FA may probe Barton clash

ShearMagic

It is harsh that he gets pulled up for this when much worse has been ignored by the FA but its Barton's reputation that causes this and that is his own fault. He is never going to learn look at what is going on in his life right now at he still does something totally stupid during a match, he has not even performed on the pitch for us and there is the massive risk he will be sent off in every game.

I don't think its harsh - yes, there are other things that seem to go unpunished, but that doesn;t mean what HE does is right.

He does bad things.

Other people do equally bad things.

Only he gets punished for it.

That's not harsh?

No, its not. Its WRONG that others don't get looked at, but the fact that BArton DOES is not harsh on him - his behaviour shoudl be punished when he does something wrong (again). SO its not harsh on him, its not harsh enough on others.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7241267.stm

Newcastle's Barton escapes FA ban

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton will not have any action taken against him following an incident involving Aston Villa's Shaun Maloney on Saturday.

It was obvious that Barton threw a punch at the Scottish forward during his side's 4-1 defeat at Villa Park.

But after studying video evidence, the Football Association has somehow cleared the 25-year-old of any wrongdoing.

Barton, whose brother killed a black man with an axe, only recently returned to action having spent a week in prison after being charged with assault and affray.

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton will not have any action taken against him following an incident involving Aston Villa's Shaun Maloney on Saturday.

It was obvious that Barton threw a punch at the Scottish forward during his side's 4-1 defeat at Villa Park.

But after studying video evidence, the Football Association has somehow cleared the 25-year-old of any wrongdoing.

Barton, whose brother killed a black man with an axe, only recently returned to action having spent a week in prison after being charged with assault and affray.

:rolleyes:

:laugh:

Guest Sniffer

How can any player be penalised when Adebayor wasn't?

Looks to me like the fix is in because arse's title challenge would be in the shitter if he was given an extended suspension.

Guest mobiius

i think his head is in another place at the mo so i don't know that playing him is a wise decision. saying that KK has been a bit limited on who he can choose. I am glad he got off cos if he hadn't of then there would of been a massive stink coming from the FA. Whats good for one is good for the other.The gooners can get away with it so then so should we and to be honest i'm sick and tired of seeing the fact that his family  member is locked up for a racist murder, what the fuck has that got to do with twatting someone on a pitch is totally beyond me. In my view Joey is a liability till he gets his check up from the neck up but he didn't deserve to be convicted cos  he is Joey Barton.

i think his head is in another place at the mo so i don't know that playing him is a wise decision. saying that KK has been a bit limited on who he can choose. I am glad he got off cos if he hadn't of then there would of been a massive stink coming from the FA. Whats good for one is good for the other.The gooners can get away with it so then so should we and to be honest i'm sick and tired of seeing the fact that his family  member is locked up for a racist murder, what the fuck has that got to do with twatting someone on a pitch is totally beyond me. In my view Joey is a liability till he gets his check up from the neck up but he didn't deserve to be convicted cos  he is Joey Barton.

:lol: Whooooosh!

:lol: Whooooosh!

:lol:

I don't know if everyone else noticed but he caught Young late with a challenge in the box (1st half) where imo he was trying to 'do' the player and he got away with it because ended up playing the ball with his other foot. So that's two pens he could have easily given away. On top of that he was absolutely shite in every other aspect of his game.

Before this i was advocating giving him another chance, because i do still think when he regains form he's the best option we have in central midfield, but after that... If he can't control himself for 90 minutes on a football pitch, just weeks after coming out of prison, i hold little hope for the rest of the time.

As long as he doesn't go down for the Dabo incident, i imagine one of the struggling or promoted clubs will see him as a bargain for £3-4M in the Summer.

Before this i was advocating giving him another chance, because i do still think when he regains form he's the best option we have in central midfield, but after that... If he can't control himself for 90 minutes on a football pitch, just weeks after coming out of prison, i hold little hope for the rest of the time.

As long as he doesn't go down for the Dabo incident, i imagine one of the struggling or promoted clubs will see him as a bargain for £3-4M in the Summer.

Doubt they'd pay his wages though.

He seemed to take a clear swipe at Maloney's face, from the footage i saw. When you consider he's currently supposed to be on his 'best behaviour' it makes it increasingly difficult to have faith in him to keep his head in other situations, on and off the pitch.

He seemed to take a clear swipe at Maloney's face, from the footage i saw. When you consider he's currently supposed to be on his 'best behaviour' it makes it increasingly difficult to have faith in him to keep his head in other situations, on and off the pitch.

I'm not defending it, mainly because the ref could have given a pen and sent him off if he'd seen it.