted if we had got Benjani instead of Man city.

I would agree to a certain extent that the decision they got wrong was the most important that they had to make, at least it was a part of it, getting the best replacement was also important, that one will be judged in time.

As for the buying in kids, that changed when Keegan was appointed, he made the decision to stick with what he had at that time, don’t forget that we bid £7,000,000 for Woodgate.

If, and I say if we're unlucky enough to be relegated, look on the plus side, we'll get to play loads of teams we haven't played for ages.

Can't wait. Scunny and Hull here we come.

Can I suggest 'who put the thorpe in Scunthorpe', just to confuse them?

I was just doing gallows humour btw, I've no desire for the cola league.

Decision making over the manager and decision making over investment for the playing staff.

You then set these off against their objectives (ambitions for the team and financial).

Over these areas, they've not impressed me at all. You say they have only got one thing wrong (and thats fair enough) but it was the single most important decision they had to make. Mort said we wouldnt sign anyone but youngsters in January, which is what happened. I'd have been delighted if we had got Benjani instead of Man city.

I would agree to a certain extent that the decision they got wrong was the most important that they had to make, at least it was a part of it, getting the best replacement was also important, that one will be judged in time.

As for the buying in kids, that changed when Keegan was appointed, he made the decision to stick with what he had at that time, don’t forget that we bid £7,000,000 for Woodgate.

Do you believe that ?

Would you not rather we had got Benjani ?

Hasn't won a game.

Attack looks toothless.

Defense looks shambolic.

No assistant manager.

Five-a-side in training.

Fitness is woeful.

Most of that was true before Keegan took over, otherwise Allardyce wouldn't have been sacked. Liverpool, Portsmouth and so on...remember? Only a clueless, media-led twat would judge Keegan on a team he has inherited. If anybody needs reminding, it started going downhill AFTER Keegan left 11 years ago. It's hardly fair he gets the blame for the shambles left behind by his predecessors, the honorable SBR excluded.

What's the point in signing another striker? The ones we have are good enough with the exception of Alan Smith. The problem is the midfield. It doesn't provide for the strikers and it doesn't protect the defence. We could buy Drogba, Henry, Carew and Benjani and we'd still be shit.

What's the point in signing another striker? The ones we have are good enough with the exception of Alan Smith. The problem is the midfield. It doesn't provide for the strikers and it doesn't protect the defence. We could buy Drogba, Henry, Carew and Benjani and we'd still be shit.

lets stick with Ameobi and save money then

Absurd thing to say. You dont need a midfield with Drogba, just knock it long and he'll fashion a chance 9 times out of 10.

With the new board? Not at all.

The only thing I think they've done wrong is sacking Allardyce when they did, it was either too soon or too late.

To do it bang in the middle of the transfer window was crazy, they should have either done it earlier and given the new manager a full transfer window after looking at the players first, or they should have waited to get the hard games out of the way with Allardyce.

Then they could have brought a new manager in for easier games when he would have had a better chance of lifting players.

Broadly agree but they are just getting the hang of this football lark innit.

We're desperate for a striker in the summer imo. I think central midfield is probably the biggest problem but I'm not convinced any of our strikers are 'good enough'. Viduka is technically good and will score a few but his lack of mobility greatly limits any team. Shola isn't good enough, that's been pretty much proven. Smith looks shite. Martins is very inconsistent and Owen is rarely fit, half the player he was and potentially away in just over a year's time.

If, and I say if we're unlucky enough to be relegated, look on the plus side, we'll get to play loads of teams we haven't played for ages.

Can't wait. Scunny and Hull here we come.

Nowt wrong with Scunny mate, although it will mean getting relegated 2 leagues in 1 ;)

We're desperate for a striker in the summer imo. I think central midfield is probably the biggest problem but I'm not convinced any of our strikers are 'good enough'. Viduka is technically good and will score a few but his lack of mobility greatly limits any team. Shola isn't good enough, that's been pretty much proven. Smith looks shite. Martins is very inconsistent and Owen is rarely fit, half the player he was and potentially away in just over a year's time.

The entire structure of our attack and midfield is all wrong. The partnerships up front and in central midfield are all wrong in both areas.

What's the point in signing another striker? The ones we have are good enough with the exception of Alan Smith. The problem is the midfield. It doesn't provide for the strikers and it doesn't protect the defence. We could buy Drogba, Henry, Carew and Benjani and we'd still be s***.

We're desperate for a striker in the summer imo. I think central midfield is probably the biggest problem but I'm not convinced any of our strikers are 'good enough'. Viduka is technically good and will score a few but his lack of mobility greatly limits any team. Shola isn't good enough, that's been pretty much proven. Smith looks s****. Martins is very inconsistent and Owen is rarely fit, half the player he was and potentially away in just over a year's time.

The entire structure of our attack and midfield is all wrong. The partnerships up front and in central midfield are all wrong in both areas.

what partnerships are they ? there hasn't been time to forge any partnerships since keegan came in. i doubt smith is his first choice forward nor barton/butt his first choice central midfield.

What's the point in signing another striker? The ones we have are good enough with the exception of Alan Smith. The problem is the midfield. It doesn't provide for the strikers and it doesn't protect the defence. We could buy Drogba, Henry, Carew and Benjani and we'd still be s***.

We're desperate for a striker in the summer imo. I think central midfield is probably the biggest problem but I'm not convinced any of our strikers are 'good enough'. Viduka is technically good and will score a few but his lack of mobility greatly limits any team. Shola isn't good enough, that's been pretty much proven. Smith looks s****. Martins is very inconsistent and Owen is rarely fit, half the player he was and potentially away in just over a year's time.

what partnerships are they ? there hasn't been time to forge any partnerships since keegan came in. i doubt smith is his first choice forward nor barton/butt his first choice central midfield.

You see, people are making excuses for the new board not backing Keegan ie you and mick who didn't reply to my earlier question.

Keegan isnt' going to say anything other than what he said, because he quite firmly said that he wanted to bring in 2 or 3 players before the end of the transfer window.

So what do you think changed, when players moved during the window ? And don't forget about other players such as Bentley who's transfer value has most definitely gone up in the last week or two ie buying him in the summer will cost more than buying him in January, so whats this nonsense about people saying wait until the summer all about ? Especially when we are in a relegation struggle.

Fact is, the new board have cocked up with their policy, and they haven't recognised we have been playing a dangerous game with a squad short of numbers and quality.

The central midfield balance between Butt, Faye, Emre, Barton is weak and unbalanced. The central strikers of Owen, Smith, Martins, Viduka is the same.

Take into account other positions ie Enrique cost 6m quid and has hardly played, the failure to replace Solano. You are talking about major changes to the team here, and it won't be done looking around at 17 year old kids and cheap players out of contract alone.

They have failed to understand football and grasp what was needed.

You see, people are making excuses for the new board not backing Keegan ie you and mick who didn't reply to my earlier question.

Keegan isnt' going to say anything other than what he said, because he quite firmly said that he wanted to bring in 2 or 3 players before the end of the transfer window.

So what do you think changed, when players moved during the window ? And don't forget about other players such as Bentley who's transfer value has most definitely gone up in the last week or two ie buying him in the summer will cost more than buying him in January, so whats this nonsense about people saying wait until the summer all about ? Especially when we are in a relegation struggle.

Fact is, the new board have cocked up with their policy, and they haven't recognised we have been playing a dangerous game with a squad short of numbers and quality.

The central midfield balance between Butt, Faye, Emre, Barton is weak and unbalanced. The central strikers of Owen, Smith, Martins, Viduka is the same.

Take into account other positions ie Enrique cost 6m quid and has hardly played, the failure to replace Solano. You are talking about major changes to the team here, and it won't be done looking around at 17 year old kids and cheap players out of contract alone.

didn't even see your earlier question.

keegan also quite firmly stated that in his view he couldn't get in anyone who was better than what we already had.

could it be the board have left it to the manager to decide ?

keegan also quite firmly stated that in his view he couldn't get in anyone who was better than what we already had.

You see, this is the bit that I simply don't buy. We know Keegan, we all know he wants results yesterday. There is no way he hasn't came in and decided instantly that we need a striker and midfield player, and didn't already know players playing for clubs lower and/or smaller than us who would improve us overnight. Whats wrong with bidding for these players ?

He's being conservative with the truth, and rightly so in his position. He's missed off, at the end of his sentence, "for the money I have at the moment".

We are playing a dangerous game, dicing with our premiership status here.

You see, this is the bit that I simply don't buy. We know Keegan, we all know he wants results yesterday. There is no way he hasn't came in and decided instantly that we need a striker and midfield player, and didn't already know players playing for clubs lower and/or smaller than us who would improve us overnight. Whats wrong with bidding for these players ?

He's being conservative with the truth, and rightly so in his position. He's missed off, at the end of his sentence, "for the money I have at the moment".

or the players weren't available at the time?.

the woodgate bid wasn't leaked by NUFC the levante centre half thing wasn't denied by NUFC ..they say nowt. we have no idea who they went after in the most part.

for example...if we had bid for bentley,blackburn would hardly want it going public as they may have an unsettled player if an auction starts knowing full well that they'd get more in the summer if they wanted to sell.

i agree we are playing a dangerous game but you may well be falling for the idea of "because i don't see action then none is happening" during the window.

the woodgate bid wasn't leaked by NUFC the levante centre half thing wasn't denied by NUFC ..they say nowt. we have no idea who they went after in the most part.

for example...if we had bid for bentley,blackburn would hardly want it going public as they may have an unsettled player if an auction starts knowing full well that they'd get more in the summer if they wanted to sell.

i agree we are playing a dangerous game but you may well be falling for the idea of "because i don't see action then none is happening" during the window.

I can accept that is possible.

However, we know that Benjani was available, because he moved. Keegan may well think he wouldn't do better than Viduka, Smith or be a better partner for Owen or Martins, do you think so ? I don't.

The club - or somebody at the club - failed to grasp the need to replace Solano and Dyer, at least, letting them both go on transfer deadline day, and 5 months later still don't grasp it.

I can accept that is possible.

However, we know that Benjani was available, because he moved. Keegan may well think he wouldn't do better than Viduka, Smith or be a better partner for Owen or Martins, do you think so ? I don't.

The club - or somebody at the club - failed to grasp the need to replace Solano and Dyer, at least, letting them both go on transfer deadline day, and 5 months later still don't grasp it.

no but it's more than possible he didn't want to sign someone like that just until the end of the season when he'd want to get better again in.

FWIW i'd take martins,played correctly over benjani.