What happens when Martins returns?

Decky

Martins won't make much difference.

I partly agree but he might just make enough of a difference to see us start winning the odd game and creating a bit of consternation in opposing defences with his pace.

I partly agree but he might just make enough of a difference to see us start winning the odd game and creating a bit of consternation in opposing defences with his pace.

Short of him gormlessly grinning (Taylor is his main competition for this) the opp to death I don't have high hopes for the return of the scatty one.

Short of him gormlessly grinning (Taylor is his main competition for this) the opp to death I don't have high hopes for the return of the scatty one.

You know I don't rate him much but he'll get you goals if nothing else. I'd settle for his strikes keeping us up for the second season running and worry about what to do with him come the summer.

Guest clownhat

Martins and Faye must start every game when fit and so must enrique.

HArper

Beye     Faye     Taylor      Enrique

Butt

Zog

Milner                               Duff

Owen    Martins

Subs

Given

Cacapa

Barton

Emre

Viduka

with faye not butt

Guest Sniffer

Short memories.

Martins wasn't much good before he left and didn't seem to do anything at the anc. Unless three weeks in africa has improved his abysmal control I'm not holding my breathe.

Guest Sniffer

No. I'd prefer not to watch Smith either.

Just pointing out that Martins hasn't been much good this season at all so his return is nothing to get excited about based on what we've seen so far.

No. I'd prefer not to watch Smith either.

Just pointing out that Martins hasn't been much good this season at all so his return is nothing to get excited about based on what we've seen so far.

This is true. Still at least some defences might be scared of his potential pace, seeing as he won't actually use it against them, meaning maybe a bit more room for Owen?

I don't mean Owen-style movement btw, I mean rather than working the same three square yards of grass for 90mins.

This would be good if we had midfielders arriving late into the box, meaning his movement would be creating space for a good cause. As it is we won't have people doing that, so i'd rather leave him in the middle where he's more likely to get a chance.